Coriolis Effect

• 39 Replies
Re: Coriolis Effect
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 11:59:23 PM »
So...FET accepts the Coriolis effect, which means at the very least you have to accept a rotating Earth. But you don't believe in a rotating Earth... ???  Is there something I'm missing here?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »
So...FET accepts the Coriolis effect, which means at the very least you have to accept a rotating Earth. But you don't believe in a rotating Earth... ???  Is there something I'm missing here?

Not all FEers do accept the Coriolis effect... but some do recognize that it can be empirically observed that large cyclones rotate one way north of the equator and the other way south of the equator; what's questioned is the cause.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »

Not all FEers do accept the Coriolis effect... but some do recognize that it can be empirically observed that large cyclones rotate one way north of the equator and the other way south of the equator; what's questioned is the cause.

You do realize that if the Earth was flat, than the Coriolis effect would only be in one direction...right? And to be honest, since FET has so many variations and different hypothesis, conspiracy theories, radicals, moderates and formulas, it's really hard to take it seriously. How can a theory exist with so many different people questioning different parts that believe in it? UA, gravity, space conspiracy, sun, it's all too much. IMO get your shit together, and form a neat, straight forward compelling argument the Earth is flat. At least RE'ers follow a specific train of thought.

If I disprove something in the FET, I get responses like "not all FET'ers believe _fill in the blank_. But the ones that DO believe in it have proof that it can work on a flat Earth!" etc... How can we concretely prove something like that when there is so much discrepancy between FE'ers and the theory itself?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

You do realize that if the Earth was flat, than the Coriolis effect would only be in one direction...right? And to be honest, since FET has so many variations and different hypothesis, conspiracy theories, radicals, moderates and formulas, it's really hard to take it seriously. How can a theory exist with so many different people questioning different parts that believe in it? UA, gravity, space conspiracy, sun, it's all too much. IMO get your shit together, and form a neat, straight forward compelling argument the Earth is flat. At least RE'ers follow a specific baffling train of thought.

If I disprove something in the FET, I get responses like "not all FET'ers believe _fill in the blank_. But the ones that DO believe in it have proof that it can work on a flat Earth!" etc... How can we concretely prove something like that when there is so much discrepancy between FE'ers and the theory itself?
fix'd

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »
Baffling to you, so be it. At least we don't have multiple theories on how big the Earth is, what keeps us on, eclipses, the sun, the sky, rotation, stars, universes, light etc...

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
Baffling to you, so be it. At least we don't have multiple theories on how big the Earth is, what keeps us on, eclipses, the sun, the sky, rotation, stars, universes, light etc...

Nor do we need to invoke forces which can not be demonstrated in order to explain our model.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »
Regardless, the question about the rotation still exists to the FE'er's out there! What is making that bullet or artillery shell miss!

People with horrible aim.

Good trolling, that's why anyone with two eyes can get into Sniper school, right?

Get into? Lots do.

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

[/quote]

Get into? Lots do.
[/quote]

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armytrng/a/sniperschool.htm

Does it hurt being wrong all of the time? I'm just wondering, it's not very healthy to be a Sadist.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »

(/quote]

Get into? Lots do.
(/quote]

Does it hurt to fail so hard?

That link said nothing about the number of people that attend.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:58:34 PM by EnglshGentleman »

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »

Does it hurt to fail so hard?

That link said nothing about the number of people that attend.
[/quote]

Just because a Marine makes it into the platoon does not mean he is guaranteed even a chance to go to school. After passing the indoctrination and being accepted into the platoon, a Marine will officially become a PIG (Primarily Instructed Gunman) and will have one purpose in life, to pass school and gain the coveted MOS (0317 - Scout Sniper). School seats are very limited and are given competitively to the best qualified and usually senior platoon members. Expect to wait a minimum of a year before getting a chance to go to school. This could even be as long as 2–3 years depending on the platoon's deployment rotation and how many school seats they get allocated. During this time platoon members will be learning all of the skills that will be vital to passing school. Marines need to work and study hard to make sure they are ready for school. Marines who hope to pass school must be in peak physical condition. Once graduating school, he will shed his title as a PIG and become a HOG (Hunter of Gunmen).

-from wikipedia scout sniper. Also, the prerequisites weed out a lot as well. You have to be really good and recommended to get in.

It's hard to get in, even harder to pass. Now go crawl back into your cave, or take a stab at something else that I said.