Can you guys xplain something?

• 74 Replies
Re: Can you guys xplain something?
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
It's completely on Topic. If you want to assume FE is correct, I can ask you to demonstrate your assumption to be correct. Feel free to provide something other than assumptions, pseudoscience, or religious dogma to make your claims relevant.

This thread is about the conspiracy. I request you stop derailing it and create another thread about a coordinate system according to FE that is accurate and navigable you should create a thread about it.
You invited the debate by saying FE is true, so you might want to take your own advice.

You should learn to read. This is what it says under, "What is Flat Earth General?"

Here you can freely discuss about the Flat Earth Society or the Flat Earth movement in general. For example, if you want to ask questions about The Conspiracy, flat earth believers and their beliefs, or anything else not related to Flat Earth Theory, this is the place for it. If you wish to discuss Flat Earth Theory itself, you should go to Flat Earth Q&A or Flat Earth Debate. Keep in mind that although somewhat relaxed, this forum is still subject to the Site Rules.

Once again, not everywhere in the upper fora is for debate Clocktower.

It's completely on Topic. If you want to assume FE is correct, I can ask you to demonstrate your assumption to be correct. Feel free to provide something other than assumptions, pseudoscience, or religious dogma to make your claims relevant.

Please read Earth Not a Globe.

LMAO.. We already discussed why that was entirely nonsensical in another thread Tom. Posting literature proven to be an epic failure is not what I would call a wise choice.

Someone just fell for a troll.

I'm not falling for them, I am feeding them. You ought to know by now that you have been given a rather generous meal.
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:33 AM »
How did the simple question "How do you know there is a conspiracy?" turn into a semantics discussion? Can we move back to the original topic?.
Ok, you guys think there is a conspiracy, because it's the only way NASA pictures are fake, books, scientists, and science are wrong. But, do any of you have evidence about this conspiracy? Any filtration, document, interview with a former member? Anything?

Please, don't fail me this time, I've already asked for evidence for
-Aether
-Repulsive gravity (or smth like that that a FE'er mentioned)
And those were unanswered... will this one be too?

Obviously, if no evidences of the conspiracy are presented, it will need to be dismissed.
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

?

trig

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
How did the simple question "How do you know there is a conspiracy?" turn into a semantics discussion?
This is called cheap philosophy and it is the specialty of FE theorists. A logic clause: "Earth is flat, therefore there is a conspiracy" is totally wrong from the mathematical point of view (since there is no information whatsoever about the sets where "Earth is flat" defines a subset, and there is no information whatsoever about the sets where "there is a conspiracy" is a subset of any kind).

Then comes the cheap philosophical argument about the exact semantics of "assumption".

If you check the classical logical arguments, like "all leaves are green, this is a leaf, therefore it is green", they define the set of objects upon which an assumption is made, and then comes the logical inference. But this is obviously not the case here.

And the aether and repulsive empty space discussions are not much better: they are of the kind "I do not like attractive forces over long distances, so there has to be an aether, or a magical substance that eliminates attractive forces over long distances".

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
How did the simple question "How do you know there is a conspiracy?" turn into a semantics discussion? Can we move back to the original topic?.
Ok, you guys think there is a conspiracy, because it's the only way NASA pictures are fake, books, scientists, and science are wrong. But, do any of you have evidence about this conspiracy? Any filtration, document, interview with a former member? Anything?

Please, don't fail me this time, I've already asked for evidence for
-Aether
-Repulsive gravity (or smth like that that a FE'er mentioned)
And those were unanswered... will this one be too?

Obviously, if no evidences of the conspiracy are presented, it will need to be dismissed.

Btw, they don't like my signature :)
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:43 AM »
How did the simple question "How do you know there is a conspiracy?" turn into a semantics discussion?

I think I'd blame Clocktower for that. I respectfully answered you and he wanted to debate "cheap philosophy" and semantics.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:11:26 AM by EnglshGentleman »

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »

I think I'd blame CT for that. I respectfully answered you and he wanted to debate "cheap philosophy" and semantics.

CT is respectfully cheap philosophy, it's really hard not to debate cheapness of the sort when it's already cheap as it can get  8)

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

I think I'd blame CT for that. I respectfully answered you and he wanted to debate "cheap philosophy" and semantics.

CT is respectfully cheap philosophy, it's really hard not to debate cheapness of the sort when it's already cheap as it can get  8)

Unless you are thinking of a different CT than me, that sentence doesn't make sense.

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »

Unless you are thinking of a different CT than me, that sentence doesn't make sense.

You were talking about ClockTower :) And I was going for:

I was generalizing in regards to any conspiracy theory.. Nothing makes sense unless you can validate it. CTs are usually mostly paranoia invoked by a fear of something you perceive to be happening, or has happened. I don't pay attention to CTs, and in cases like this, it's just nothing more than a pleading cheap argument. That is kind of the purpose of my signature, to show the cheapness of the argument.

It's interesting Phun giving that FE relies on CT for support :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:17:06 PM by TheJackel »

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
You were talking about ClockTower :) And I don't pay attention to CT.

I agree with this.

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »

I agree with this.

Isn't misquoting against the TOS?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »

I agree with this.

I agreed that I was talking about ClockTower, and that you don't pay attention to CT.

What are you talking about?

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »

I agree with this.

I agreed that I was talking about ClockTower, and that you don't pay attention to CT.

What are you talking about?

NVM, I think you quoted me before I edited the post for clarity of context :)

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure that is what happened.  :) ;)

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 07:42:55 PM »

Yeah, I just forgot about it  8) Clearly my bad on that :P

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:53 PM »

Yeah, I just forgot about it  8) Clearly my bad on that :P

Good to know we can be civil.  :-*