Why isn't Earth flipping like a top?

• 112 Replies

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Why isn't Earth flipping like a top?
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2010, 08:19:11 AM »
That was me thanking you for pointing out the obvious, not defending them.

I'm sorry but I don't consider flipping in an algebraic geometry context to have anything obvious to do with flipping in a physical sense, which is why I brought up that quote.

And I thanked you for pointing out that the equations were about flipping. ;)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »
That was me thanking you for pointing out the obvious, not defending them.

I'm sorry but I don't consider flipping in an algebraic geometry context to have anything obvious to do with flipping in a physical sense, which is why I brought up that quote.

And I thanked you for pointing out that the equations were about flipping. ;)

And I pointed out that there is more than one definition of flipping.  Her equations didn't seem to fit the context of "flipping like a top".

Using real scientific concepts in the wrong context is a favorite tactic among FE'ers.  You're learning this well, I see.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:44:42 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
The reason I know the calculations are garbage is because Jen Johnson is my roommate.

My roommate wanted to see just how biased RE'ers are and I think the thread proves it. (+troll you guys for the lulz) Whenever a FE'ers posts equations and calculations, RE'ers immediately demand they are walked through it. When Jen Johnson posted these equations and totally made up the calculations, not one single RE'er asked her to explain them. In fact, many defended her when FE'ers posted.
I kind of with TheJackel in this one, you just played underhandedly and achieved nothing except your discredit.

I fail to see how someone else's actions discredit FE'ers, especially when they aren't one. Further, I do not see how this is discrediting. Would a journalist be discredited if they exposed corruption in a police station. Of course not.
You discredited yourself playing underhandedly. And journalist would be discredited if it appears that he is the one that planted the faked evidence about the corruption.

Jen Johnson didn't plant fake evidence. Causing people to incriminate themselves does not discredit you. Police use this tactic in arrest drug dealers and infiltrate gangs all the time.
Sure, but this is not the gang and even with the gangs you can't use the evidence which you plant yourself to them and you planted Jen Johnson who was supposed to do whatever you thought was necessary. I didn't say that Jen discredited herself, you discredited yourself and brought the shame upon the community which you represent.
 I still wait your quotes about RE persons defending Jen. And I still don't understand how you showed that RE side is more biased than FE side.

Where did I say that I planted Jen Johnson? I never said anything of the sort.

Also, yes, if a cop puts cocaine in someone's hands they can't arrest them, I'm not suggesting this. However, if a cop goes and asks a drug dealer to sell him drugs and he does, he can use that to arrest him. That is exactly what happened. I find it funny that you are still trying to defend as RE'ers integrity, as if they can do nothing wrong.

Who said an RE'r could never do anything wrong? The very fact you knew you were playing a game to ruse someone into making a mistake is clearly a pathetic attempt at credibility. The only integrity lost here is yours. You thus have shown yourself to be completely not trust worthy. And let me tell ya, being apart of a crime and not reporting it due to you playing along makes you guilty. You apparently are very arrogant to think RE'rs don't think they can do any wrong, or when you seemingly are trying to paint yourself and FE as magically righteous. I also guess you like to stereotype and generalize in clearly what is also the best example of hypocrisy on this forum.

And I didn't realize that some cop put cocaine in someone's hands according to your statement to which states, "that is exactly what happened". That comment also sounds a lot like typical religious dogma to where they accuse and assert non-believers as drug lords, murderers, child rapists ect to play a morality game to make it appear as if they have moral integrity when they clearly do not. Scientology anyone? It's a pathetic play at righteousness.

And your roommate should see how Biased FEr's are by lurking more.. I suppose I could start an entire thread quoting FE'rs in their mindless following of FET. Tom Bishop can be your poster boy. Your argument here is completely disingenuous. There is nothing worse than a singing intentional hypocrite. And Bias aside, it's the evidence in the end that determines what is likely true and what is likely false. not some bias that is applicable to either side of the coin here. And apparently FES can't handle the evidence so we end up with childish retarded games like this one being played out.

You are clearly blinded by your self-righteous light . Learn how to use a prism so you can see the color spectrum of your failure here. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:51:10 AM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

?

zork

« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2010, 10:19:40 AM »

Where did I say that I planted Jen Johnson? I never said anything of the sort.

Also, yes, if a cop puts cocaine in someone's hands they can't arrest them, I'm not suggesting this. However, if a cop goes and asks a drug dealer to sell him drugs and he does, he can use that to arrest him. That is exactly what happened. I find it funny that you are still trying to defend as RE'ers integrity, as if they can do nothing wrong.
I don't care what you directly said, you made it seem so and to others it matters most how they see you. And you did make yourself seem in that way. Was it because you said or didn't say something that doesn't matter anymore.
 And I don't defend RE'ers integrity, they can also be wrong and disagree and do other things.  If you just read the threads here then there are much, much more threads where FE'ers praise other FE'ers for something they did without any questions. So, what I really want to know is how exactly you proved that RE'ers are different or more biased than FE'ers.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »
The reason I know the calculations are garbage is because Jen Johnson is my roommate.

My roommate wanted to see just how biased RE'ers are and I think the thread proves it. (+troll you guys for the lulz) Whenever a FE'ers posts equations and calculations, RE'ers immediately demand they are walked through it. When Jen Johnson posted these equations and totally made up the calculations, not one single RE'er asked her to explain them. In fact, many defended her when FE'ers posted.

Not exactly...

Interesting, Jen.

Could you explain the equation a little, for a slight mathematical illiterate?
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2010, 01:33:20 PM »
If the Earth is a disk, it would follow that if some body crashed into the side of the Earth at a certain angle, it would follow that the Earth would start to flip like a coin.

These equations:

Would allow us to figure out how much we would flip from such a blow.

I calculate that if an object weighing 7.5x10^4 tons were to hit us at a 175 degree angle, it would cause the Earth to flip at around 7 times per minute.

Why aren't we feeling these affects?  ???

Please define the terms used in your equations and specify what values you used.

Parsifal deserves kudos for coming right out and asking for definition of terms.

(I went hook, line, and sinker into the depths of the impressive formula and detoured quickly into just welcoming such a fine mind.)  :-[   

After that, I did find it puzzling that Jen or other RE'ers didn't step in and pounce on my congrats to PP for correcting the formula?  Suffice it to say, it is very fortunate that is was just a test.  There is enough to worry about without fearing that the earth will flip like a top!

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »
I never had a stance on the subject btw Gotham. I had a pretty good idea what was going to happen, and that is why I specifically rejected a stance to the Englishman and demanded he show his hand on the subject.  ::) If you take time to notice, the antics are almost obvious within the first 5 posts. BTW, I don't think PP knew the formula given vs being given one to post. Makes you wonder who was in the IRC channel at the time. Regardless, this clearly demonstrated some pretty pathetic behavior on the part of those who partook in it. In my opinion it ought to be grounds for banning. However, that is rather laughable giving those in the IRC channel have a little click going on with some of them being mods here. This is all conjecture, but that is how I see it.

FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
I never had a stance on the subject btw Gotham. I had a pretty good idea what was going to happen, and that is why I specifically rejected a stance to the Englishman and demanded he show his hand on the subject.  ::) If you take time to notice, the antics are almost obvious within the first 5 posts. BTW, I don't think PP knew the formula given vs being given one to post. Makes you wonder who was in the IRC channel at the time. Regardless, this clearly demonstrated some pretty pathetic behavior on the part of those who partook in it. In my opinion it ought to be grounds for banning. However, that is rather laughable giving those in the IRC channel have a little click going on with some of them being mods here. This is all conjecture, but that is how I see it.

The people didn't know in the IRC until two days after it was posted. Antics in the first five posts? The first five posts were trying to figure out what would happen if such a collision did happen, regardless of the calculations.

So once again, the people in the IRC didn't know the truth behind it until after the fact, and none of them even join in to perpetuate it afterward.

I frankly don't see what everyone is crying about. "His roommate tricked us and he went along with it! BAAWWWW!"

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »
I frankly don't see what everyone is crying about. "His roommate tricked us and he went along with it! BAAWWWW!" 

It's called academic integrity.  That is something that many FE'ers lack.

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »

The people didn't know in the IRC until two days after it was posted. Antics in the first five posts? The first five posts were trying to figure out what would happen if such a collision did happen, regardless of the calculations.

So once again, the people in the IRC didn't know the truth behind it until after the fact, and none of them even join in to perpetuate it afterward.

First clue is someone purporting a formula and then flip flops between flipping and spinning. That is were my first hunch began, so I gave the poster the benefit of perspective to see where that would go. And the rest nicely unfolded. As far as the IRC thing goes, I can only go by your word. Unless of course you care to release the logs to us. Regardless, Markjo is correct in his statement about academic integrity.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »

First clue is someone purporting a formula and then flip flops between flipping and spinning. That is were my first hunch began, so I gave the poster the benefit of perspective to see where that would go. And the rest nicely unfolded. As far as the IRC thing goes, I can only go by your word. Unless of course you care to release the logs to us. Regardless, Markjo is correct in his statement about academic integrity.

I'm afraid you would have to ask Parsifal for those logs since he owns the current IRC. And actually they didn't find out about it because I was bragging or anything. More of a biproduct of something else. Its a long story, if you want me to tell you it in PM i will, but otherwise you'd have to take my word on that.

As far as flipping and spinning, then can be the same motion. The only difference is orientation.

Quote from: www.newcastle.edu.au/service/library/tutorials/infoskills/glossary.html
Academic integrity governs the way in which you research and write while at University. It is founded on the principles of respect for knowledge, truth, scholarship and acting with honesty. These principles and values are the foundation of academia.

Since when are we researching and writing essays? I didn't steal anyone else's intellectual property.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »
Quote from: www.newcastle.edu.au/service/library/tutorials/infoskills/glossary.html
Academic integrity governs the way in which you research and write while at University. It is founded on the principles of respect for knowledge, truth, scholarship and acting with honesty. These principles and values are the foundation of academia.

Since when are we researching and writing essays? I didn't steal anyone else's intellectual property.

Where does your quote say anything about writing essays?  When did anyone accuse you of stealing intellectual property?  There are lots of ways of being academically (and/or intellectually) dishonest.

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
As far as flipping and spinning, then can be the same motion. The only difference is orientation.

I was well aware of that, but it didn't seem to fit the argument. And I do believe I had pointed that out in regards to orientation. Hence why I sat by to see where the argument would go. As it turned out on gut feeling at the time, I was right not to jump in on a equation I was unfamiliar with  8)

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »

You're misusing the quote. Where does the quote say that AH is only associated with researching and writing essays? Stealing IP?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »

Where does your quote say anything about writing essays?  When did anyone accuse you of stealing intellectual property?  There are lots of ways of being academically (and/or intellectually) dishonest.

Really? The definition says otherwise.

« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »

look up dishonest discourse if you need further help.

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »

Really. That's not a definition. Learn to read.

Parsifal

• Official Member
  • Bendy Light specialist
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »
There is no such thing as "intellectual property".
I'm going to side with the white supremacists.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »

It was in the glossary.  ::) Glossaries have definitions in them.

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »

So? Is there a point you're trying to make? Do you need help in reading the entry? Would you like someone to explain to you what a 'definition' is?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2010, 09:23:56 PM »

So? Is there a point you're trying to make? Do you need help in reading the entry? Would you like someone to explain to you what a 'definition' is?

Do YOU have a point here?

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2010, 10:40:05 PM »

Do YOU have a point here?
Yes. You need help reading simple passages and pull out a seemingly random phrase in a glossary entry as the word's definition. Let's help you out here. 1) Glossaries are not dictionaries. 2) Everything in a entry in glossary is not the definition of the head. If you still need help, please ask.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 06:19:20 AM »

That's how one institution defines it.  What makes you believe that it's the only, or definitive, definition of academic integrity?