Visiting the Ice Wall

• 26 Replies
Visiting the Ice Wall
« on: September 07, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »
Hello all, this upcoming summer I will be living in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  While I am there I would be interested in taking a cruise or some sort of expedition to go visit the ice wall which surrounds Earth.  I was wondering has anyone here ever made this trip before?

Re: Visiting the Ice Wall
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »
Hello all, this upcoming summer I will be living in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  While I am there I would be interested in taking a cruise or some sort of expedition to go visit the ice wall which surrounds Earth.  I was wondering has anyone here ever made this trip before?
how about instead you spend ur money on a stick, put it in the ground and observe the shadow it casts

Lorddave

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:17:45 PM »
John Davis tried.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Lorddave

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »
John Davis tried.

So he claimed.
Oh I believe him. He has pictures of himself with some south American penguins on his facebook page. So I believe he went down there.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »
John Davis tried.

So he claimed.
Oh I believe him. He has pictures of himself with some south American penguins on his facebook page. So I believe he went down there.

You are aware that South America does not equal Antarctica, yes?
How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
Horatio is not very smart. Prove me wrong.

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »
Horatio is not very smart. Prove me wrong.

I agree, since I am extremely smart.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »
Horatio is not smart at all. Prove me wrong.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »

I got nothing.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »

I just called this number: (011) 4348-8000 and I suggest you try it yourself and ask a question about this subject ;) I could list hundreds of other numbers. And btw, penguins are not proof of your claims giving that they do frequent Argentina in South America.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:53:04 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 11:10:01 PM »
John Davis tried.

So he claimed.

Yes. Are you aware that to go to Antarctica you usually go to south America and take a boat?  I suppose austrailia might work but I don't know. At any rate it looks like he was there and thus tried to go.

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 01:05:54 AM »
John Davis tried.

So he claimed.

Yes. Are you aware that to go to Antarctica you usually go to south America and take a boat?  I suppose austrailia might work but I don't know. At any rate it looks like he was there and thus tried to go.

Actually, that doesn't prove anything other than he was in South America. And may I ask to see this picture?

FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Lorddave

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 01:42:44 AM »
John Davis tried.

So he claimed.

Actually, that doesn't prove anything other than he was in South America. And may I ask to see this picture?

I think it might be on the forum somewhere. If not I'll have to get permission from him to show it.

Anyway, I know it only proves he went to south America but since he said that his trip on a boat was canceled due to weather I have little reason to doubt him.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 01:53:24 AM »
John Davis tried.

So he claimed.

I think it might be on the forum somewhere. If not I'll have to get permission from him to show it.

Anyway, I know it only proves he went to south America but since he said that his trip on a boat was canceled due to weather I have little reason to doubt him.

Canceled boat trip seems convenient to state as a reason. Especially when the correct answer would be by Airplane to reach the south Pole. Regardless, there is no more need to debate that since he never went there. A am also curious as to the locations he's traveled, how long it took him to get from one point to another, and what speed he was traveling at. And I say this because I know from experience that the Earth is Spherical due to the coordinate system I have to use to navigate with in order to accurately sail from point A to point B.

Anyways here is some stuff on boat trips ectra to Antarctica from Argentina:

http://www.interhabit.com/ushuaia/trips_boat_antartica_485.htm
http://www.allaboutar.com/ard_antarctica.htm
http://wikitravel.org/en/Antarctica
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:02:38 AM by TheJackel »

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 01:59:26 AM »
Of course, there's little information in his claim to doubt. There is no reason to conclude that Antarctica is some "rim" structure that prevents the exploration of the rimward expanse based on a alleged weather-related cancellation of a supposed trip, right?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 04:38:59 AM »
Oh my God, you guys really are that dumb, aren't you? Lorddave is an REer.

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:25 AM »
Sorry, but we can disagree among ourselves. It's called academic honesty. Your team should give it a try. Of course, you could just continue your personal attacks about how dumb we are. It seems to be all you've got these days.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
Look at what you are  "disagreeing among yourselves" about, and tell me, honestly, that you believe it is academic.

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »

Oh, I guess it's illegal now to question another RE'r? Wow, I guess we are following your stereotype in the Flipping Earth Thread  ::) And I can't assume Lorddave is an RE'r, and FE'r, or a pretender giving this site has shown it's capability at dishonest discourse. Even if Lorddave proclaims to be X vs Y or Z, we can simply deny he is either one of those at any given time. So I guess I am going to have to assume you are lying. And to some here on this forum, they think assumption is valid.

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »
Look at what you are  "disagreeing among yourselves" about, and tell me, honestly, that you believe it is academic.
Where did I say that what we are disagreeing among ourselves is academic? Do you understand what academic honesty is?

Lorddave

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 03:28:38 PM »
Why is this an issue?  I stated my opinion on if he attempted the trip. I never said he made it, had proof of a conspiracy or ice wall, or falsified any data.
And for the record: I know the Earth is a sphere.

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »
Why is this an issue?  I stated my opinion on if he attempted the trip. I never said he made it, had proof of a conspiracy or ice wall, or falsified any data.
And for the record: I know the Earth is a sphere.
Given your clarification, I don't see an issue either. When you said "John Davis tried.", I was taken back that any claim would be treated as fact. I see now you meant that you only believe that he tried.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
I know the Earth is a sphere.

In RET it is a oblate spheroid.  :-\

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
Sorry, but we can disagree among ourselves. It's called academic honesty.  Your team should give it a try.

Interesting; the fact that there's disagreement over many facets of FE is usually thrown in our face as something that somehow invalidates FE.  I guess it's worth us all taking note that in addition to his many trolling tactics Clocktower practices a double standard.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
Clocktower practices a double standard.
Nothing new to see here. It's been concluded several times before.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »
Sorry, but we can disagree among ourselves. It's called academic honesty.  Your team should give it a try.

Interesting; the fact that there's disagreement over many facets of FE is usually thrown in our face as something that somehow invalidates FE.  I guess it's worth us all taking note that in addition to his many trolling tactics Clocktower practices a double standard.

You means such disagreements on Maps? What it comes down to is not what you FE'rs agree to or disagree to but what you can actually show to be consistent and accurate to the real world to which is backed up by evidence that substantiates it. Do you have a navigable FE coordinate system accurate to within 1sq meter? NO? Well, I don't think you have any room to be arguing that FE is even a valid concept. And what does invalidate FE is that a spherical coordinate system does work with or without GPS. That alone completely collapses the FE theory because no such coordinate system will work on FE.

However, I agree that disagreeing with each other doesn't necessarily imply falsity in a theory. It's the evidence that does that.