Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
Re: "My Philosophy Regarding Established & Future Belief Systems"
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »
Alchemy

???

Also, why bother making an alt if you're going to be exactly the same person?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
SORRY, AM I MISSING SOME SORT OF POINT HERE?

If you have to ask, the answer is universally yes.

Your attempt at sarcasm about "people going back to killing each other for benefit" entertains me. I am having a hard time discerning which era you are living in, when mankind has stopped doing that. Curious.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:57:30 AM by Midnight »
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
SORRY, AM I MISSING SOME SORT OF POINT HERE?

Okay, enjoy your herpaderp anarchist idealism then, I guess.

Your attempt at sarcasm about "people going back to killing each other for benefit" entertains me. I am having a hard time discerning which era you are living in, when mankind has stopped doing that. Curious.

As you may have noticed, killing others within a society goes punished, which as a result makes people kill other people less.

Your lack of grasp of the basics of social philosophy doesn't mean any dispute against your "philosophy" isn't serious.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:00:26 PM by Blanko »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Medicine:

My grandfather had a saying: "Get up early, go to bed early. Exercise everyday. Eat right. Die anyway".

The current mind-fail of my American compatriots offers me no end of entertainment. Diets. Machines. It all is a real circus. None of it matters. You are GOING to die. Nothing you do will save you. Nothing you say will save you. Nothing you inject, swallow, apply or wear will save you, in the end. It, all of it, this life we have to each of us, is finite. Deal with it. Medicine is a weapon of mass distraction.

Doctors proffer something Howard Bloom called "The Illusion of Control". They give you the false sense that someone is watching out for you, and has all the bumps ready to smooth over. In reality, where I live and pay rent, these persons do NOT, and will NOT. They are the most audacious form of Organized Crime that exists in modern man's pantry. Think about it.

???

When has anyone ever claimed that medicine is supposed to be the key to immortality?  All medicine does is extend life.  It's not a big secret.

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »
I'd like to hear more about leaving society behind and the sorts of things it would entail.

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Also, why bother making an alt if you're going to be exactly the same person?
This is the only account and identity I've had on this forum, since ever.

Who exactly is it that you think I am?
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

?

Silverdane

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 03:15:50 PM »

It's too bad you are wasting a brilliant mind on small subjects, instead of helping the FET cause.

I am dissappoint.

?

Silverdane

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »

As you may have noticed, killing others within a society goes punished, which as a result makes people kill other people less.

Your lack of grasp of the basics of social philosophy doesn't mean any dispute against your "philosophy" isn't serious.

Your best argument, is using Fear to force people to kill each other less?

That isn't really a deterrant against anything. There are ways to avoid punishment for killing people in any society.

Literally any society has ways of helping criminals get away with their crimes, whoever they may have murdered. It's called bribery.

Or have you never heard of Corruption before?

Politics is a way of saying "Crime does evolve ... from Chaotic Crime to Socially Acceptable, Organised Crime, called Politics".

Partisans have been executing or sabotaging their political rivals or dissidents for the whole of known history. It's never going to end. Political people actually have the fanaticism required to kill their adversaries. As well as the motivation in form of Political Supremacy, gained by it.

And they certaintly have the funds to bribe or threaten or blackmail or kill anyone who gets in their way.

You ... don't get politics ... do you ....

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »
Oh my, I agree with Silverdane.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

That isn't really a deterrant against anything. There are ways to avoid punishment for killing people in any society.

Literally any society has ways of helping criminals get away with their crimes, whoever they may have murdered. It's called bribery.

Politics is a way of saying "Crime does evolve ... from Chaotic Crime to Socially Acceptable, Organised Crime, called Politics".

Partisans have been executing or sabotaging their political rivals or dissidents for the whole of known history. It's never going to end. Political people actually have the fanaticism required to kill their adversaries. As well as the motivation in form of Political Supremacy, gained by it.

And they certaintly have the funds to bribe or threaten or blackmail or kill anyone who gets in their way.

You're trying to use exceptions to prove a generality.

?

Demouse

• Mods don't like my haiku
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 02:05:54 AM »
I agree with you on every point except thechnology.

I have a large ammount of faith(lol) in human progress and science.

Oh Skycake.... Why are you so delicious?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 02:40:22 AM »

Damn, look at all that irrelevant!

The fact alone that people aren't on the streets killing each other is proof enough that the system is working. Some people evading the system with the power of money [citation needed] is a minor inconvenience in the big picture.

And no, the system is not based on fear. It's based on eliminating fear, so that citizens can mind their own business and pursue their dreams without fear of death or loss of their inherent or earned rights.

The only way you can live without fear is to live within a society, and the only way to maintain large societies is through political process. It's not perfect, but it's damn well better than any infantile anarchistic alternative you may have.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »
The fact alone that people aren't on the streets killing each other is proof enough that the system is working.

They are killing each other on the streets. Everyday, another Highly Evolved, Social Primate with a God-Given Sense of Self Worth, based on an inability to see the forest for the trees, proves you illogical.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:06:41 AM by Midnight »

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
The only way you can live without fear is to live within a society

This is the single largest logical deathtrap since Clear Pepsi. You clearly are part of a large, well funded, well spread out family, aren't you? You don't know any better. I forgive you. Once.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 09:04:22 AM »

Indeed? I challenge you to defend that position when next you feel the need to attempt to bait me into some sort of Internet pissing contest. You ain't good enough. Please try again.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »

It's too bad you are wasting a brilliant mind on small subjects, instead of helping the FET cause.

I am dissappoint.

Read beneath my Avatar.

I am the resident RE/FE apathetic. I flay Bishop. There is no middle ground in the march toward fewer bots. Carry on.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
The fact alone that people aren't on the streets killing each other is proof enough that the system is working.

They are killing each other on the streets. Everyday, another Highly Evolved, Social Primate with a God-Given Sense of Self Worth, based on an inability to see the forest for the trees, proves you illogical.

Everyday? Another? Wow, that sure is a lot.

In fact, those exceptions are what prove me right. Since people are killing each other regardless of established consequences, it must be in a human's inherent nature to kill others. Now, wonder what'll happen if killing had no established consequences?

The only way you can live without fear is to live within a society

This is the single largest logical deathtrap since Clear Pepsi. You clearly are part of a large, well funded, well spread out family, aren't you? You don't know any better. I forgive you. Once.

I'm not. Also, cool story bro.

Judging from how you sound like a 14-year old who just discovered punk, I'd say "you don't know any better" either.

Indeed? I challenge you to defend that position when next you feel the need to attempt to bait me into some sort of Internet pissing contest. You ain't good enough. Please try again.

Again, cool story bro.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:33:10 AM by Blanko »

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »
Politics:

Politics are the second symptom of social disease that I feel is plaguing humanity. You cannot escape it. You cannot ignore it forever. No matter who you are, and where you are, you are trapped by it, fed from it, strangled by it, and otherwise tossed aside by it. You can rail against any cause, and you will still be eaten. Alive.

What then, is the point to politicking? Why bother? If there is no permanent escape from it, for most people, what then is a mortal man or woman to do?

Simple: Leave society behind. It really is that simple. And yet, FEAR stops most from doing so. When I post on here, I am not posting on here from anywhere most of you want to be, or could be if you tried. I find that entertaining, but also sad, because I believe (lol) that many of you could unshackle yourselves, if you had the balls to do it.
Right, let me get this straight. You advocate an abandonment of society and politics, yes? If so, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the basis of society. To understand this, we must look back to the early days of modern humanity, and even animals. Humans formed groups to survive, it is surely obvious that life (particularly human life) cannot sustain itself. A basic form  of strength in unity was established. Those with leadership and strength quickly rose to the top of these groups, and tribal boundaries formed. In the parleying and conflict in these tribes are the basics of politics as we know it. Of course, back then it was politics at the sword's edge. Survival of the fittest. I would not be against a return to a more basic, human form of politics. However, by abandoning society altogether as you suggest we would be turning our back on a system that has functioned remarkably well  for millenia. In short, you're chatting crap.

I enjoyed digesting your informative post, and would like to commend you on giving me your life force.

That being said, you completely (and dare I say? yeah! - contemptuously) missed the fucking point. Entirely.

And, your claim of 'performing remarkably well for eons' is not only asinine, it is borne out of the problem of the life you obviously live. You live comfortably, I assume. You thus believe society works for mankind, because it works for you.

Logical fallacy, but not at all your fault. Many people hold the same skewed worldview because they do not know any better. Ignorance is never a wrong. Willful ignorance is a crime against humanity, and should be strangled whenever found.

In your case, I honestly think you believe what you just said, for the reason I myself just espoused, putting you squarely in the 'cannot help it' category.

There are more than several places on this planet where modern politics and religion, and social norms do not, have not, and may never, exist. The people in these places are doing just fine and dandy. Thus, your argument is null, and suicide is your only recourse.

*kissy*
Yes, it has worked well. There are many wrongs in the world, but they are due to a lack of will to fix them, not an inherently unworkable system. Human avarice is the source of our problems, the idea of politics is not in itself to blame. And to be honest, humans won't change for all the idealism in the world.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 08:10:35 AM »

The fact alone that people aren't on the streets killing each other is proof enough that the system is working. Some people evading the system with the power of money [citation needed] is a minor inconvenience in the big picture.

And no, the system is not based on fear. It's based on eliminating fear, so that citizens can mind their own business and pursue their dreams without fear of death or loss of their inherent or earned rights.

The only way you can live without fear is to live within a society, and the only way to maintain large societies is through political process. It's not perfect, but it's damn well better than any infantile anarchistic alternative you may have.

Our system isn't based on fear? Go listen to a politicians speech from the years 2001-2003 every single one mentions; terrorism, 9/11, al queida, weapons of mass destruction etc. What is the point of mentioning these things daily? How many republicans claim that mexicans are "coming and taking our jobs" or that blacks are attacking whites on every corner, or that the democrats will take away our guns? The conservative side of the government bases its rule off of religion, patriotism, and fear. Given the chance the liberal side would probably do the same.

But nope we live in a society not based on fear at all.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »
It's based on $$$$
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »

Our system isn't based on fear? Go listen to a politicians speech from the years 2001-2003 every single one mentions; terrorism, 9/11, al queida, weapons of mass destruction etc. What is the point of mentioning these things daily? How many republicans claim that mexicans are "coming and taking our jobs" or that blacks are attacking whites on every corner, or that the democrats will take away our guns? The conservative side of the government bases its rule off of religion, patriotism, and fear. Given the chance the liberal side would probably do the same.

Yeah, I'll willingly accept that the American society does know how to fuck the system up quite well.

But as you might have guessed, this is not the case in all societies. Even in your society the system aims to abolish everyday fear of being mugged, raped, murdered, and so on with the mere inclusion of criminal justice, and political scare talk is, again, just a minor inconvenience in the big picture.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »

Yeah, I'll willingly accept that the American society does know how to fuck the system up quite well.

But as you might have guessed, this is not the case in all societies. Even in your society the system aims to abolish everyday fear of being mugged, raped, murdered, and so on with the mere inclusion of criminal justice, and political scare talk is, again, just a minor inconvenience in the big picture.

Really? Abolish fear? Is that why the conservatives stress the needs for guns for self defense? Is that why fox news tries to show every mugging in every ghetto? They sell fear and every government has. Fear is what gives them a reason to exist. It happens in every country.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »

Really? Abolish fear? Is that why the conservatives stress the needs for guns for self defense? Is that why fox news tries to show every mugging in every ghetto? They sell fear and every government has. Fear is what gives them a reason to exist. It happens in every country.

If you're trying to argue that America is the least developed society on Earth, you're certainly making a good case.

Having guns for self defense is an absurd idea for most developed nations, and surely you know of the phrase "no news is good news". Reporting about crimes isn't to suggest that everything is shit and we should be afraid, but rather to show what has gone wrong. Again, the system isn't perfect, and shit happens constantly, so it's important people are told what is happening so things can be done better.

If people weren't reported on these issues, they would have no idea how safe their environment is. And that's when they should be afraid, not the other way around.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:27:54 AM by Blanko »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:30 AM »
You really believe that the government doesn't prosper off of fear? How much legislation was shoved through after the rash of terror attacks in the 2000's on both sides of the sea?

No America is not the least developed country in the world, you just assume that things no longer work the way they once did. People have not changed in thousands of years, why is our generation special?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »
The government's response to terrorism doesn't encompass our entire society.

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:14 AM »
Itt: People disagreeing to agree.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »
You really believe that the government doesn't prosper off of fear?

"The" government? Excuse me? I was under the impression that there is more than one government.

How much legislation was shoved through after the rash of terror attacks in the 2000's on both sides of the sea?

Dunno about your side, nothing happened here.

No America is not the least developed country in the world, you just assume that things no longer work the way they once did. People have not changed in thousands of years, why is our generation special?

It's not. But people have changed in thousands of years, and more precisely societies have changed. Just because America is vastly behind on the progress doesn't mean we're all in the same position as you are.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
No societies haven't really changed, the fact that you think they have is a rather large show of ignorance.

I think you need to go learn a little bit about propoganda throughout history. It's always the same and it always uses the same fear buttons.

The most hilarious part is your support of gun bans. A gun ban is simply a way to control people by feeding fear. "Let me take away your gun so you can be safer. Don't worry I'll take away everyone else's gun too" Gun control has been so popular in Europe because it limits the populace. What was the french revolution's first act? To raid an armory.

As long as you have your fear based stance on guns and refuse to accept a rights based stance I can't see you as someone worth talking to.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »

The most hilarious part is your support of gun bans. A gun ban is simply a way to control people by feeding fear. "Let me take away your gun so you can be safer. Don't worry I'll take away everyone else's gun too" Gun control has been so popular in Europe because it limits the populace. What was the french revolution's first act? To raid an armory.

As long as you have your fear based stance on guns and refuse to accept a rights based stance I can't see you as someone worth talking to.

So a government allowing weapons is evidence that governments operate off of fear, and a government banning weapons is evidence that governments operate off of fear?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »

So a government allowing weapons is evidence that governments operate off of fear, and a government banning weapons is evidence that governments operate off of fear?

No. A government using its stance on guns to illicit fear from the populace and get a particular result is using fear.

Your statement didn't really make sense.....