argument ad bacterium

• 20 Replies
argument ad bacterium
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:43:16 AM »
ever noticed how everything in science seems to be caused by bacteria? healthy drinks have "good bacteria" in them, and doctors say that illnesses and infections are due to "bacteria". we are told to clean our kitchen surfaces all the time to get rid of "harmful bacteria", when you can never even see the bacteria! the Conspiracy can easily generate the necessary funds through selling various chemicals and potions to mindless citizens, thinking they are cleaning their property of harmful bacteria.
bacteria is just a cover invented by the Conspiracy to give a naturalistic "explanation" for what is just magic. illnesses are caused by curses, and "good bacteria" are a cover for white magic.
we are told all the time that bacteria is around us all the time, but have you ever seen bacteria? scientists say that they can see bacteria through microscopes all the time, but how can you be sure that they are telling the truth? maybe they are part of the Conspiracy?

bacteria are a fallacy - a lame cover-up ploy designed by the Conspiracy to further subjugate the human population.
tf?

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:18:52 AM »
Hehehe! I laughed with mirth and merriment when I read the above post. Very funny. I wish to add to this by saying that the so-called "cells" that every living thing is made up of are not real. Humans are obviously more than just carbon and a few other elements. I mean, come on, we're alive right, so we have to be more than just that. 'Cause if earth is flat while all other planets are round, then animals and humans must be made up of something different than elements.

I also contend that since we can't see our brains, and the only brains I've seen have been in photos and videos, the only possible conclusion I can come up with is that we don't have brains.

Okay, I'm done mocking FE'ers. I'm just done. Farewell.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.

Re: argument ad bacterium
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:43:59 AM »
Quote from: "Ezkerraldean"
we are told all the time that bacteria is around us all the time, but have you ever seen bacteria? scientists say that they can see bacteria through microscopes all the time, but how can you be sure that they are telling the truth? maybe they are part of the Conspiracy?

Nice try, but it doesn't quite work, because microscopes are fairly cheap. I owned a microscope as a kid, and I've seen bacteria. In fact, anyone with a bit of skill can build their own simple microscope. But building a spaceship to prove whether the Earth is round or flat, that's a totally different thing. Apples and oranges here.

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:46:20 AM »
Well then, what about my brain theory? Can you prove to me that there is a brain? Short of first-hand experience, no, and then when you told me about it, I could just say that you were part of the conspiracy too. That they'd just brainwashed you into thinking that you'd seen a brain, because I still haven't, so obviously it doesn't exist.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.

gxfu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 07:09:19 AM »
Quote from: "Aralith"
Well then, what about my brain theory? Can you prove to me that there is a brain? Short of first-hand experience, no, and then when you told me about it, I could just say that you were part of the conspiracy too. That they'd just brainwashed you into thinking that you'd seen a brain, because I still haven't, so obviously it doesn't exist.

Your penis doesn't exist either.

OHHHHHHHH BURN
lt;/end crap>

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 08:10:22 AM »
If his penis doesn't exist then what burns when he pees?

ahahhaahah bacteria in his urethra!

On a serious note I think that this massive use of anti-bacterial agents in everything from toilet paper to kitchen soap is a disaster waiting to happen.  I can't really think of a better way to breed anti-biotic resistant bacteria.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
argument ad bacterium
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 08:20:45 AM »
While this is amusing, it really doesn't belong in GD, as it doesn't really raise any issues with FE beyond "you can claim conspiracy about anything", which does nothing to disprove a conspiracy.  So I'm moving it to the Everything Else section.

Re: argument ad bacterium
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 01:40:38 AM »
Quote from: "Copernicus_was_wrong"

Nice try, but it doesn't quite work, because microscopes are fairly cheap. I owned a microscope as a kid, and I've seen bacteria. In fact, anyone with a bit of skill can build their own simple microscope. But building a spaceship to prove whether the Earth is round or flat, that's a totally different thing. Apples and oranges here.

likewise, telescopes are cheap. you can see other planets and see they are globes (goes against FAQ)
and you only need your fucking eyes to see the curved shadow on the moon in a lunar eclipse!
tf?

?

Ubuntu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:43 AM »
Y'know.... I don't believe in brains either.

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »
Well, that explains a lot.

Brains have been found many times, and I found them myself when I dissected a frog.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

?

Ubuntu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 11:06:25 AM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
Well, that explains a lot.

You just be grateful I set up that pun just for you instead of saying "The FE theory is evidence."

you only need your fucking eyes to see the curved shadow on the moon in a lunar eclipse!

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »
Which of course has been explained

Advocatus Diaboli

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
argument ad bacterium
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 02:23:12 PM »

No it hasn't. All anyone has said is that eclipses are not caused by the Earth's shadow, but no one has ever come up with a remotely plausible alternative.
the cake is a lie

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 02:25:19 PM »
Oh magic, why aren't we using this explanation?

?

Ubuntu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"

No it hasn't. All anyone has said is that eclipses are not caused by the Earth's shadow, but no one has ever come up with a remotely plausible alternative.

They first have to explain how lunar eclipses are completely predictable, the material all satellites orbiting Earth are made of, and why Occam's razor shouldn't cut their theory to bits. :twisted:

?

Ubuntu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 02:30:28 PM »
Quote from: "WisconsinAmmo"
Oh magic, why aren't we using this explanation?

Good point. That would be the simplest solution.

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 02:38:15 AM »
so.............bacteria again.
the bacteria conspiracy and the cancer conspiracy are just as plausible as the "round-earth conspiracy". all three involve professionals lying to the general populace, and all three are falsifiable with common knowledge and technology.

Discuss.
tf?

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 10:04:37 AM »
No they are not, because cancer can be seen growing, and you can tell when something is becoming cancerous (skin cancer is what I'm refering to).  All the professionals give you the warning signs and what to look for, so they arn't hiding it.

And Bacteria, I can get a cheap microscope and look at bacteria right now, see the difference between them and normal cells with a better microscope.  I can make a culture and make someone drink it, and watch them get sick (obviously I would use a disease causing one).

Advocatus Diaboli

?

Ubuntu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »
No they are not, because cancer can be seen growing, and you can tell when something is becoming cancerous (skin cancer is what I'm refering to).  All the professionals give you the warning signs and what to look for, so they arn't hiding it.

And Bacteria, I can get a cheap microscope and look at bacteria right now, see the difference between them and normal cells with a better microscope.  I can make a culture and make someone drink it, and watch them get sick (obviously I would use a disease causing one).

You could also do experiments to prove the Earth is round...

Watch some lunar eclipses.

Go to Antarcitca for $3000.

Fly around the world.

Climb Mount Everest.

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 11:47:33 AM »
I need money for that.

Advocatus Diaboli

?

Ubuntu

argument ad bacterium
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
I need money for that.

Not for the lunar eclipses.