Sattelite TV

• 64 Replies
Sattelite TV
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
I'm sure one of you flat earthers have sattelite tv right? How do u explain that??? Obviousness FTW
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:04:49 PM by Jack »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Sattelite TV
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:41:48 AM »
I know that this is a stupid question, but have you tried reading the FAQ?  An answer to your question lies within.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:49:34 AM »
I know that this is a stupid question, but have you tried reading the FAQ?  An answer to your question lies within.

I would rather say, the "answer" within it is a lie :P

Yeah, satellites don't exist, there are stations on earth that send out the signals etc rightio.
English is not my mother tongue, please consider this when reading my posts.
Quote from: anteater7171
Why is australia excluded?
Because it is a lie propagated by the conspiracy (like gravity or sustained spaceflight).
I lived a lie

?

Horatio

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 05:57:13 AM »

The probably being, though, that the FAQ has, shockingly, a stupid answer to the question.

"Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A: Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites cannot orbit the Earth. The signals we supposedly receive from them are either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites. However, temporary space-flight is possible."

Even better than satellite TV, what about satellite phones? Those clearly work in areas where cellular phones do not.

While on the topic of satellites, here is a list of 43 satellites that I can observe going passing over my area of the globe tonight:

http://www.heavens-above.com/allsats.asp?Mag=3.5&lat=43.367&lng=-80.983&loc=Stratford&alt=359&tz=EST

These are the just the satellites that will go over tonight with a magnitude of at least 3.5, so just the brightest satellites.

How dare you have the audacity to demand my deposition. I've never even heard of you.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 06:08:07 AM »

Yeah, satellites don't exist, there are stations on earth that send out the signals etc rightio.

I said an answer, I didn't say the correct answer.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »

I said an answer, I didn't say the correct answer.
And trust us when we say you're lucky that there is even an answer written up on the question. Not writing down their various, often conflicting, conjectures is their best defense against being shown wrong.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »
why would i bother reading an FAQ filled with unanswered, unproven BS?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
Remember that there is not only the FAQ but you can also use the search function to look into your question(s).

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
do u really believe this poopy?

FUCK YOU NIGGER CHINKY FAGGOT MOTHER DOUCHER SON OF A BITCH PICE OF SHIT FROM HELL WITH A DILDO IN HIS FOUR INCH DIAMETER ASSHOLE WHOS MOM IS AS FLAT AS THE EARTH

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »
Remember that there is not only the FAQ but you can also use the search function to look into your question(s).

If you understand how satellite dishes work, you wouldn't get a signal worth a shit by pointing it into the sky under FE. There is a reason why you have to actually aim the dish to that which is transmitting the signal. Hence under FE the Dish would not be pointing up into the sky. Sorry, but dish alignment matters!  If you think I am wrong, feel free to point your satellite dish to face the horizon in any direction. So when you learn that the direction of the signal is coming from space, you might just have an epiphany.  After you are done, you can call your provider to come out a fix your alignment because you thought the earth was flat lol.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:59:19 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 11:27:48 AM »
I'm sure one of you flat earthers have sattelite tv right? How do u explain that??? Obviousness FTW
I have cable.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
do u really...etc. etc.

I am quite new, too.  Just letting you know there is also a Wiki that has been referenced to find information. Lots of resource for you.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »

...to save us from posting it here.  We're not going to give you different answers to what's in the FAQ.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:26 PM »

...to save us from posting it here.  We're not going to give you different answers to what's in the FAQ.
If only there were answers in FAQ and FEW that represented the consensus of FE. Alas, there are none.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 12:50:04 PM »

If you understand how satellite dishes work, you wouldn't get a signal worth a shit by pointing it into the sky under FE. There is a reason why you have to actually aim the dish to that which is transmitting the signal. Hence under FE the Dish would not be pointing up into the sky. Sorry, but dish alignment matters!  If you think I am wrong, feel free to point your satellite dish to face the horizon in any direction. So when you learn that the direction of the signal is coming from space, you might just have an epiphany.  After you are done, you can call your provider to come out a fix your alignment because you thought the earth was flat lol.

(While I realize that pictures are not evidence, and that this one is a bit oddly colourful,) I have seen satellite dishes not pointing upwards many times. Like this:

Are you saying these people weren't very bright and probably had no TV reception in their houses?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »

(While I realize that pictures are not evidence, and that this one is a bit oddly colourful,) I have seen satellite dishes not pointing upwards many times. Like this:

Are you saying these people weren't very bright and probably had no TV reception in their houses?
1) You're wrong. Pictures are evidence. The FAQ claiming that pictures are not proof does not stand and is different.
2) Yes, some dishes are not functional. No, your inference about the intelligence of those in such houses is unfounded.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
1) You're wrong. Pictures are evidence. The FAQ claiming that pictures are not proof does not stand and is different.
I may or may not agree with you. However, if I didn't put that in my post, someone would jump me with "OH MY GOD PICTURES ARE NOT EVIDENCE". The way I did it was simply... simpler. Then again, I didn't expect you to attack me for that. You're one of the few RE'ers who usually respond to the point instead of nitpicking on words.

2) Yes, some dishes are not functional.
Some of them, quite possibly. However, as presented by the picture, which (as we have just established) constitutes evidence for you, there exist blocks of flats in which most flats have their antennae situated like that. Why do they keep clearly useless satellite dishes?

No, your inference about the intelligence of those in such houses is unfounded.
And again, nitpicking. My "inference about the intelligence of those in such houses" is also irrelevant to the point. Feel free to cease your attempts to derail this thread.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:22:46 PM by PizzaPlanet »

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »
I may or may not agree with you. However, if I didn't put that in my post, someone would jump me with "OH MY GOD PICTURES ARE NOT EVIDENCE". The way I did it was simply... simpler. Then again, I didn't expect you to attack me for that. You're one of the few RE'ers who usually respond to the point instead of nitpicking on words.

2) Yes, some dishes are not functional.
Some of them, quite possibly. However, as presented by the picture, which (as we have just established) constitutes evidence for you, there exist blocks of flats in which most flats have their antennae situated like that. Why do they keep clearly useless satellite dishes?

No, your inference about the intelligence of those in such houses is unfounded.
And again, nitpicking. My "inference about the intelligence of those in such houses" is also irrelevant to the point. Feel free to cease your attempts to derail this thread.
Simplifying can lead to inaccuracies and in this case your simplifying did so. If you expect to make such errors here after your record, you might want to reconsider your expectations.

That the picture doesn't establish that the antennae are working. Therein lies your logic error.

As far as derailing the thread, you need to remember that you first made the implication about the residents' intelligence. Perhaps, you'd like to avoid such unfounded insults in the future.

On about the OP, realize that you can get your own antenna and test whether the statelite is at the RE predicted angle yourself. You could then test a second location. You could also test at various times. Of course, you could just trust the satellite companies.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
That the picture doesn't establish that the antennae are working. Therein lies your logic error.
So you do claim that the antennae in that picture, as well as those I claim to have seen, are not functional, right?

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »
So you do claim that the antennae in that picture, as well as those I claim to have seen, are not functional, right?
I am not making a claim. You're just not supporting yours.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_dish
A satellite dish is a dish-shaped type of parabolic antenna designed to receive microwaves from communications satellites, which transmit data transmissions or broadcasts, such as satellite television.
Except for the "satellite" part, my claim is that the dishes are most often, if not always, used for what they're designed for. This is a yes/no situation. If you claim my claim to be untrue, you also claim the opposite of my claim. So yes, you are making a claim, and yes, you are not supporting it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:59:09 PM by PizzaPlanet »

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_dish
A satellite dish is a dish-shaped type of parabolic antenna designed to receive microwaves from communications satellites, which transmit data transmissions or broadcasts, such as satellite television.
Except for the "satellite" part, my claim is that the dishes are most often, if not always, used for what they're designed for. This is a yes/no situation. If you claim my claim to be untrue, you also claim the opposite of my claim. So yes, you are making a claim, and yes, you are not supporting it.
It is not a "yes/no". You need to understand that I don't have to say the claim is false only that we don't have reason to believe it to be true. Please study the Scientific Method. It's your claim that the picture demonstrates something, so please either support your claim or withdraw.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
It is not a "yes/no".
Please present an example of something in between a fully functional satellite dish and a not fully functional satellite dish to support your claim.

You need to understand that I don't have to say the claim is false only that we don't have reason to believe it to be true.
You have no reasons to believe anything to be true if only you choose not to have any.

Please study the Scientific Method. It's your claim that the picture demonstrates something, so please either support your claim or withdraw.
My picture demonstrates satellite dishes not being aimed upwards. I support my claim by the fact that the satellite dishes in the picture are not being aimed upwards. This is in response to TheJackel's claim that RET satellite dishes are, in fact, aiming up in the sky, as opposed to FE dishes, which apparently for some reason would be aiming at the horizon, as demonstrated by this quote:

I hope that this has erased the confusion and that you understand my post now.

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
It is not a "yes/no".
Please present an example of something in between a fully functional satellite dish and a not fully functional satellite dish to support your claim.

You need to understand that I don't have to say the claim is false only that we don't have reason to believe it to be true.
You have no reasons to believe anything to be true if only you choose not to have any.

Please study the Scientific Method. It's your claim that the picture demonstrates something, so please either support your claim or withdraw.
My picture demonstrates satellite dishes not being aimed upwards. I support my claim by the fact that the satellite dishes in the picture are not being aimed upwards. This is in response to TheJackel's claim that RET satellite dishes are, in fact, aiming up in the sky, as opposed to FE dishes, which apparently for some reason would be aiming at the horizon, as demonstrated by this quote:

I hope that this has erased the confusion and that you understand my post now.
Again, your claim is that the satellite dishes in the picture refute the notion that functioning satellite dishes point to satellites. You haven't demonstrated your position. The picture is not evidence that 1) the dishes are currently functioning, and 2) are pointed below the horizon.

The third choice that you seem unwilling to learn is that we don't know and can't make a conclusion. I remind you that studying the Scientific Method will reduce the change that you will error again in a similar manner.

I will await for evidence to support your claim before I accept it.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
The picture is not evidence that 1) the dishes are currently functioning, and 2) are pointed below the horizon.
I agree. The picture is not evidence of any of those. Neither are my claim, too.

The third choice that you seem unwilling to learn is that we don't know and can't make a conclusion.
My claim is that satellite dishes are not aimed up in the sky in that picture. The evidence is the picture itself. The conclusion is clear.
Also, you're wrong. The dishes are either functional or not. Whether we know it or not doesn't change that fact.

It would seem you have to understand my claim first. The evidence has been presented as part of the claim.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 07:03:42 PM by PizzaPlanet »

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
The picture is not evidence that 1) the dishes are currently functioning, and 2) are pointed below the horizon.
I agree. The picture is not evidence of any of those. Neither are my claim, too.

The third choice that you seem unwilling to learn is that we don't know and can't make a conclusion.
My claim is that satellite dishes are not aimed up in the sky in that picture. The evidence is the picture itself. The conclusion is clear.
Also, you're wrong. The dishes are either functional or not. Whether we know it or not doesn't change that fact.

It would seem you have to understand my claim first. The evidence has been presented as part of the claim.
If your claim is indeed that in that picture at that time those dishes were not aimed at the sky, you then have failed 1) to show your premise as the picture is inconclusive and 2) to show that an aim as you claim means anything.

Regarding the third state, please study quantum mechanics, in particular http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat.

Also is mathematics, a conjecture can be proven true, falsified, yet undetermined, and indeterminable.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »
If your claim is indeed that in that picture at that time those dishes were not aimed at the sky, you then have failed 1) to show your premise as the picture is inconclusive and 2) to show that an aim as you claim means anything.
1) My premise can be seen right above the picture. It is: "I have seen satellite dishes not pointing upwards many times.". The picture was used as a visualization of the premise.
2) That is TheJackel's claim. He's the one who claims that it means something. You've actually made a very good point there, and I shall join you in the waiting for evidence.

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »
1) My premise can be seen right above the picture. It is: "I have seen satellite dishes not pointing upwards many times.". The picture was used as a visualization of the premise.
2) That is TheJackel's claim. He's the one who claims that it means something. You've actually made a very good point there, and I shall join you in the waiting for evidence.
No, it cannot. Until you provide evidence of functioning satellite dish that doesn't get a better signal when aimed at the satellite's purported location, you have shown nothing.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
No, it cannot. Until you provide evidence of functioning satellite dish that doesn't get a better signal when aimed at the satellite's purported location, you have shown nothing.
Please read what my premise was once again. I said that such satellite dishes exist. Do you deny or doubt this?

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
Please read what my premise was once again. I said that such satellite dishes exist. Do you deny or doubt this?
I say that you have not proven that such satellite dishes exist, or even provided evidence that such (functioning satellite dish that doesn't get a better signal when aimed at the satellite's purported location) dishes.