Flat Earth Map

• 100 Replies

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
Re: Flat Earth Map
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »
Hence, I  had made measurements more than once for you.
You have measured the Earth for me? Like, actually drove a car around and took measurements; all that just for me?
My, a simple flower would suffice.

Actually I have, you simply ignore it.. I've been using GPS for over 13 years, and I've been sailing for 25 years. Your problem is your inability to do this yourself. Hence, you actually expect others to provide you information to which you will just simply ignore or deny..  Seriously, why do you think I told you to get off your lazy spoon fed ass to do something interactive and educational. At this point, all you are doing is playing a game of denial while proving your unwillingness to actually do it yourself. Hence, a simple walk to your local mall would suffice.

I can play the measuring game all day PizzaPlanet and win this argument, and that is something you seem to be having a hard time coping with. My calculations will never be inconsistent in this regard ;).

And as the posts suggests, put your foot where your mouth is and actually do something constructive. A simple visit to your local Peer, or Sports shop might help you grasp why GPS is used by so many people.. It's a Hikers best friend, and a back country hunters guide because it's that damn accurate!

Google Maps, and Google World is also deadly accurate and you can even zoom on to your own street and virtually navigate them. I can put the GPS coordinates from my hand held from where I am standing right now and have it come up exactly where I am online.. There is a ton of things you can do to test the system ;).

I still love all the smiley faces and long paragraphs Jackel posts even in regards to a simple sentence. Then the colorful ways he insults people, it just gets me all giddy.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2010, 09:15:44 AM »
I still love all the smiley faces and long paragraphs Jackel posts even in regards to a simple sentence. Then the colorful ways he insults people, it just gets me all giddy.

It's almost like he's flirting.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:04 AM »
With disaster.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »
Hmmm...

It seems like there's a song in there somewhere... 

Nah.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

trig

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
Hmmm...

It seems like there's a song in there somewhere... 

Nah.
The song would start with "Get your ass off the couch, do some science don't slouch, the Earth you can measure, learn navigation not leasure".

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2010, 04:51:47 PM »
I suppose once an FE believer gets owned, all they have left is circular games and derailment. I really don't give a fuck if they find it offensive or insulting, it's constructive criticism at best.. Think of Hell's Kitchen. If you can't handle the heat kids, get out of the kitchen and stop making excuses for your own failures. ;D

When it comes down to it, FE is a mathematical fail, and always will be. What really pisses the FE people off is that they know it is a failure, and they know that they could never create a real map with any sort of accuracy to the real world. But I guess religious clinging is all they need to ignore reality :/

Thus I would label the album "7th Grade Math". 

Track 1: Circle
Track 2: Sphere
Track 3: Diameter
Track 4: Circumference
Track 5: Area
Track 6: Scale
Track 7: Mathematics 
Track 8: Time
Track 9: Speed
Track 10: Distance
Track 11: Measurement
Track 12: Calculation
Track 13: Consistency
Track 14: Accuracy
Track 15: 196 million sq miles
Track 15: NO SHIT!, It's Round.
Track 16: FE Fail

This will be the greatest album to ever be mentioned on this website ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:32:41 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »
Earth is not a sphere in RET but of course you're too busy with albulms and emotes to realize that  ;)
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
Earth is not a sphere in RET but of course you're too busy with albulms and emotes to realize that  ;)

It's not technically a perfect sphere, but it is spherical in shape (round if you like more fitting words).. But I will make sure the song makes note of that. And would this play at being technically literal magically make FE any more real? Yeah, NO!. On with your useless circular games then, it's all you've got left  ;D

You FE kids must really hate me right now, and you may as well pull down your Geography section since it can't even pass the basic math test lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:12:11 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
Ok so enough musical career nonsense (can you add an ode to Ichi track  :P)

You still haven't acknowledged that you're using incorrect FE numbers for your math.

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2010, 05:17:08 PM »
You could never give me correct FE numbers lol. Nice try though :)

When you can learn 7th grade math to understand why FE will never work, you will understand why your comment here is entirely laughable.. And since you have no data, you can't even state that I don't have the correct numbers!

Plus, I think you missed that part where you have to use the Earth's circumference as your diameter in order to maintain any sort of scale at all!. If you understood the math, you would understand why this is a joke. So don't sit there telling me I don't have the correct numbers son, you are in no position to be making that statement.

Earth is not a sphere in RET but of course you're too busy with albulms and emotes to realize that
BTW, I don't know what albulms are. Perhaps you meant albums? So much for trying to be cute about the Earth being a sphere.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:28:48 PM by TheJackel »

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »
You can't ever give me correct FE numbers lol. Nice try though :)

Just :) becuase I don't have correct :-X numbers doesn't mean you :D can use random/incorrect ones and call it proof.  ;)

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »

Just :) becuase I don't have correct :-X numbers doesn't mean you :D can use random/incorrect ones and call it proof.  ;)

Someone here has an obvious problem with understanding scale LOL. There is a reason for this, and you might just want to figure out what that is, and why.   :-*

Please take the time to review Track numbers 1 - 6
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:33:46 PM by TheJackel »

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »

Just :) becuase I don't have correct :-X numbers doesn't mean you :D can use random/incorrect ones and call it proof.  ;)
But why should we use a model that doesn't have the ability to predict how far two places are apart?

I suggest that he did the best based on the FAQ that he could. It seems that he's shown very well the basic notion of a "U. N. Logo" projection is false.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »
Why do I bother trying  ::) Once again, I'm not arguing your math.

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »

Let me put it this way so you better understand the consequences of scale here. It's not just the math, but also the distribution of mass area vs land mass area vs sea/ocean area vs the real world. So If I were to take figures lower than what is posted in the FE FAQ, Places like Alaska would shrink while you tried to compensate for mass area expansion as you get further out towards the circumference.. However with the current numbers, Alaska is actually under scale, or nearly under scale already while places like South America are massively over scale. Hence it's not just the math, but the physical impossibility to ever make FE work! You can't make it any smaller or larger as it is now without screwing it up even more than it already is.

Thus FE will never have a real map. You can spend the rest of your living days trying to create a map to actual scale and never accomplish it. It's really that simple. And if I were wrong, I would have seen it in the math alone.

So what numbers could they ever possibly give me to make FE work? The answer is none, and this is because it will NEVER WORK!

I basically killed the entire FE theory with "7th grade math". Hence, this is like circumventing Sony's multi-million dollar DRM with a simple 45 cent marker. And you people think these corps are actually smart enough to maintain a global conspiracy lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:40:55 PM by TheJackel »

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »

Let me put it this way so you better understand the consequences of scale here. It's not just the math, but also the distribution of mass area vs land mass area vs sea/ocean area vs the real world. So If I were to take figures lower than what is posted in the FE FAQ, Places like Alaska would shrink while you tried to compensate for mass area expansion as you get further out towards the circumference.. However with the current numbers, Alaska is actually under scale, or nearly under scale already while places like South America are massively over scale. Hence it's not just the math, but the physical impossibility to ever make FE work! You can't make it any smaller or larger as it is now without screwing it up even more than it already is.

Thus FE will never have a real map. You can spend the rest of your living days trying to create a map to actual scale and never accomplish it. It's really that simple. And if I were wrong, I would have seen it in the math alone.

So what numbers could they ever possibly give me to make FE work? The answer is none, and this is because it will NEVER WORK!

I basically killed the entire FE theory with "7th grade math". Hence, this is like circumventing Sony's multi-million dollar DRM with a simple 45 cent marker. And you people think these corps are actually smart enough to maintain a global conspiracy lol.

This is like poking fun at someone who makes a spelling error in a post, just because a map is made does not means all FE'rs believe in it or justify its actual proportions, its just to give the idea of an outer perspective of the world in their eyes.

Seriously, I'm all for bashing FE'rs logic but not when its nitpicking at the dumbest little details......

And I love Ichi :(.

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »

This is like poking fun at someone who makes a spelling error in a post, just because a map is made does not means all FE'rs believe in it or justify its actual proportions, its just to give the idea of an outer perspective of the world in their eyes.

Seriously, I'm all for bashing FE'rs logic but not when its nitpicking at the dumbest little details......

I wasn't poking fun at him for his spelling error, I was pointing out his hypocrisy.. Thus I wasn't nitpicking, he was. ;)  Such things are irrelevant to the discussion, and I thought we were over with playing that game a while back. And again, it doesn't matter what proportions they attempt to use, it will never work. This means their perspective is a physical impossibility according to actual scale and proportions. Sure it's wonderful to fantasize, but to believe it without even substantiating it is nothing more than faith based pseudoscience. To clarify this, if they can't even know the diameter and circumference of their supposed theory, the have no base to even suggest it's even a circle or even flat!. They have no base to support the entire sum total of their theory! Thus, this FE theory self-collapses and proves how much it's based on assumption and faith. The argument that nobody agrees on something posted in the FAQ shows exactly how weak FE is, and why it's solely reliant on circular arguments and conspiracy theories to give it magical support.

So let's cut the BS and simply say FE = WRONG!, inaccurate, inconsistent, faith based, lacks any real data, is mathematically incorrect, relies on circular arguments, relies on conspiracy theory, and can't stand up to scrutiny.

Sorry, I lack sympathy for people that mindless follow ideological constructs out of blind faith. :/ This doesn't make them bad people, but rather misinformed. Sorry for the Hell's Kitchen approach, but it keeps circular arguments to a minimum.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:13:34 PM by TheJackel »

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2010, 09:05:31 PM »

I wasn't poking fun at him for his spelling error, I was pointing out his hypocrisy.. Thus I wasn't nitpicking, he was. ;)  Such things are irrelevant to the discussion, and I thought we were over with playing that game a while back. And again, it doesn't matter what proportions they attempt to use, it will never work. This means their perspective is a physical impossibility according to actual scale and proportions. Sure it's wonderful to fantasize, but to believe it without even substantiating it is nothing more than faith based pseudoscience. To clarify this, if they can't even know the diameter and circumference of their supposed theory, the have no base to even suggest it's even a circle or even flat!. They have no base to support the entire sum total of their theory! Thus, this FE theory self-collapses and proves how much it's based on assumption and faith. The argument that nobody agrees on something posted in the FAQ shows exactly how weak FE is, and why it's solely reliant on circular arguments and conspiracy theories to give it magical support.

So let's cut the BS and simply say FE = WRONG!, inaccurate, inconsistent, faith based, lacks any real data, is mathematically incorrect, relies on circular arguments, relies on conspiracy theory, and can't stand up to scrutiny.

I wonder how many times I can type just a few sentences and for him to still have enough time to type an entire paragraph that is completely irrelevant to my point. Anyone else wanna see since this thread already got derailed pretty hard?

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
I wonder how many times I can type just a few sentences and for him to still have enough time to type an entire paragraph that is completely irrelevant to my point. Anyone else wanna see since this thread already got derailed pretty hard?

No, I understood your point, and it's irrelevant to the subject. Please try staying on topic. Do you have anything worth adding to the subject to which is worth anything?

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »

No, I understood your point, and it's irrelevant to the subject. Please try staying on topic. Do you have anything worth adding to the subject to which is worth anything?

My plan is foiled. Now see this is how a normal human being responds to a post. You respond directly the the post, without much insult. No need to go on a little temper tantrum of knowledge :D. If i were to contribute something, even though I disagree with Flat Earth I would like to see a to scale map / diagram be made so i can assess what they believe the Earth looks like. Maybe do a few comparisons, etc.

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »

My plan is foiled. Now see this is how a normal human being responds to a post. You respond directly the the post, without much insult. No need to go on a little temper tantrum of knowledge :D. If i were to contribute something, even though I disagree with Flat Earth I would like to see a to scale map / diagram be made so i can assess what they believe the Earth looks like. Maybe do a few comparisons, etc.

I would like to see one to, but I don't need to see one to know it won't work. However, it would be amusing to see them try  :D

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »

I would like to see one to, but I don't need to see one to know it won't work. However, it would be amusing to see them try  :D

Heh who knows, they might just go an surprise us. :)

?

General Disarray

• Official Member
  • Magic specialist
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
Like I said, don't ask for a map or they will ask for money.
You don't want to make an enemy of me. I'm very powerful.

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »

Well in all honesty I wouldn't really blame them unless they are really that into the conspiracy. Although I'd assume the money going to FES T-shirts would at least be put into some experimentation to help back up some of their claims. I understand a domain and server etc. costs money but you can throw a few bucks to the people trying to keep this idea alive :P

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »

Well in all honesty I wouldn't really blame them unless they are really that into the conspiracy. Although I'd assume the money going to FES T-shirts would at least be put into some experimentation to help back up some of their claims. I understand a domain and server etc. costs money but you can throw a few bucks to the people trying to keep this idea alive :P

Daniel turns very little profit from the merchandise and the money he does makes goes into upkeep of the site.

But if you'd like to donate we'll be happy to accept it!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

If they were going to post a theory as "FACT" without actually researching it to substantiate it, I have no sympathy on their money problems lol. Perhaps they should have invested money in research vs posting a website in order to make faith based claims as magical facts. :D

So maybe they need to take the server down and save some money so they can at least afford to buy a GPS they keep saying is too expensive  8)

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
My plan is foiled.

It's a trap!
   :o :o

Just to put a smile on your face,

I lol'd :D

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »

Heh who knows, they might just go an surprise us. :)

That would require Earth to suddenly have a major Earthquake to change it's entire shape according to their map ;). Hence, they need to pray for a miracle of globally epic proportions lol. But hey, Jesus said if you wished for a mountain to be tossed in the sea, it would be done ;)

?

General Disarray

• Official Member
  • Magic specialist
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »

If they were going to post a theory as "FACT" without actually researching it to substantiate it, I have no sympathy on their money problems lol. Perhaps they should have invested money in research vs posting a website in order to make faith based claims as magical facts. :D

So maybe they need to take the server down and save some money so they can at least afford to buy a GPS they keep saying is too expensive  8)

To accept that the earth is flat without even a good idea of what it truly looks like seems more like religious faith than scientific fact to me.
You don't want to make an enemy of me. I'm very powerful.