Virgin Galactic Milesone

• 50 Replies
Virgin Galactic Milesone
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »
http://www.virgingalactic.com/news/item/vss-enterprise-makes-its-first-crewed-flight/

Closer and closer to privatized space flight, or a greater perpetuation of the hoax. Did a forum search to see if anyone posted as I am more than a week late.

Discus

Re: Virgin Galactic Milesone
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »
When I saw the word virgin I thought this was gonna be a post about Tom Bishop

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
Yeah it's a Hoax right up until people start using it lol.. Try convincing and FE society member to take a space flight ;) They would probably think you were going to off them to protect the conspiracy lol..

Some people are just plain psychologically messed up :P
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:25 AM »
Uh, FE theory doesn't claim that flying really fucking high is impossible. In fact it's within fe doctrine that flying very high is done regularly.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:39:36 AM »
Yes, but at that high, you can see the shape of the earth :) win for RE

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »

A giant disk with foggy edges? The wins for RE are a very odd concept.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »

My uncle has a ticket to ride on it in 2011, we'll see then.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »

Your uncle is dropping 200k on a flight that lands in the same area it took off from?

I have officially decided that anyone in your family is too gullible to deal with.

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
Are you kidding? I'd pay that much for a good spaceflight if I had the money. (not saying Virgin has good spaceflight yet)

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
Are you kidding? I'd pay that much for a good spaceflight if I had the money. (not saying Virgin has good spaceflight yet)

200k to ride up really high in a plane? Why?

For that much money you could have 100x the fine easily.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:47 AM »
Because barely anyone has had the chance to see the entire venue of human history at once. Philosophically it'd be very pleasing and worth it to me. And I'm not talking about flying really high in a plane, I actually meant orbiting a few times.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:28:47 AM »
Because barely anyone has had the chance to see the entire venue of human history at once. Philosophically it'd be very pleasing and worth it to me. And I'm not talking about flying really high in a plane, I actually meant orbiting a few times.

Lol, you mean stare at the earth from very far away? For 200k you could travel the world actually seeing where human history was made and enjoy the locations.

It's like paying extra to have a video game really zoomed out so you could see the whole thing at once. If that is philosophically pleasing to you, then you really need to expand yourself.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »

Because you would be doing something that less than 600 people in all of history (claim to) have done.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 12:30:52 PM »

Your uncle is dropping 200k on a flight that lands in the same area it took off from?

I have officially decided that anyone in your family is too gullible to deal with.
he has about 430 million, so 200k isn't much for him...Wish our whole family was as rich as him lolz

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 12:34:42 PM »

Lol, you mean stare at the earth from very far away? For 200k you could travel the world actually seeing where human history was made and enjoy the locations.

It's like paying extra to have a video game really zoomed out so you could see the whole thing at once. If that is philosophically pleasing to you, then you really need to expand yourself.

What may not be worth it to you, may be worth it to others. Playing the personal perspective as if it magically applies to everyone is a bit of self delusional generalization. Hence, you are only speaking from a position of opinion, or a position of non-interest. I would gladly pay 200k. And you do realize that in terms of economics, once everyone is doing it, it gets cheaper! Eventually this will become common place and an irrelevant conversation. It's basically a huge untapped market, and private companies know this.

Perhaps sometime in the far off future there will be Orbital Cruise ships that take you out to the moon and back :)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:46:01 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »

Fail

You obviously haven't been in a U2 spy plane, or a Mig 29 foxbat.. Oh that's right, conspiracy theory! My bad lol.

Assumption is the mother of all fk ups, and you do a lot of assuming sir ;)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »

Because you would be doing something that less than 600 people in all of history (claim to) have done.

On the date of July, 23rd, 2010, while flipping through a book on an amazon kindle, I scratched my left ear while walking past the 3rd story restroom in my city's courthouse.

How many people have done that?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:13:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
I sure as hell haven't.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »
What we have here is, circular arguments! ;)

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »

On the date of July, 23rd, 2010, while flipping through a book on an amazon kindle, I scratched my left ear while walking past the 3rd story restroom in my city's courthouse.

There's nothing particularly favorable or special about that. You have to admit that some opportunities, like seeing as much of the earth at once as is physically possible, are truly special.

No, it's not like that at all. A video game isn't real. If you see the whole earth you ARE seeing where all of human history was made, all at once. That's the point. The orbital realm is a location to be enjoyed, too, and a grand one.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:19:41 PM by Pseudointellect »

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
We need to start a donation to get 200,000 for the most popular FE'er to go up into space...but as was said before they are probly scared somebody will off them before flight

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »

I don't know.  How many people do you let scratch your left ear?

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 07:23:12 PM »
We need to start a donation to get 200,000 for the most popular FE'er to go up into space...but as was said before they are probly scared somebody will off them before flight
Virgin Galactic doesn't provide any evidence for a round earth.

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »
Really? Have you visited their engineering center? Have you looked at their equations? Have you viewed their the plans? Or are you just sticking your fingers in your ears again and closing your eyes? What's next? Will you claim that you can't see the launch beyond 10 miles?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »
Perhaps not, but a flight to an altitude of 100km or more might.

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »

Given the fact that it flies up high enough to see it...hmm....

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 09:09:59 AM »
What strikes me particularly about the Virgin Galactic project (besides the Satanic symbology), is that it seems to demonstrate a really inconsistent attitude towards the canon of the Space Mythos. Why would globularists get excited about a space plane which just claims to be able to leave the atmolayer for a couple of minutes, when the Space Barons already claim to have flown to the [giant, absurdly distant] Moon 40 years ago? It's completely incongruent in significance within the mythology - the fact that they do in fact get very excited about it shows just how forgetful and gullible the globularist public actually are!
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
The Virgin Galactic rides essentially recreate the X-15 high altitude flights from the 1960s.  The exciting part is that private industry is making space flight available to the public.  Sure, private industry may be 50 years or so behind the government, but how long was it from the government sponsored voyages of Columbus until the first colonies were attempted in the Americas?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 10:02:02 AM »

What may not be worth it to you, may be worth it to others. Playing the personal perspective as if it magically applies to everyone is a bit of self delusional generalization. Hence, you are only speaking from a position of opinion, or a position of non-interest. I would gladly pay 200k. And you do realize that in terms of economics, once everyone is doing it, it gets cheaper! Eventually this will become common place and an irrelevant conversation. It's basically a huge untapped market, and private companies know this.

Perhaps sometime in the far off future there will be Orbital Cruise ships that take you out to the moon and back :)

Uh... everyone doing something doesn't make it cheaper, it makes it more expensive. Have you ever actually studied economics?

As for perspective, I'm just saying that instead of a 1 hour flight you could use the money for a 2 month tour of the world seeing locations all through history and enjoying everything the world has to offer.

If you'd rather just go really really high for a short period of time, take a round trip to the nearest airport and save yourself some money.

AdmiralAckbar

• Its a trap!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 11:21:51 AM »

Uh... everyone doing something doesn't make it cheaper, it makes it more expensive. Have you ever actually studied economics?

I wanna buy an apartment in NYC. there are hundreds of thousands of them, so ergo they are extremely expensive, therefore i should go buy a huge estate in California in order to get the cheapest deal right? Have YOU ever actually studied economics?