Curious

• 198 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Curious
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »
Likewise, he isn't the easiest person to always get in touch with.

« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2010, 02:20:14 AM »
@John Davis - Daniel returned yet?
Don't ignore me John - has Daniel returned yet?
I think so.  I'll ask him next time I see him on aim.

Still waiting; yawn!!!

Just woke up again. And I won't yeild easily.

I want Daniel! ..... Now please.

In the over 2 years that I've been here, I don't think that I've ever seen Daniel post in any of the debate forums.

Thanks for enlightening me markjo (^_^). That's not very serious and infact very disappointing to say the least...
When you release an object on FE, the UA suddenly doesn't
affect it anylonger and it falls to the ground. It's magic folks (^_^)

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2010, 02:22:38 AM »

I cannot take you seriously anymore. JEEEEEEZ?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

Because its hard to get in touch with Daniel? :/

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »
Because Daniel only comes online when the hoodie money runs out? :/

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
i think john davis made up daniel

How do you explain Eclipses, half moons, full moons, and things of the sort?

Sky magic. One might very well ask "what is an egg yolk?"

You can't exceed the speed of ligh

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »

Why would he do that?  ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »

Why would he do that?  ???

Why wouldn't he lol.. There is a potential get rich scheme out of promoting FE and conspiracy theories to the easily manipulated or ignorant minds. I'm sure I could start a rival Flat Earth society that claims Earth is a flat square or triangle shaped slab. All I would need is the bible, and start an FE congregation and start preaching RE conspiracies and how the Bible is the lord of truth. And if you target children, it would get a lot easier to brainwash a congregation. :P I can actually see people here with more than one user name, it would surprise me if true. :)
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2010, 07:45:04 PM »
Why wouldn't he lol.. There is a potential get rich scheme out of promoting FE and conspiracy theories to the easily manipulated or ignorant minds. I'm sure I could start a rival Flat Earth society that claims Earth is a flat square or triangle shaped slab.

You seriously need to lurk moar.  The way Daniel runs this site and his souvenir business, I think that there is little danger of him getting rich off of this site.  And John Davis has his own FES site (theflatearthsociety.net), which makes even less money than this site.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2010, 09:41:32 PM »
Why wouldn't he lol.. There is a potential get rich scheme out of promoting FE and conspiracy theories to the easily manipulated or ignorant minds. I'm sure I could start a rival Flat Earth society that claims Earth is a flat square or triangle shaped slab.

You seriously need to lurk moar.  The way Daniel runs this site and his souvenir business, I think that there is little danger of him getting rich off of this site.  And John Davis has his own FES site (theflatearthsociety.net), which makes even less money than this site.

I don't need to lurk moar because I am not assuming he does lol. All I stated was that it wouldn't surprise me. Now if you are looking to profit off FE, the site alone is not what will make the money. I'm not sure you are grasping the big picture here because it's about building a base of followers over time. Get enough people to follow an ideological construct and the money becomes the easy part. Look at the major religions in the world Markjo, and then take a moment to contemplate how much money is involved, and what kind of market there is for it. And yes, there are enough impressionable and easily manipulated minds out there to make it happen. When I step back and take a whole look at the FE society, I see religion building. Much of it is similar to the Banana Man style of phishing for ignorance to potentially profit from it. Now whether or not that happens has yet to be seen. However, it's really not hard to convert ignorance into profit if you know how to manipulate people.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:43:04 PM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »
Last I heard Daniel wasn't sure if he was even breaking even on the membership perks.

I make no money off zetecism and have no plans or aims to. 

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »

I don't need to lurk moar because I am not assuming he does lol. All I stated was that it wouldn't surprise me. Now if you are looking to profit off FE, the site alone is not what will make the money. I'm not sure you are grasping the big picture here because it's about building a base of followers over time. Get enough people to follow an ideological construct and the money becomes the easy part. Look at the major religions in the world Markjo, and then take a moment to contemplate how much money is involved, and what kind of market there is for it. And yes, there are enough impressionable and easily manipulated minds out there to make it happen. When I step back and take a whole look at the FE society, I see religion building. Much of it is similar to the Banana Man style of phishing for ignorance to potentially profit from it. Now whether or not that happens has yet to be seen. However, it's really not hard to convert ignorance into profit if you know how to manipulate people.

You have built a conspiracy theory with that quote. One that is quite preposterous, really. Maybe you have to be a Christian to understand the errors of such thinking?  This manipulation worry you have is not a reality, either.   

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »

You have built a conspiracy theory with that quote. One that is quite preposterous, really. Maybe you have to be a Christian to understand the errors of such thinking?  This manipulation worry you have is not a reality, either.   

No error in that thinking, I suggest you google various cults exctra on how this can easily be done. And yes, the purpose of the argument is equal to the context of my signature. You want a conspiracy to support FE, well I can have one to support RE lol. When you have an ideological construct clinging to faith based assertions, pseudo science, conspiracy theories ectra and then passing them off as magical facts or truths to be followed is very much reflective of religion building.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
At OP.

Yes and no.

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »

No, because I think 'its hard to get in touch with Daniel' too! The 'you' in 'I cannot take....'
is aimed at the entire FE movement - for crying out loud...

Since you, you that is John (and apparently everybody else in FE vicinity), aren't able to answer them,
these are -STILL- my questions for Daniel:

Regarding your logo:
What function does the circle around the FE have?
Do the three stars have any significant meaning?
Why is the ice rim left out?
Why is the FE tilted?

The other questions in my initial post are, as we all know,
thouroughly twisted and trolled by.....yeah, that's right - FE standard procedure!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:16:47 PM by LyingTruth »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »

No, because I think 'its hard to get in touch with Daniel' too! The 'you' in 'I cannot take....'

Since you, you that is John (and apparently everybody else in FE vicinity), aren't able to answer them,

Regarding your logo:
Why is the FE tilted?

thouroughly twisted and trolled by.....yeah, that's right - FE standard procedure!

I already explained at least one of those questions after receiving the answer from Daniel.
Apparently the stars come from this image:
I didn't do the design myself, but I gave a designer a sort of mood board for it.  One of the things on the board was this:
You may recall it because it spawned a bunch of trolling by Round Earthers on the use of a pilgrims stave.

« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »

Regarding your logo:
Why is the FE tilted?

I already explained at least one of those questions after receiving the answer from Daniel.
I didn't do the design myself, but I gave a designer a sort of mood board for it.  One of the things on the board was this:
You may recall it because it spawned a bunch of trolling by Round Earthers on the use of a pilgrims stave.

Please tell me when and where I trolled on that image? Com'on, you can do better than that!
But hey, there goes another fabolous trolling attempt by 'an into the FE game' kinda guy.
Applause applause - standing ovation. You did again...

I would however indeed, explicitly, specifically, precisely, exactly and so very very much enjoy it,
if Daniel where to show his appearence in this thread so very very soon or yesterdayish - already.
Pardon my english, I'm danish.
Thank You (FE society) in advance...

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »

Regarding your logo:
Why is the FE tilted?

Please tell me when and where I trolled on that image? Com'on, you can do better than that!
But hey, there goes another fabolous trolling attempt by 'an into the FE game' kinda guy.

I would however indeed, explicitly, specifically, precisely, exactly and so very very much enjoy it,
if Daniel where to show his appearence in this thread so very very soon or yesterdayish - already.

I never said you did troll on that image.  Please tell me where I implied or said you did.  All I stated was that one of your questions was already answered and all it resulted with is trolling.  Hopefully Daniel comes by and answers your other questions, or at least those that are not yet answered.  If I see him online I'll point him to it. 

« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »

Regarding your logo:
Why is the FE tilted?

I never said you did troll on that image.  Please tell me where I implied or said you did.  All I stated was that one of your questions was already answered and all it resulted with is trolling.  Hopefully Daniel comes by and answers your other questions, or at least those that are not yet answered.  If I see him online I'll point him to it. 

I felt targeted. My bad, sorry :-(...
If you really intend to 'point him to it' if or when you 'see him online',
I'd be more than chirpy. Thanks a lot in advance C",)