I have a question or two

• 46 Replies
I have a question or two
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
Do  you all believe in a higher power that created a flat earth as noted in the Holy Bible?  I accept the flat earth model based on science and reason rather than relgious conviction.

Re: I have a question or two
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
It's difficult to formulate my ideas of what to ask but hopefuly this will come across as a coherent, successful post.  I want to know basically 2 ideas:
1.)  To what extent to you all believe that a supreme being (i.e. G-d created the flat earth disk as opposed to a big bang cosmology of sorts)
2.)  How do you all feel about what is under the earth?  What is beneath this flat earth disk?

Thank you all sincerely for your time.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:52:26 AM »
1.)  To what extent to you all believe that a supreme being (i.e. G-d created the flat earth disk as opposed to a big bang cosmology of sorts)

So if you believe in the Big Bang, you can't believe in God?
Quote from: Username
Horentius is correct.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »

Thank you for your response.  Yes you are correct sir.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
1.)  To what extent to you all believe that a supreme being (i.e. G-d created the flat earth disk as opposed to a big bang cosmology of sorts)

Thank you for your response.  Yes you are correct sir.

Well, then I must be an exception to that rule...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:57:19 AM by Hortensius »
Quote from: Username
Horentius is correct.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 08:57:49 AM »
1.)  To what extent to you all believe that a supreme being (i.e. G-d created the flat earth disk as opposed to a big bang cosmology of sorts)

Thank you for your response.  Yes you are correct sir.

Well, then I'm an exception to that rule...

And that would also be a contradiction since one cannot believe in both G-d && the Big Bang.  I would advise you to reconsider your position.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »
Belief in the Big Bang and Theism are not mutually exclusive.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 09:02:10 AM »
Belief in the Big Bang and Theism are not mutually exclusive.

Do you believe in Theism?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »
Do you all believe in a higher power that created a flat earth as noted in the Holy Bible?

I don't. Same for the RE model as well.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
Do you all believe in a higher power that created a flat earth as noted in the Holy Bible?

Why not?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »

Why not?

I suggest this is moved to the Philosophy section as I can tell this will quickly just turn into a christian/secularist argument.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »
And to what degree do you base your justification on the rejection of G-d on?

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »

Why not?

I suggest this is moved to the Philosophy section as I can tell this will quickly just turn into a christian/secularist argument.

I agree sir, let us take this discussion elsewhere. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 09:29:49 AM »

And that would also be a contradiction since one cannot believe in both G-d && the Big Bang.  I would advise you to reconsider your position.

Are you suggesting that God, with all His omnipotence and omniscience, is incapable of creating a universe from a singularity and just let it develop on its own (with an occasional tweak here or there)?  The God that I believe in wouldn't have any problem with being able to do that at all.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »

Are you suggesting that God, with all His omnipotence and omniscience, is incapable of creating a universe from a singularity and just let it develop on its own (with an occasional tweak here or there)?  The God that I believe in wouldn't have any problem with being able to do that at all.
Or is he referring to Yahweh/Logos/Abba as literally from the bible?

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »
That is not at all what I am suggesting.  Don't misrepresent what I'm trying to say here please as I don't wish to taint the image of my L-RD  and G-d Jesus Christ.  You believe in a simple minded god if all he does is create and stand back, arms folded to watch it all play out like a dumb guy on a couch drinking beers watching a football game.  Your god is not the G-d of the Bible and please don't fool yourself into believing you're saved.

Lets get away from the G-d talk though and talk about what it means to believe in a FE.  G-d created it from dust and to dust it shall remain.  Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.  This is the key.  Whatever G-d has created he will also destroy and the flat earth is no exception.  G-d will reveal his truth to you and this is the key.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »
That is not at all what I am suggesting.  Don't misrepresent what I'm trying to say here please as I don't wish to taint the image of my L-RD  and G-d Jesus Christ.  You believe in a simple minded god if all he does is create and stand back, arms folded to watch it all play out like a dumb guy on a couch drinking beers watching a football game.  Your god is not the G-d of the Bible and please don't fool yourself into believing you're saved.

Lets get away from the G-d talk though and talk about what it means to believe in a FE.  G-d created it from dust and to dust it shall remain.  Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.  This is the key.  Whatever G-d has created he will also destroy and the flat earth is no exception.  G-d will reveal his truth to you and this is the key.

It is also of importance to note that this is a flat earth website and not a religious discussion group.  May we please get back on subject?  I would really like to know what is under the earth.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »
I have to know. Does your keyboard not have an 'o' key? Also why can't there have been a big bang and be a god? The universe had to start somehow even with a god. Either way if the Earth is flat then there there probably wasn't a big bang because the diameter of the Earth would be its largest dimension, so it probably wasn't an explosion. As to whats on the underside, I dread to think, you rarely turn somethng upside down and reveal the good side.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
I have to know. Does your keyboard not have an 'o' key? Also why can't there have been a big bang and be a god? The universe had to start somehow even with a god. Either way if the Earth is flat then there there probably wasn't a big bang because the diameter of the Earth would be its largest dimension, so it probably wasn't an explosion. As to whats on the underside, I dread to think, you rarely turn somethng upside down and reveal the good side.

Obviously sir, my keyboard has an 'o' key if you read my previous posts.  Your commentary on the underside of the earth is amusing, but lacks any content.  I would enjoy your thoughts as to what is seriously on the underside of the earth.
Thank you.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »

I love this. You specifically request to get away from the "G-d talk" then toss "G-d" into the paragraph three more times. Coherent thoughts don't come naturally to you, do they?

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
i'm pretty confident its round, so im going for the southern hemisphere

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »

If a god created the universe, then it may have been in the form of a big bang.

2.)  How do you all feel about what is under the earth?  What is beneath this flat earth disk?

I feel all squishy inside about what is under the earth. I heard that's where Santa lives.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »

I love this. You specifically request to get away from the "G-d talk" then toss "G-d" into the paragraph three more times. Coherent thoughts don't come naturally to you, do they?

I love how nobody on the FE forums is capable of giving a coherent explanation as to what is on the underside of the earth as you know it to be.  People just joke ab0ut it when clearly it is a simple premise that a-priori one must understand what is underneath the FE.  It's a simple modus tollens argument.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »

God gave man free will.  Why would He do that if He was going to manipulate our every move?  In my opinion, God created the universe as a test of character for man.  Sure, God may intervene every now and then, but for the most part He leaves us be to see if we are worthy of salvation.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Muphci

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »
Question 1: I am a Pantheist, so I don't believe in a deity per say, but it could be said, I suppose, that I "worship" the world, the universe, all of existence, and how it scientifically came to be.
Question 2: I'm an REer. Not everyone here thinks Earth is flat, silly. I don't even ever post in the upper fora.    
There is no such thing as no time for fisting.

Tusk

• Official Member
  • Guidance is internal
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 06:38:37 PM »

In the beginning there was naught but darkness. And a Thought.

And the Thought said unto itself "let their be form that may be made tangible. But at the same time disconcertingly dissimilar."

Thus was created Heaven and Earth."

And the Thought looked on and saw that it was good.

But the Thought needed belief in it's achievements because the Thought knew that without acknowledgment in it's achievement it was basically pissing into the wind of eternity.

The Thought knew that belief lends substance.

Thus it was that the Thought devised a plan to populate the "Earth" with a race of subservient, non thinking lackeys, who would not question, who would not think for themselves, and in no way would step up and question their masters on the shape of the plane in which they existed or the reason for their being there.

The Thought was in for a serious bitch slappin by the hand of The Almighty and Heavy handed Tusk.

So it was written.       
Hang on, I'll just check my personal care factor for this week : nope still don't give a fuck

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »
Under the earth is a submoon.  Other than that we cannot be sure.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
The entirety of the world is balanced on L-RD G-D JESUS' divine fingertip, such is His compassion for us, his children.

Praise be unto Him.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
It's difficult to formulate my ideas of what to ask but hopefuly this will come across as a coherent, successful post.  I want to know basically 2 ideas:

Thank you all sincerely for your time.

1. I have given myself to Jesus in every conceivable way of interpreting that statement.
2. Hell, of course.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 10:02:10 PM »

I believe God created the world.  I do not believe the big bang theory.

Quote from: CHRISTLIVES!

I should first state that I accept the assertion of Saint Gregory Nazianzus, the fourth century bishop of Constantinople, that angels uphold the earth.  I do not consider that contradictory to the following subterranean cosmology:

I believe that the earth rests upon water which includes the oceans of this world.  Any extent of ocean floor rests upon water underneath it.

Underneath this water is fire.

Underneath this fire is air.

Underneath this air is darkness.

I do not believe it is possible to know what is underneath the darkness.

This subterranean cosmology of water, fire, air, and finally darkness at the lowest level (the four elements) is derived from:

A Cosmological Tract
By Dionysios the Areopagite

This link has the text accompanied by a diagram:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/journals/jras/1917-07.htm

This Dionysios has been considered by most protestants and many secularists since the sixteenth century to be a much later writer who used Dionysios's name (hence the apellation "pseudo-Dionysios").  I believe their conclusion is baseless and mistaken.  I believe that the author of this short essay is the first century (A.D.) greek disciple of Saint Paul mentioned in chapter 17, verse 34 of the Book of Acts:

"So Paul departed from among them. Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them."

http://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-texts/new-testament/acts/17.asp

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will quote the relevant passage from the 'Cosmological Tract' which discusses the interaction of the sun's heat with the subterranean water in effecting the seasons.  In reading this, the statement of Saint John Damascus that water is cool by nature should be borne in mind:

"Again, I explain without error to those who possess understanding the variation of the lower sea.

Under the earth is the dreadful sea (containing) much water, and under the water (there is) fire, and under the fire wind, and under the wind darkness, (but) under the darkness do not ask for anything. In the hot days of summer, as soon as the sun mounts to the upper region, to the heat of this firmament, its disc is heated in the heat above, and it heats the earth like an oven of fire. Suddenly the fire under the water is quenched, the waters of the lower sea stand up and the wind of cold blows on them, the cold mounts and ascends from the interior of the earth and passes into the roots of the trees and plants and into the veins of the rocks, and the dust of the earth becomes cold, that the sun may not burn the trees, the seeds, and the plants. For if the cold did not ascend from the interior of the earth the sun would not leave anything without burning it. People, too, would not be able to walk on the earth in consequence of the heat of the fire. Because the surface of the earth from beneath is made like a sponge and its whole interior is made of canals and hollows for the flowing of the water of the streams and springs, and also for the action of the cold and the heat. In the hot days of summer, where there is no water, the animals and the birds dig into the interior of the earth and find cold soil and are relieved by it. The men, too, who are in the southem countries, that is, in the land of Kush and Sheba, dig into the sand of their land during the hot days of summer and, although naked, they are protected and relieved by the coolness.

Another season, the winter.

In the days of winter, as soon as the disc of the sun is thrown to the south to the cold, the storehouses of the wind of snow and ice and blasts and whirlwinds (are opened), and the heat of the sun is assuaged..."