Conspiracy

• 73 Replies
Conspiracy
« on: July 14, 2010, 05:24:41 AM »
So, the conspiracy managed to fool the whole world that the Earth is flat. They even go as far as creating fake space agencies and CGI images and movies (James Camerons Avatar cost 500 million dollars, so imagine how much all these zero gravity videos had to cost..) to fool us all into believing the Earth is spherical, so that they can then get money from taxpayers.

Why, why why why why did they come up with the idea to fool the people the Earth is flat. They had to be lunatics, being powerful enough to fool billions of people, they could have picked an easier approach and fool us about something else.

Here is an example: Why, instead of covering up the shape of the Earth didn't they just say, OK, the Earth is, indeed flat, but there are aliens from space invading us, and we need money to build defenses! They could get much, much more money from people then, as everyone in fear of their lives would give as much as they could.

Or, even better. Why didn't they just say they found a source of great radiation on the edges (these ice cliffs/walls as you call them) and that that radiation will somehow reach us if we don't block it off. But luckily, they got the tech to save us, but in order to maintain this device they need millions and millions. Wouldn't that be much easier?

There has to be LITERALLY millions of easier ways to fool people into something in order to make money. Your conspiracy is just.. stupid to come up with the idea of fooling people the Earth is round so they could get money for their fake space agencies. Honestly, whoever can come up with that idea, could try better and come up with a conspiracy which would actually make sense.

Discuss.

Re: Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:27:34 AM »
The two examples we're just on the top of my head while writing this post, so don't derail this thread by criticizing them. I know they are not the best examples, but they do transfer the message..

I'll come up with a few more and we can start a conspiracy of our own, what do you think?  8)

?

Lartes

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:15 AM »
I'm guessing that at this point the government needs to maintain the Round Earth conspiracy that it created, but I'm not entirely convinced that the earth is flat either way... 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:20:50 AM »
The two examples we're just on the top of my head while writing this post, so don't derail this thread by criticizing them.

You're new here, aren't you?  If you don't want your examples to be criticized, then don't hit the "Post" button.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
The two examples we're just on the top of my head while writing this post, so don't derail this thread by criticizing them.

You're new here, aren't you?  If you don't want your examples to be criticized, then don't hit the "Post" button.

I know how you would react, so I posted the second post trying to avoid that. But you allready managed to derail it with your own post. Only goes to show the skill of your trolling.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:04:01 AM »

I know how you would react, so I posted the second post trying to avoid that. But you allready managed to derail it with your own post. Only goes to show the skill of your trolling.

If you can't handle criticism, then you're on the wrong site.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=The+Conspiracy
See? You're a troll. This has (almost) nothing to do with the thread. I don't see anything revelant on that page for this threads discussion. I didn't ask for how they did it, did I? Now please, focus on what is revelant for this thread.

Why, why why why why did they come up with the idea to fool the people the Earth is flat. /.../ they could have picked an easier approach and fool us about something else.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:20:30 AM by LoGiCaL »

Raver

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 12:13:28 PM »
TB, i have more than once pointed out why that explanation fails, your link basically says the government made the conspiracy of a RE for the sake of making a conspiracy for a RE. Furthermore your one-line responses are annoying, do not add to the discussion and don't answer any questions.

Answers or GTFO
Quote from: Gen. Douchebag
Quote from: Raver
Why? You a pedo out for delicious loli?
Sure, whatever

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »
It's a common, but stupid, conspiracy that we faked the moon landing to beat Russia there. That's all your "The Conspiracy" part of the Wiki talks about. Stop posting that crap and come up with something original TB.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 02:02:14 AM »
Why, why why why why did they come up with the idea to fool the people the Earth is flat. They had to be lunatics, being powerful enough to fool billions of people, they could have picked an easier approach and fool us about something else.

The originators of the conspiracy created the concept to try to usurp the iron-tight grip of the Church.  By challenging a fundamental tenet of the Religion, people showed that the church was fallible.  From there it simply snowballed.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 02:34:37 AM »

The originators of the conspiracy created the concept to try to usurp the iron-tight grip of the Church.  By challenging a fundamental tenet of the Religion, people showed that the church was fallible.  From there it simply snowballed.
OK, good point. I assume the conspiracy started in the times of reformation then?

What about the thinkers that "proved" the world is round before that? Eratosthenes did it in 300 BC, I doubt his motives were a conspiracy plan  :-\

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

Go read an economics book.

LMAO... He needs to Learn supply and demand and then go figure out which of the two has all the power within an economic system.. I could call Christianity a conspiracy because it's a multi-billion dollar industry. They don't sell Jesus statues for Free kids..

When he can actually post an intelligent argument, he can then let us know, because right now it's like watching stupid slap himself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:21:34 AM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 02:18:27 AM »

OK, good point. I assume the conspiracy started in the times of reformation then?

What about the thinkers that "proved" the world is round before that? Eratosthenes did it in 300 BC, I doubt his motives were a conspiracy plan  :-\

People have been "proving" things from demon possessions to firmament layers for centuries.  Those in charge of the conspiracy scooped these early guessers that matched their agenda and popularized their "proofs".

Raver

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 02:36:40 AM »

People have been "proving" things from demon possessions to firmament layers for centuries.  Those in charge of the conspiracy scooped these early guessers that matched their agenda and popularized their "proofs".

Yet you still have to show what is beneficial about a FE conspiracy.
Sure, whatever

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 02:45:06 AM »
While I don't believe in it I can certainly see the gain.  If there were mining operations past the antarctic perhaps.  Just the funding would help that space agencies get.  Plus the power trip. 

Raver

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:07 AM »
While I don't believe in it I can certainly see the gain.  If there were mining operations past the antarctic perhaps.  Just the funding would help that space agencies get.  Plus the power trip. 

NASA could get massive fundings if they showed ARE or a FE, all they need is a "fake" space programm, no need to say the earth is round. So again, why bother lying about the shape of the earth.
Sure, whatever

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
The existence of the Conspiracy has nothing to do with hiding the shape of the earth. It has nothing to do with "Flat Earth". It has nothing to do with hiding resources beyond the Ice Wall. It has nothing to do with deceiving people about the true form of the earth.

The only purpose of the Conspiracy is to create the illusion of space travel for militaristic purposes. NASA was originally created to put ICBMs in orbit. Creating the illusion of space travel is critical to national security of a first-world nation, whether it is actually possible or not.

The earth is portrayed as round in NASA media because they think it is round, just like everyone else believes that the earth is round, based on cobby old Aristotelian suppositions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:43:58 AM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
The only purpose of the Conspiracy is to create the illusion of space travel for militaristic purposes.

What about civilian space flight for scientific and commercial purposes?

NASA was originally created to put ICBMs in orbit.

No.  ICBMs were around before NASA was formed.  InterContinental Ballistic Missiles don't need to orbit the earth to work.

Creating the illusion of space travel is critical to national security of a first-world nation, whether it is actually possible or not.

National security or national prestige?

The earth is portrayed as round in NASA media because they think it is round, just like everyone else believes that the earth is round, based on cobby old Aristotelian suppositions.

::)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:59:43 PM by markjo »

Raver

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
The existence of the Conspiracy has nothing to do with hiding the shape of the earth. It has nothing to do with "Flat Earth". It has nothing to do with hiding resources beyond the Ice Wall. It has nothing to do with deceiving people about the true form of the earth.

The only purpose of the Conspiracy is to create the illusion of space travel for militaristic purposes. NASA was originally created to put ICBMs in orbit. Creating the illusion of space travel is critical to national security of a first-world nation, whether it is actually possible or not.

Still doesn't explain why all NASA's data shows a RE and that all their calculations (ie reentry into earths atmosphere) are based on a RE.

Furthermore I would like to point out that your post is so full off your opinion that I am wondering why you posted it here, instead of on your blog? ???
Sure, whatever

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:54 PM »

I've never seen a civilian space vehicle achieve orbit.

No.  ICBMs were around before NASA was formed.  InterContinental Ballistic Missiles don't need to orbit the earth to work.

NASA's immediate predecessor NACA was the same government entity. A name change doesn't mean that NASA didn't put up America's first supposed satellites.

Do you think that all of the money North Korea is putting into its Nuclear Program and Space Program is for National Prestige or National Security?

North Korea knows very well that once you are a space power you are invulnerable to attack and retaliation.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:07:12 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »

http://darwinsastroworld.com/ISS.htm (other people's results are on this page.. You can look at everyone's results as some are better than others)

Buy a telescope and educate yourself.. And I take it that you never went to go see the space shuttle take off, or look at it through a telescope.Here are some instructions for you. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/events/stsight.html

NASA's immediate predecessor NACA was the same government entity. A name change doesn't mean that NASA didn't put up America's first supposed satellites.

Fail.. NACA never put up a satellite

http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/gal100/exp1.html

Do you think that all of the money North Korea is putting into its Nuclear Program and Space Program is for National Prestige or National Security?

North Korea knows very well that once you are a space power you are invulnerable to attack and retaliation.

The correct answer is Both, they are a dualistic purpose, and is irrelevant to FE, or RE debate.. Conspiracy theorize all you want Tom and it's not going to give FE magical powers of credibility, or relevance.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:04:00 AM by TheJackel »
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

?

Silverdane

• Deutschland Double Heil!! @_@//
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 08:15:35 AM »
How many RE believers have the will to actually go straight through the magnetic South Pole, and arrive on the other side of the globe? Example Africa to New Zeeland or South America to Australia .. wouldn't that prove beyond all possible doubt that the world is a happy bowling ball? Absolutely none, they are all happy to indulge themselves in mediocrity, eager to invoke empty reasoning like "there's no point in doing it" or "who cares about that" .. am I right so far?

How many FE believers have the will to find the lands beyond the outer edge of the world? Would that not prove, beyond any possible doubt that the world is planar?

Argueing is cute, but it's ultimately passive. Just like the RET which is perfectly stale, claiming nothing new or worthy, that everything is known and the same.

The FET primarily implies that the known world is tiny compared to what lies beyond it's outer edges, which are obviously wider and greater in size, thus worthy of exploration and even habitation.

How come I haven't seen any FE believers actually wanting to see what's beyond the edges of the known world, to see what the conspiracies are trying to hide from everyone here? Shouldn't that make perfect sense for the FET's path of enlightenment?

FET implies a real Pandora's Box beyond the outer edge of the human land, while RE deny the existence of such a Pandora's Box.
If FET believers know Pandora's Box is there, why should they be content with just looking it at from afar, when they have a clear advantage over the blinded RE believers?

That clear advantage is that knowing Pandora's Box is there, you can open it for yourself, whereas the RE sheeple will eat their drugged porridge fed by their governments, unable to even see Pandora's Box if they were in it's very presence.

Considering that undeniable advantage FE has over RE, doesn't every FE believer have the ability to surpass their brainwashed drone rivals, by simply accepting that a conspiracy as great as RE must hide something of monumental proportions beyond the world's limit?

FE believers have the ability to test their theories, by directly going towards the edge of human world, since there is nothing real to stop that from happening, is there?

Wouldn't a real expedition beyond the south pole do wonders not only for FET here, but also for the FE believers who follow through on their beliefs?

When I say "beliefs" I don't mean empty superstitions or colorful dreams. I mean a conviction so deadly it annihilates everything in it's path. Why bother believing in the RET or FET if everyone's content with a stalemate or passive victories? A belief is something much stronger than reality itself, it can destroy and create anything it wills, so why shouldn't FET prove it's beliefs by organizing expeditions outside the known world?

It stands to reason RET believes in untouchable places, that can never be experienced or seen directly. However FET have a much easier way of proving the tangibility of their claim.

RET requires science fiction to fly them up into Neverever land, which it never does and never will.
FET requires a simple expedition from the human land to the outer southern plain which is drastically easier to undertake for anyone of this world. Which will not only give perfect proof to any FE believer joining it, but also experience of the other side directly in defiance of RE propaganda.

What's the measure holding normal people in the confines of this tiny human farm, when they know the real unbound world lies directly outside it's known borders? If they have something of value here, would RE people group together upon their return and say "You cannot pass, Flat Earther .. you have seen the Neverever Land, thus you are not permitted to return to your former life before you left our bosom. Begone I banish thee!"

Seriously if the world is flat, FE believers can both travel beyond the world's edge to the Neverever Land, as well as return here anytime they wish, without any logical barriers, right? Just as RE will become braindead or convulse in their last seizures once they see the edge of the world, thus physically incapable of travel outside their farms, correct?

What I'm asking is if RET cannot take civilians to space, only leave them as rotting fruit on the same ground they fell unto. and FET can take any civilian outside the known flat world to the Neverland outside here .. why doesn't FET actually do this? Organize expeditions beyond the southern edge, to prove to any RE believer how mentally unstable they are? Since going to the world's edge is very close, compared to planets or other places RET promises exists?

In an unrelated thought .. what if the world were a globe, wouldn't the governments form a conspiracy trying to make everyone think the world is flat? In that instance they would gain everything by keeping civilians from going to outer space, or other planets, since they'd be stuck on the same land thinking their world is flat instead of a round planet.

So in the true conspiracy gain, if there were all so many places created by the heliocentric theory or the RET .. out there .. shouldn't there be only the FET or geocentric known, while the real heliocentric/RE truth would be kept hidden at all costs? This to ensure exploitation of those wonderous countless worlds in the heliocentric view, while the public loiters on scratching a living on the globe they thought was flat?

If everything in the heliocentric view would be real, why don't they try to push geocentrism or FET as propaganda, in order to exploit outer space freely? Only in the case that the government were perfectly moral and honest and saintly, there would be no need for mass deception or conspiracies. However since there's no civilian colonies in any of the worlds made up by RET or heliocentrism, the honesty of "the governments" has yet to be proven.

Following that logic, if governments are inherently conspiring, why don't they try to push the FET over the RET to everyone? Wouldn't they gain the chance to keep everyone on planet earth forever, locked in their own ignorance of not knowing anything about outerspace or other planets? How could they possibly let such an opportunity escape them so easily? It's ridiculous.

If the conspiracy theory holds true, then RET and heliocentrism stand to gain everything by deceiving people on a small land that there is no outer lands beyond the edge of their known worlds, only real tangible planets in outer space that will never be inhabited or even visited in anyone's life span.

Conclusion, if governments conspired against the people, they really screwed themselves over by letting the RET known to the public.
If we conveniently remove this colossal mistake of theirs, the question becomes why wouldn't they promote the FET themselves, to keep everyone from knowing about other planets? It's well within their power if they wanted to do that.

What would they stand to gain from letting everyone know they're on a basket ball, when they could have tried to deceive everyone into thinking they're on a flat world instead? They wouldn't gain absolutely nothing, it would be utterly pointless to try to enforce the truth, which would better serve them in silence .. if RET is true of course.

If RET is untrue, then conspiracy theories serve the government perfectly, since people are both unable to exploit or visit the planets, or the Neverever Land beyond the southern extremes.

The fact that governments are necesarry in the human lands, for farming and herding lives, the conspiracy ideal proves itself soundly.

In a world where humans were nomadic, or free, or barbarians, such a conspiracy theory would be ridiculous, would it not? However we are not on such a world, where people are unfarmed or unconfined, so the conspiracy theory fits this world like a glove.

Mass deception is a dream in a free nomadic or barbaric world. However the sistem reigning over humanity is one that easily enables and perfectly nurtures mass deception. Actually deception is the only thing that's to be gained from building such a governmental monster over the lives of others. The very nature of government is against normal life, and in favour of cheap lies and corruption. Therefore by the inherent nature of how this world is run today, not having a giant conspiracy brewing would mean the inutility of any organizing whatsoever. Since the world isn't falling apart, instead it already has core propaganda set in motion, which is the heliocentric and RET, mass progapaganda is the most natural lair for manipulation through lies.

Therefore the scenery of this world's organizations is useless to truth or common sense, but utterly vital for global conspiracy and mass manipulation. If there wasn't any scientific propaganda promoting RET, the conspiracy theory would be ludacris of course, since everyone would know what they believed in, or what they heard from neighbours or family or friends. Since that's not the case, mass media becomes the perfect tool for deception and conspiracy, which would be impossible or increasingly difficult in any other setting.

Conclusion? If RET were true, shouldn't everyone know about it by themselves, without there being necesarry dozens of ways to promote that ideea? Why is science or schools or massmedia bent on promoting what should already be universal truth, that no one in their right minds could deny ..

If everyone in a village knows about the village fountain in the center square, what's the point in telling everyone about it, when they should be able to find it themselves or see it directly?

In that regard RET is like a cult of foreigners coming into town telling every inhabitant that their town was built around an ancient fountain, but it's hard to realise that directly unless they try to look for it, but no one really tries it since it's known to be impossible to find. Therefore the ancient fountain easily becomes true, even if no one found it, as long as there are enough cultists to spread rumours about it to the villagers.

FET then becomes like the notion that the town was founded by the first families that built their huts there, and their descendants and later immigrants helped the town grow into the present, only this becomes false from the standpoint of the ancient fountain that no one saw or remembered. Even if no one sees the fountain itself anywhere in the town, and they just see a fountainless place, or ancient houses that the founders built, they still cling to the rumors of the ancient fountain, despite seeing for themselves where the first huts were, and the founder families living there, with their history told and so forth.

Thus the majority of the village starts to revolve around empty gossip, being manipulated by invading cultists, ignoring the tradition or history they already had for themselves. Then the cultists can come later, and say "why do you still inhabit this place, if your ancient fountain was destroyed already? if you had it now you would have the right to live here, but since you no longer have it, you have no claim over this land .. pay the tax if you wanna live on this land, or leave" .. So the cultists use manipulation to enslave the people in their lands, limiting their former rights, using cheap gossip and deception.

The same way RET has everything to gain by hiding the existance of Neverever Land beyond the southern plains from everyone here, so they can keep everyone prisoners cutting off the knowledge or belief that there are worlds outside the borders of the known world, and anyone can reach them if they simply travel there. RET cutts off the known world from the outside, by saying it's a bowling ball hung in a black pit, and no one can leave it ever.

The conspiracies and manipulation that the governments are trying to uphold using the RET can easily be mocked by the FET. Since FET proves governments are useless, and anyone can leave this world at will, without bothering with any of the troubles here since they are in fact free in a large world.

Thus RET is crucial to the survival of governments and cultists trying to corrupt this plane, admiting FET is real, would eliminate any need for control or political manipulation in the known world. RET eliminates the risk of people simply leaving the farms/countries, by saying they'll just end up in other countries on the other side of the ball. FET implies once you leave a country, you keep getting further and further from it, until it no longer has any degree of influence over you, and that lack of control is something governments fear and dread. Which is why they are desperate to enforce their heliocentric RET, to monopolize the ideea of freedom and travel, in their own pace or plans.
We shall have a magnificent orgy garden party & you're not invited

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »

Would you admit it if you did?
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-04/spacex-falcon-9-rocket-reaches-orbit-on-first-flight-update1-.html

No.  ICBMs were around before NASA was formed.  InterContinental Ballistic Missiles don't need to orbit the earth to work.

Irrelevant.  Ballistic missiles still don't need to achieve orbit in order to send a nuclear payload 1/2 way across the world.

Mexico is not a space or a nuclear power and does not seem too concerned with attack or retaliation from the rest of the space and/or nuclear powers.

Raver

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »

Failing at military and diplomacy. Furthermore I would again like to point out that you only post your opinions and try to showcase them as facts, please use a blog for such activities.
Sure, whatever

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
Would you admit it if you did?
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-04/spacex-falcon-9-rocket-reaches-orbit-on-first-flight-update1-.html

SpaceX is a government contractor. They put up birds for the pentagon.

Irrelevant.  Ballistic missiles still don't need to achieve orbit in order to send a nuclear payload 1/2 way across the world.

Actually, they do.

Hitler's V2 could only hit a target a couple hundred miles away, despite it being nearly 6 stories tall and filled to the brim with hydrogen fuel.

Mexico is not a space or a nuclear power and does not seem too concerned with attack or retaliation from the rest of the space and/or nuclear powers.

What a lot of these smaller countries do is join NATO for protection from foreign powers.

America protects Mexico, and in exchange Mexico makes the US Dollar its national reserve currency, strengthening the American economy, allowing America to become a bigger power than it is.

One of the main reasons America is the world's sole and only super power today is because many countries have made such deals.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:35:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

Raver

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
@TB
Failing at military and diplomacy. Furthermore I would again like to point out that you only post your opinions and try to showcase them as facts, please use a blog for such activities.

EDIT: Your comment about the V2 is laughable, true, it wasn't an ICBM, but that doesn't mean that one has to enter orbit to have an ICBM. That's like saying "My commercial plane can not break the sound barrier, therefor no military plane can do so either".
Why can we not have unorbitted ICBM's just because Nazi-Germany did not manage to have any? Are you trying to say that Nazi-Germany is so superior over everything and body, that if they can't do it nobody can? Please do explain yourself. (Note: a link to the FAQ or other irrelevant topics is not to be considered "explaining yourself")
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:19:43 PM by Raver »
Sure, whatever

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
*wall of blue text*

Welcome back, levee.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?