How could a flat Earth be formed?

• 43 Replies
Re: How could a flat Earth be formed?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:49 PM »

The shadow object doesn't exist.

From the FAQ:

Q: "What about Lunar Eclipses?"

A: A celestial body, known as the antimoon, passes between the sun and moon. This projects a shadow upon the moon.

This differs I infer from the antimoon associated with the second high tide on the underside, right?

So which wrong:
1)   There exists an invisible object kept aloft over the FE that causes lunar eclipses as stated in the FAQ, or
2)   Your post that there is no shadow object?

Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »
Okay, but does this mean that this 'Universal Accelerator' also accelerates all other celestial bodies? Because otherwise, wouldn't the stars appear to change location?
I understand that Daniel does not support that the UA affects everything. He mumbles quite incoherently about some photoelectric effect keeping the discs of the Sun and the Moon lifted and then suspended above the Earth. There doesn’t seem to be a consensus within the FE community, as far as my use of ‘Search’ can tell. I have to say that you, as an FEer, should really know your own theory better and the FE Community really should be focusing on what they KNOW as opposed to what they make up. Something must keep some of the things above us up and still explain falling objects, like meteors, that don’t stay up. I’ll leave the FE work to your team though, okay?

Hey now, don't group me together with the rest of these people. I'm asking questions because I'm trying to understand the insanity that they believe to be true.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 12:01:43 AM »
Why do meteors fall?
Please look up equivalence principle.
I know the EP well, thank you. But you’ve yet to explain how a celestial body, like a meteor which the UA effects falls, to Earth—but the Moon doesn’t.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:36 AM »
Okay, but does this mean that this 'Universal Accelerator' also accelerates all other celestial bodies? Because otherwise, wouldn't the stars appear to change location?
I understand that Daniel does not support that the UA affects everything. He mumbles quite incoherently about some photoelectric effect keeping the discs of the Sun and the Moon lifted and then suspended above the Earth. There doesn’t seem to be a consensus within the FE community, as far as my use of ‘Search’ can tell. I have to say that you, as an FEer, should really know your own theory better and the FE Community really should be focusing on what they KNOW as opposed to what they make up. Something must keep some of the things above us up and still explain falling objects, like meteors, that don’t stay up. I’ll leave the FE work to your team though, okay?

Hey now, don't group me together with the rest of these people. I'm asking questions because I'm trying to understand the insanity that they believe to be true.
My sincere apologies.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »

The shadow object doesn't exist.

From the FAQ:

Q: "What about Lunar Eclipses?"

A: A celestial body, known as the antimoon, passes between the sun and moon. This projects a shadow upon the moon.

This differs I infer from the antimoon associated with the second high tide on the underside, right?

So which wrong:
1)   There exists an invisible object kept aloft over the FE that causes lunar eclipses as stated in the FAQ, or
2)   Your post that there is no shadow object?

I didn't write the FAQ.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »
I understand that Daniel does not support that the UA affects everything. He mumbles quite incoherently about some photoelectric effect keeping the discs of the Sun and the Moon lifted and then suspended above the Earth.

Although Daniel owns this site, he does not actively participate in the debates.  Perhaps you are thinking of James, who does support photoelectric suspension theory.

I didn't write the FAQ.

But you do have the authority to edit the wiki.  Perhaps you should make the appropriate changes where you can.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
I understand that Daniel does not support that the UA affects everything. He mumbles quite incoherently about some photoelectric effect keeping the discs of the Sun and the Moon lifted and then suspended above the Earth.

Although Daniel owns this site, he does not actively participate in the debates.  Perhaps you are thinking of James, who does support photoelectric suspension theory.

Daniel was the first to embrace back about five years ago. TheEngineer was the first to explain to him how impossible that was since we don't glow in the dark (much). That Search function is really useful.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Daniel was the first to embrace back about five years ago. TheEngineer was the first to explain to him how impossible that was since we don't glow in the dark (much). That Search function is really useful.

I've been here for over 2 years and in that time the only person that I've seen actively support photoelectric suspension was James (who may have still been known as Dogplatter at the time).  I'm not sure if I've ever seen Daniel in any of the debate forums in my time here.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »

I've been here for over 2 years and in that time the only person that I've seen actively support photoelectric suspension was James (who may have still been known as Dogplatter at the time).  I'm not sure if I've ever seen Daniel in any of the debate forums in my time here.

Perhaps ClockTower is relying on his memory?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 11:44:20 AM »

Perhaps ClockTower is relying on his memory?

Must be, because I just did a search and the oldest references to photoelectric suspension that I could find date back to 2007.  Perhaps some of the older posts were lost when this site got hacked.   :-\

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:54 AM »

Must be, because I just did a search and the oldest references to photoelectric suspension that I could find date back to 2007.  Perhaps some of the older posts were lost when this site got hacked.   :-\

My search returned the same as yours.  Maybe ClockTower will shed some light?

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »

My search returned the same as yours.  Maybe ClockTower will shed some light?
I don't have access to the fora from before the hack beyond the time capsules available on the web. I confess that it takes some inferences to justify most of what I said here. I do though recall reading about five years ago TheEngineer's attack on the concept. I'll look to see what I can find in the time capsules the next time I go hunting for such treasure. (I have to have a patience infusion capsule before dealing with time capsule confusion.)

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »
And yet your memory was so reliable just this morning that you were able to recall about Daniel that "He mumbles quite incoherently."   

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
And yet your memory was so reliable just this morning that you were able to recall about Daniel that "He mumbles quite incoherently."   
That's a fair gig. Sorry.