How did I do it?

• 54 Replies
?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
Re: How did I do it?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
Your OP is "How did I do it?"  My argument is simply that you didn't.

Do you have any evidence for this outlandish claim?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »

Yes, he isn't listed as a Collier award winner, no mention of any Ravers.  :)

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Your OP is "How did I do it?"  My argument is simply that you didn't.

Yes, he isn't listed as a Collier award winner, no mention of any Ravers.  :)

That is a trophy issued by the "National Aeronautics Association". Ie NASA. Ie the FE Conspiracy. They will suppress any evidence that might show the earth to be round, and that includes withholding trophies.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:37:09 PM by Crustinator »

Raver

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »

Yes, he isn't listed as a Collier award winner, no mention of any Ravers.  :)

Collier Trophy is awarded to those who have made:

"the greatest achievement in aeronautics or astronautics in America, with respect to improving the performance, efficiency, and safety of air or space vehicles, the value of which has been thoroughly demonstrated by actual use during the preceding year."

I didn't do any of that with my flight. Flights around the earth without refuelling have already been made before, so sadly I don't get the trophy. In fact, I don't see any of the people who flew around the earth get the Collier Trophy for doing so.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:45:23 PM by Raver »
Quote from: Gen. Douchebag
Quote from: Raver
Why? You a pedo out for delicious loli?
Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
Try 1986.

Raver

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »
Try 1986.

I stand corrected. It however does not change the fact that I would not get the trophy as what I have done doesn't fullfill their criteria.
Sure, whatever

Lorddave

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »
Oh I see, the moment I argue the way a FE'er does I am a troll, how convenient. You still have to show me how my plane is ending up in the same place though....

It can't.
But for an FEer to admit that, they'd have to admit they were wrong, which is impossible when it comes to their "theories".
Thus they feel you're wrong.

It's like arguing religion.  They KNOW they're right so nothing you say can sway them.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
I travelled the around the world today and ended up on the same spot I started. I did not go west-east, instead I went north-south. I was in a plane fitted with two gyroscopes, the gyroscopes only ever turned on its west-east axis. After take-off the planes AI remained level and its altitude was the same throughout the journey. How did I do it?

Do you have any evidence that you actually did this?

?

xseoer

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
You must not understand how gyroscopes work, then. A perfect gyroscope would never need to adjusted, that's true.
I am interested in gyroscope.
Can you teach me?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:27:38 PM by xseoer »

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »
You must not understand how gyroscopes work, then. A perfect gyroscope would never need to adjusted, that's true.
I am interested in gyroscope.
You can teach me?
Only if you send me a free hair straightener.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 08:52:01 PM »
Oh wait, I forgot, wind will knock me of course so much that it won't even register on my gyroscopes, silly me. -.-  The point of the gyroscope is that I stay ON course and do not get blown aside or end up flying in circles around the "edge" of the world if a FE were to exsist. If a FE exsisted I would "fall off" the world since I am ploughing straight ahead. Yet I am here and made the full circle around the earth.

To the point of never landing to refuel: Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker.

As to the people shouting "Evidence!" I don't see the point of that, I just pulled off that feat, prove that it doesn't work like that :/. If you can show me, that by doing what I did I will not end up on the same spot as where I started, that is fine, but please do so instead of crying evidence....

I just teleported into the white house and back into my living room. I did it just now. Prove that I did not just do that.

My cousin is a Water Bender. Prove me wrong.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »
While I disapprove of the OP's theatrical hyperbole, I believe that it is worthy of consideration for the intent. Is it possible to pilot a plane with enough supportive electronics, including GPS, specialized compasses, gryoscopes, with a pilot skilled enough at reckoning (which way is the Sun?), and enough review of maps and topology from South Africa to New Zealand over the South Pole to convince those on board that the Earth is a sphere?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
I think the intention is the confirmation bias of the site.  Whenever an FEer claims anything, all the others crawl out of their trollish caves and pat him on the back, whereas when an RE makes a claim they do nothing but try and pick it apart.  He was arguing for RE from an FE style.

RE: "Here's a bunch of evidence for a round Earth."

FE response: "No, you're lying, it's a conspiracy!!"

---

FE: "I just looked out my window and the ground was kinda flat."

FE response: "OMG I KNEW IT UR A GENIUS SCIENTIST!!"

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
While I disapprove of the OP's theatrical hyperbole, I believe that it is worthy of consideration for the intent. Is it possible to pilot a plane with enough supportive electronics, including GPS, specialized compasses, gryoscopes, with a pilot skilled enough at reckoning (which way is the Sun?), and enough review of maps and topology from South Africa to New Zealand over the South Pole to convince those on board that the Earth is a sphere?

Of course, there is most certainly a way to determine if this is possible.  Who do you intend to invite on this trip?

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »
I think the intention is the confirmation bias of the site.  Whenever an FEer claims anything, all the others crawl out of their trollish caves and pat him on the back, whereas when an RE makes a claim they do nothing but try and pick it apart.  He was arguing for RE from an FE style.

---

Kudos on the insightful post (with double entendre).

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 10:20:34 PM »

Of course, there is most certainly a way to determine if this is possible.  Who do you intend to invite on this trip?

I'd invite any open-minded FEer. I fear though after reading some of Tom Bishop's claims (such as seeing the waterline 50 miles across the Monterey Bay) I suspect that this would not include him. Though it would be fun to hear his reasoning about the flight and its proof.

Raver

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »

---

The first person who actually understood! Page 3 is it? Good lord that took long enough.
Sure, whatever

Raver

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 11:59:13 PM »
Oh wait, I forgot, wind will knock me of course so much that it won't even register on my gyroscopes, silly me. -.-  The point of the gyroscope is that I stay ON course and do not get blown aside or end up flying in circles around the "edge" of the world if a FE were to exsist. If a FE exsisted I would "fall off" the world since I am ploughing straight ahead. Yet I am here and made the full circle around the earth.

As to the people shouting "Evidence!" I don't see the point of that, I just pulled off that feat, prove that it doesn't work like that :/. If you can show me, that by doing what I did I will not end up on the same spot as where I started, that is fine, but please do so instead of crying evidence....

I just teleported into the white house and back into my living room. I did it just now. Prove that I did not just do that.

There are no known cases of people teleporting, nor any of waterbenders. There are however known cases of people flying around the world, therefor my claim is more likely to be considered possible.
Sure, whatever

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 03:08:36 AM »

That's not the subject here.

Raver has travelled around the world non stop, and we have no reason to doubt him, unless you can provide any contradictory evidence.

OmgHAI

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 04:38:43 AM »

That's not the subject here.

Raver has travelled around the world non stop, and we have no reason to doubt him, unless you can provide any contradictory evidence.
LOL
<3 <3 <3
You ravers are not nearly as awesome as you think you are.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 10:41:41 AM »
Raver has claims to have travelled around the world non stop, and we have no reason to doubt him, unless you can provide any contradictory evidence.

Actually, we don't necessarily need to refute Raver's claim.  Since he is the one that is making the claim, he is the one that needs to support that claim with a preponderance of evidence.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
Raver has claims to have travelled around the world non stop, and we have no reason to doubt him, unless you can provide any contradictory evidence.

Actually, we don't necessarily need to refute Raver's claim.  Since he is the one that is making the claim, he is the one that needs to support that claim with a preponderance of evidence.
You might want to take your sarcasm detector into the shop for some maintenance.  8)

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »

The oddest part, though, is that a respectable number of people must have done the same thing and they all immediately join this website and start a thread.  

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »

There are no known cases of people teleporting, nor any of waterbenders. There are however known cases of people flying around the world, therefor my claim is more likely to be considered possible.

You just did a whole lot of nothing there. Congratulations. Prove that I did not just teleport.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »

No you are the one coming here with your claims that he did not do what he did. You must provide the evidence to the contrary and until such evidence is provided we must take Raver at his word.

The oddest part, though, is that a respectable number of people must have done the same thing and they all immediately join this website and start a thread.