How did I do it?

• 54 Replies

Raver

How did I do it?
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »
I travelled the around the world today and ended up on the same spot I started. I did not go west-east, instead I went north-south. I was in a plane fitted with two gyroscopes, the gyroscopes only ever turned on its west-east axis. After take-off the planes AI remained level and its altitude was the same throughout the journey. How did I do it?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:17:19 AM by Raver »
Quote from: Gen. Douchebag
Quote from: Raver
Why? You a pedo out for delicious loli?
Sure, whatever

Lorddave

Re: How did I do it?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:37:03 AM »
Anything you do on the Earth, FEers claim that you're doing it on the flat earth but don't realize it because everything that works on a round earth works on a flat earth.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Raver

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:41:51 AM »
Anything you do on the Earth, FEers claim that you're doing it on the flat earth but don't realize it because everything that works on a round earth works on a flat earth.

Exactly, a gyroscope works the same way on a RE as on a FE, however the results they provide on a RE are different than on a FE.
Sure, whatever

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
How often did you adjust the gyroscope?

From what I understand, they need fairly frequent adjustments to stay accurate.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Raver

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »

The point of a gyroscope is to not adjust it >_>. But for arguments sake I will go along with your argument. I had two gyroscopes, I only adjusted one at a time. (edited my initial post as well)
Sure, whatever

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »
You didn't do it.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

OmgHAI

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
I travelled the around the world today and ended up on the same spot I started. I did not go west-east, instead I went north-south. I was in a plane fitted with two gyroscopes, the gyroscopes only ever turned on its west-east axis. After take-off the planes AI remained level and its altitude was the same throughout the journey. How did I do it?
cool story bro

proof pleasee
<3 <3 <3
You ravers are not nearly as awesome as you think you are.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »
It's an amazing feat this guy did.  We should all applaud that he chose the perfect day when there were no winds anywhere on earth and he never had to adjust his course.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:50:19 AM »
It's an amazing feat this guy did.  We should all applaud that he chose the perfect day when there were no winds anywhere on earth and he never had to adjust his course.

What do winds have to do with anything?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:16 AM »
They move airplanes around.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »

The point of a gyroscope is to not adjust it >_>. But for arguments sake I will go along with your argument. I had two gyroscopes, I only adjusted one at a time. (edited my initial post as well)
You must not understand how gyroscopes work, then. A perfect gyroscope would never need to adjusted, that's true.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »

And apparently he never had to land to refuel either.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

OmgHAI

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »

he must be superman
<3 <3 <3

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »

he must be superman
or an astronaut
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

OmgHAI

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 12:36:52 PM »
or just a troll  :-\
<3 <3 <3

Raver

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »
Oh wait, I forgot, wind will knock me of course so much that it won't even register on my gyroscopes, silly me. -.-  The point of the gyroscope is that I stay ON course and do not get blown aside or end up flying in circles around the "edge" of the world if a FE were to exsist. If a FE exsisted I would "fall off" the world since I am ploughing straight ahead. Yet I am here and made the full circle around the earth.

To the point of never landing to refuel: Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker.

As to the people shouting "Evidence!" I don't see the point of that, I just pulled off that feat, prove that it doesn't work like that :/. If you can show me, that by doing what I did I will not end up on the same spot as where I started, that is fine, but please do so instead of crying evidence....
Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 12:55:28 PM »

Well, I do personally know one person who accomplished that particular feat although not north/south, but I don't think this is that person.

OmgHAI

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
lol you are a very persistent troll
<3 <3 <3

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 12:59:56 PM »
Oh wait, I forgot, wind will knock me of course so much that it won't even register on my gyroscopes, silly me. -.-  The point of the gyroscope is that I stay ON course and do not get blown aside or end up flying in circles around the "edge" of the world if a FE were to exsist. If a FE exsisted I would "fall off" the world since I am ploughing straight ahead. Yet I am here and made the full circle around the earth.

To the point of never landing to refuel: Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker.

As to the people shouting "Evidence!" I don't see the point of that, I just pulled off that feat, prove that it doesn't work like that :/. If you can show me, that by doing what I did I will not end up on the same spot as where I started, that is fine, but please do so instead of crying evidence....

And the precession problem?  You never had to adjust for that?

Raver

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 01:00:31 PM »
Oh I see, the moment I argue the way a FE'er does I am a troll, how convenient. You still have to show me how my plane is ending up in the same place though....

Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02:28 PM »
As you describe it, it didn't happen.

Raver

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 01:05:34 PM »
Will you elaborate on that or not? Because that is about as usefull as a RE'er saying "A FE does not exsist"
Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »
I already have.  Your gyroscopes that never have to realign aren't feasible. 

But I forgot, you're also the guy that personally laid the pacific cable, aren't you? 

Raver

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »
I never said I never realigned them :o. If you had actually read the posts that came after my first one you would have seen that I elaborated on why I took two gyroscopes. Also resorting to argumentum ad hominem...was that really neccesary? You are trying to say I am wrong, do so in a mannered fashion please.
Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »
Again, precession?

It wasn't ad hominem unless you actually did make up the whole thing, now would it?

Raver

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »
Again, precession?

It wasn't ad hominem unless you actually did make up the whole thing, now would it?

Your part about laying the paccific cable is an attempt at belitteling me, or am I misunderstanding it and are you trying to flirt with me?
Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 01:35:43 PM »
Actually, I had you confused with your colleague, Ranger 3 (?), who claimed to have laid the cable.  I assume you are calling him 'little.'

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
They move airplanes around.

And so?

Raver

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
Actually, I had you confused with your colleague, Ranger 3 (?), who claimed to have laid the cable.  I assume you are calling him 'little.'

So you seem to be someone who jumps to conclusions and shoots their mouth of before reading :/. Else you would have seen that I am not the other person of whom you speak. The fact that your opinion of a statement, is based on who said it and not on what is being said further implies that you are attacking the person, not the argument.
I also don't see why it is neccesary to call him "your colleague". Do you always resort to such infantile ways of arguing?

Simply put: You either consider me a troll, in which case I don't see why you are "feeding the troll" or you simply disagree with what I said, in which case you should try and argue properly.
Sure, whatever

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 01:50:45 PM »
Your OP is "How did I do it?"  My argument is simply that you didn't.