Forums announcements, suggestions, etc..

• 246 Replies

Daniel

• Administrator
« on: May 10, 2005, 05:21:11 PM »
I just added the ability to use avatar images (80x80 pixels max).  To get your avatar, go into 'Profile' and then scroll down to the bottom of the page.  You can choose to either upload a pic or use one from another site.

I'm also in the process of getting about 20-30 issues of the old Flat Earth Society Newsletters (from the 70's and 80's) online.  I'll let you guys know when they're ready.

If anyone has suggestions for things they'd like to see added to the forums, post in here and I'll see what I can do.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 05:39:48 PM »
Dear Forum Moderator,

My suggestion to you is that you announce the existence of this forum on internet newsgroups or internet forums for Creationists. Cynics and verbal abuse already abound on the forum and it would be wonderful to locate like-minded souls.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 01:10:40 PM »
Quote from: "Goodfriend"
Dear Forum Moderator,

My suggestion to you is that you announce the existence of this forum on internet newsgroups or internet forums for Creationists. Cynics and verbal abuse already abound on the forum and it would be wonderful to locate like-minded souls.

Any suggestions on where to promote the site?  I tried one of the big Christian forums a couple months ago but nothing really came of it.  I also posted to some alternative science groups without much luck.

?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 07:51:14 AM »
A serious announcement of the existence of this forum on the talk.origins newsgroup would be highly appreciated. The Evolution Theory has been ripped apart on that newsgroup by perceptive individuals.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 12:06:12 AM »
Perhaps there should be a sign on the poster's information box that displays whether you believe in the Flat-Earth Hypothesis or not. At least we will be able to distinguish who believes in what.
 never thought there could be more idiotic people than creationists, but after visiting this site, my belief is proven wrong.

?

ALI mack

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 04:17:36 AM »
Quote from: "Goodfriend"
Dear Forum Moderator,

If you dedicate a site with such stupid theories as flatearth. Dont aspect someone to take this shit seriously. Even not some stupid christians. The only people who believe the earth is flat, are too senile or dead to use the Internet.
So be happy that cynics and verbal abusers make your site worth looking at.
Its not the theorie why people go to this site, its the absurd stupidity that does.
So thanks cynics and verbal abusers

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 11:48:01 AM »
Quote from: "The Round-Earther"
Perhaps there should be a sign on the poster's information box that displays whether you believe in the Flat-Earth Hypothesis or not. At least we will be able to distinguish who believes in what.

I actually can do something like that, although I'm not sure if users can do it themselves.  What title would you anti-flat-earth people like?  I'm thinking those who do believe could get "Flat Earth Society" and those who don't believe could get "Skeptic".  But I'm open to suggestions..

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 07:19:43 PM »
How about just "Skeptic", "Believer" and "Undecided"? Nice and simple :D.
 never thought there could be more idiotic people than creationists, but after visiting this site, my belief is proven wrong.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 04:50:58 AM »
Quote from: "The Round-Earther"
How about just "Skeptic", "Believer" and "Undecided"? Nice and simple :D.

Sounds good.  I'll add those.  I'll probably keep "Flat Earth Society" as well, though, for when the FES begins accepting members.  Just think of it as "Believer+", I guess!

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 06:11:45 AM »
Why is there no other part of the site except the forums?
lat? Hahahahahaha.... no, Round.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 07:26:10 AM »
How about just "Skeptic", "Believer" and "Undecided"? Nice and simple

Can we add a fourth option 'Indifferent'
o on.  I'm sitting here, entertain me.

?

flat_earthers_are_stupid

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 10:44:44 AM »
How about "Retard" (Flat-Earther), "Intellectual" (Round-Earther), and "Undecided"

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 06:32:26 PM »
Hey, thats weird! I see the "Undecided" under everyone's name, but I don't seen to be able to find where to change it....
lat? Hahahahahaha.... no, Round.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 03:29:24 AM »
Quote from: "Round."
Hey, thats weird! I see the "Undecided" under everyone's name, but I don't seen to be able to find where to change it....

Drats.  That's not my conspiracy to convert the unwilling, it's just the forum software's default for some reason.  I'll switch yours (and the other people who have obviously chosen a side) to the appropriate setting.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 03:36:47 AM »
Also, I've created a new sub-forum.  I don't want to restrict anyone's freedom to post "YOU GUYS ARE MORONS I WISH YOU'D ALL GET RUN OVER BY TRACTORS", but I also don't want the main forum cluttered with that sort of thing.  So I've created a specific forum where people can angrily rant to their little hearts' content.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Again, people are more than welcome to post "I think you guys are wrong, and here's why.." in the main forum.  I just don't want loads of messages with zero content (this one, for example)

?

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 03:06:57 PM »
ooo, I'm scared. Thought you might like to know I found your site from the Fortean Times link. Bit surprised at how abusive people can be who think they know more than you

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 11:56:52 AM »
How do we change our title to "round earther" or "flat earther"?
sip eht gnikat

?

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 07:56:48 PM »
Suggestion - Fuk off and become normal you flat earth believing freaks!

?

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 10:49:47 PM »
I believe you got attention for these forums now.
Be careful what you wish for.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 11:54:16 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I believe you got attention for these forums now.
Be careful what you wish for.

Attention indeed!

It's unfortunate, but I've decided to require registration to post in all of the forums but "Angry Ranting".  We've had plenty of good posts from "Guest", but the "Guest" ratio of stupid to good is about 100:1, so it's not worth it anymore.

But the account signup process is pretty simple, so hopefully this won't drive too many people away.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
Done and done.

What you got, my silly little friend, is the attenition of an entire other forum. And we're having a field day, my good man. A field day! BHers! ATTACK!
HHHHHahahahahaha! eh hem...
-Luc

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 03:22:16 AM »
Maybe, to avoid confusion among the literal minded, the choices should be spherical earth and flat earth. But since there are so many advocates of the devil in each camp, perhaps it would serve no purpose at all.

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 04:53:57 AM »
Quote from: "S. arvensis"
Maybe, to avoid confusion among the literal minded, the choices should be spherical earth and flat earth. But since there are so many advocates of the devil in each camp, perhaps it would serve no purpose at all.

His legal fees must be astronomical.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »
no satan dosent need to pay legal fees all lawyers go to hell....

oh and your a complete tosser
m a borderline, parinoid, sociopath...and i think your all crazy

IRC
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 05:01:33 PM »
You guys should have an IRC channel. While your at it, avatars would be nice.
img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/Monsuco1/halo.gif[/img]
Respect List: Shian, Zelor_X, JediMasterX, EworMcTam, anyone from GUA or the wastelands. Woot and NINJA forever.

I am so sexy

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2005, 05:21:05 PM »
I THINK THIS SITE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AS ITS A HEAP OF SHIT.

*closed*

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 02:32:33 AM »
Quote from: "The_Earth_Is_Round"

Sadly, that criterion would get rid of most of the Internet.

May I ask why you want this site shut down?  Are you so terrified of the truth getting out?

Please don't shut the site down, for goodness sake
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2005, 12:30:48 PM »
Quote from: "aramael"
Quote from: "The_Earth_Is_Round"

Sadly, that criterion would get rid of most of the Internet.

May I ask why you want this site shut down?  Are you so terrified of the truth getting out?

Oh, I hope that this site doesn't get shut down any time soon: it's far too funny.

And what exactly is the truth? The earth is flat? So, lots of evidence for that, then? No? Oh. I see. Never mind. I didn't think it was all that serious anyway. I mean, here I am wasting my time this afternoon reading all this stuff (hilarious by the way), but nobody who believes any of this stuff has got any solid evidence to really, utterly, prove all the round-worlders are wrong. As far as I can see it, the flat people haven't even got to 'reasonable doubt' yet.

That's a shame. I was hoping for something original. Inspiring even. Oh, well.

?

Mu

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 03:23:29 PM »
Hi.

I'm not sure what else to say at this point... so... yeah...

I'll leave it at "hi".

And I'll add a "glad to be here".

?

Scorpion

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 05:32:13 PM »
I have a suggestion!

How bout you stop trying to think that the world is flat.....

I mean, it would be boring if we all had flat balls, Flatbasketball anyone?

Look at it this way.
Top of Earth --v
________________   <-- that is earth(side view)

Bottom of earth ^

So, why do sattelites take different images at different positions of the earth?

What's the underside of the earth look like? O_o