Forums announcements, suggestions, etc..

• 246 Replies
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2006, 10:28:20 PM »
To Daniel, Cheesejof, Erasmus (and any other moderators interested),

Cheesejof asked my opinion as to the creation of a new category for flat earthers within the General Discussion Category based on Chaltier's proposal.  Cheesejof, a non-flat earth moderator, is in favor of this.  Chaltier and I both think the idea is good, but we also think that only flat earthers should be able to make posts there as opposed to simply having all posts screened for anti-flat earth arguments.  He said he would go with either idea, and I askeed if he wanted to be the moderator to which I am awaiting a reply.  What do you all say to the idea in general?  And what do you say as to whether non-flat earthers can make posts there or not?  I think if only persons approved by the moderator were allowed to make posts it would make the moderator's job a lot easier.  If non-flat earther's make posts, it rather destroys the whole idea of the thing as there are arenas for interaction already and which have been cleaned up as well, yet the original principle purpose I for one as a flat earther became interested in this forum remains rather unrecognized.  I think it so for other flat earthers.  At least Chaltier had voiced the same desire without my previously having prompted or contacted him.   For the sake of "equality" you could even set up an exclusive round earth club category (though I admit that would be dumb - you would not have to worry about me visiting, or perhaps anyone else for that matter).  
I submit that the adoption of Chaltier's idea which cheesejof suggested by establishing a category for flat earthers would be a step in the right direction.  It could be called the Flat Earth Club.

Why not let us hear the moderators' opinions (as well as Chaltier's and any interested flat earthers) and then let Daniel decide?

- Dionysios

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2006, 10:49:29 PM »
I have decide the aforementioned proposal important enough to merit its own topic under General Discussion and have initiated it as a post there.  
Recommend opinions to this proposal be posted there instead.

- Dionysios

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 05:20:45 AM »
Quote from: "Knight"
Posted an accurate summary of our discussion with Dionysios

Basically he thinks his beliefs are right because they are never disproven, and they are never disproven because he never listens to anyone who disproves him.

And when someone criticises him for ignoring them, he just ignores their argument! I'm almost certain he will ignore this or come out with some wild accusations towards me.

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2006, 07:21:43 AM »
The least I can do is thank you for the separate flat earther category offer, particularly if it comes to fruition.

- Dionysios

?

sunroof_so_heavy

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2006, 12:09:22 AM »
Why is the world a big conspiracy?

Who the hell is profiting from this retarded conspiracy that the earth is flat?

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2006, 11:56:24 AM »
Quote from: "sunroof_so_heavy"

The conspiracy is that the Earth is round, not that it's flat.  Thanks for trying, though!

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "sunroof_so_heavy"

The conspiracy is that the Earth is round, not that it's flat.  Thanks for trying, though!

-Erasmus

His point remains valid even if he got it the wrong way round. In which case I will ask the correct question on his behalf.

Who the hell is profiting from this retarded conspiracy that the earth is round?

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 08:45:34 PM »
Quote from: "MiniCooper"
Who the hell is profiting from this retarded conspiracy that the earth is round?

Probably the people who are expending resources to keep it alive.

-Erasmus

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2006, 09:56:50 AM »
Sorry about the recent downtime.  We've had some bandwidth issues because of the influx of visitors earlier this month.  It's taken care of now, though, and things should be back to normal.

?

Weapon X

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2006, 04:04:58 PM »
Quote from: "flat_earthers_are_stupid"
How about "Retard" (Flat-Earther), "Intellectual" (Round-Earther), and "Undecided"

I agree with that.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2006, 05:11:22 PM »
Did you sign up just to say that?

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
I suggest that we rename "General Discussion" to "Trying to Disprove the Flat Earth by Incessantly Posting the Same Topics".

On a serious note, General Discussion is NOT General Discussion anymore.  It has become a blackhole of thought and I find myself having to point out the search button far more than I should.

It is of my opinion that the General Discussion forum be more strongly moderated so that duplicate topics would be deleted.  I'm not trying to create more work for you fellows, but Unimportant and I think that this place has lost some of the luster it had when we joined.

-Meph
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2006, 06:59:53 AM »
that's not such a good idea, I might not respect you the next morning.

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 04:51:54 PM »
how about some credible websites proving FE, scientific evidence, proven math? (Just a hint),
 Hey did you ever think that maybe we are enclosed within the ice wall and us spherical earthers are ones that live on the half globe below you and we are here just to mess with you?
n Idiot is genius to another Idiot.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument - William G. McAdoo (1863 - 1941)

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »
We have a new admin and two new mods now.  Erasmus, our new admin, has been a moderator for ages now.. and is singlehandedly responsible for nearly 10% of the total number of posts on the forums.  Impressive!

Our two new moderators are Dogplatter and 6strings, both prominent posters.  Welcome aboard, gentlemen.

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2006, 11:06:34 PM »
Quote from: "Daniel"
We have a new admin and two new mods now.  Erasmus, our new admin, has been a moderator for ages now.. and is singlehandedly responsible for nearly 10% of the total number of posts on the forums.  Impressive!

Our two new moderators are Dogplatter and 6strings, both prominent posters.  Welcome aboard, gentlemen.

I don't know if the software will allow it but how about something like a hundred word essay as part of the registration process to discourage spam. Because good god this forum get a lot of it!
 belive this site to be a hoax. But belief is irrelevant in science so the debate goes on.

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »
forum suggestion: Mods: please god, just get on and fix this.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2006, 08:29:54 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Muffkin"
forum suggestion: Mods: please god, just get on and fix this.

Sorry about that. I think I got it all now.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2006, 10:26:30 AM »
Quote from: "Round."
Why is there no other part of the site except the forums?

That's a very good question.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
Quote from: "Round."
Why is there no other part of the site except the forums?

That's a very good question.

It's being worked on.  I'm in the process of building the 'main' part of the site now.  When it officially launches, it will feature the Flat Earth Society library as well as a formal system for joining the Society.  And the forums will remain, of course!

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »
Hey how about updating the FAQ?

It wouls also be nice to have a escription of the formation of flat earth.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2006, 04:11:41 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
Hey how about updating the FAQ?

The FAQ is updated on a regular basis.

It wouls also be nice to have a escription of the formation of flat earth.

To my knowledge, no such description exists.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2006, 04:57:55 PM »
the cake is a lie

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2006, 07:42:04 AM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"
Dogplatter's Flat-Earth origins theory:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3568&highlight=flat+earth+origin

This is only my own personal hypothesis based on observation and logic, it doesn't represent FE theory as a whole, which has no standardised explanation for the origins of the universe.

Unfortunately, a lot of FEers disagreed with it, and it's only about the creation of the universe, it does not adress the formation of flat earth in any way.

So again, this should be in the FAQ.

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2006, 01:27:01 PM »
Hello?

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »
Ooh I didn't even know this thread existed.

Amaiih!

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2007, 10:05:18 AM »
I submit that there should be a quiz based on the FAQ as part of the registration process.  Not only would it cut down on spam, but it would ensure everyone new has actually read it.  

(Though we would still have the problem of the current members not having read it...)

Could this realistically be implemented on phpBB?

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »
EvilToothpaste, all this time I thought that was a dog rolled up in your avatar. Now I see it's just a black circle. :?

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »
it's actually Venus transiting the Sun.  The image is good indication that Venus has an atmosphere (because of the bright refracted arc on the top of the planets profile).  Source

A dog, though?  I don't know if I see that.  Silly women.    :D

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2007, 11:04:08 PM »
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9252

That needs to go into all the intelligent peoples sigs.