My Part

• 26 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
My Part
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »
I have realized today that my behavior of late has been a bit too jaded and a bit too hostile.  Specifically from returning from .net and onwards.  I suppose that sudden shift made the degradation of the forums hit the breaking point for me and I ended up being what I hated about where this site was going.  Realizing this in itself has changed my view and I will attempt to do my part to make these forums better than they are and I urge all of you to do the same and reopen myself to discussion.  We'll see how it goes.  I need to do better for the Society.

I really am not interested in discussing this, but I will leave the topic unlocked unless it needs moderation.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:03:26 PM by John Davis »
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
Re: My Part
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »
This post is a bit too aggressive in nature. Please tone it down.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »
>.>

<.<

parsec

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »
I suppose that sudden shift made the degradation of the forums hit the breaking point for me and I ended up being what I hated about where this site was going.

I urge all of you to do the same and reopen myself to discussion.

What do these sentences mean?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »
I suppose that sudden shift made the degradation of the forums hit the breaking point for me and I ended up being what I hated about where this site was going.

I urge all of you to do the same and reopen myself to discussion.

What do these sentences mean?
Apologies, I've been up several days working on a social networking site.

The forums are constantly getting worse.  This brought out the worse in me, and for that I apologize and am going to attempt to be less jaded.  It would be nice if others followed suit and worked to make this site better.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:56:32 AM »
So all the bawwing against you really wasn't us just imagining things after all?

::)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:08:05 AM »
So all the bawwing against you really wasn't us just imagining things after all?

No, it was on your part.  You act insane and believe in insane things.  You, when active, were a perfect example of what was wrong with the forums and your moderation has helped lead the site to where it is now.  

Also, I still 100% defend any moderation decisions I have made.  What I am referring to is my lack of will to bother with posts concerning certain things and my general tone.  It should be noted my tone never reached the point yours did or even measurably close to it and I did not moderate horribly like you.

Now, excuse me, Highlord James has put forth an order to systematically eliminate all round earthers and I have to report progress.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:13:56 AM by John Davis »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
ALL HAIL HIGHLORD JAMES.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:26 AM »
I miss raist.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
@ John
Everybody deserves and needs some R&R.  :)

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »
Thanks for letting us know you care, John Davis.  :)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »
Also, I still 100% defend any moderation decisions I have made.  What I am referring to is my lack of will to bother with posts concerning certain things and my general tone.  It should be noted my tone never reached the point yours did or even measurably close to it and I did not moderate horribly like you.

I know you were replying to Hara, and I don't actually know exactly what you guys are referring to, but I think that defending your moderator actions 100% and refusing to sort of see things from the regular users perspective is (or could be) a bit of a problem.  I don't think you are a bad mod at all, I've always thought you were pretty cool about things.  I don't always agree with you, and I never will, but that's how people are.

Also, I don't know what's going on with you that you'd think the forum is getting worse. Since Wilmore was made admin, and certain mods are no longer mods, things have been pretty smooth around here.  I'm sure the angry noobs are the same as they ever were, but most of us who've been around for awhile have accepted the new way.

I wish you still went by Username!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
I believe in John Davis.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »

I really am not interested in discussing this, but I will leave the topic unlocked unless it needs moderation.

Hey, Wilmore! Look, unlocked topic! Wilmore!!! Over here, quick!
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 02:51:08 PM »

No, it was on your part.  You act insane and believe in insane things.  You, when active, were a perfect example of what was wrong with the forums and your moderation has helped lead the site to where it is now.

I wasn't the only one who spoke out against something you've done. In fact, I was banned by you for speaking up legitimately once. But you'll go any deny it most likely regardless of your supposed "change". As for acting insane and believing insane things, please point out where. I don't think you can. Unless you mean globularism, then sure. But your statement is rather vague and could use some actual facts to validate.

When I was active, it kept this place active. It's boring now. In all reality though, that doesn't bother me as I have plenty of other things to keep myself occupied instead of a troll forum.

Toodles.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:50 PM »

I wasn't the only one who spoke out against something you've done. In fact, I was banned by you for speaking up legitimately once. But you'll go any deny it most likely regardless of your supposed "change". As for acting insane and believing insane things, please point out where. I don't think you can. Unless you mean globularism, then sure. But your statement is rather vague and could use some actual facts to validate.

When I was active, it kept this place active. It's boring now. In all reality though, that doesn't bother me as I have plenty of other things to keep myself occupied instead of a troll forum.

Toodles.

BAWWWWWWWWW

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »
In fact, I was banned by you for speaking up legitimately once.

LOL IRONY

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 05:40:47 PM »
Quote fail?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
Hara is a penguin and made some astoundingly bad moderator decisions, but he did do some good for this site. Now please, for the love of all that is pretty and BAWWWW filled, can we move on?

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
Hara is a penguin and made some astoundingly bad moderator decisions, but he did do some good for this site. Now please, for the love of all that is pretty and BAWWWW filled, can we move on?

No.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »
I agree.

parsec

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »
I apologize for replying with a seemingly unrelated comment, but I wanted to remind everyone that Benjamin Franklin is in fact Kingman.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 11:16:46 PM »
I apologize for replying with a seemingly unrelated comment,
No problem
but I wanted to remind everyone that Benjamin Franklin is in fact Kingman.
Erm whats the issue with that?  Am I missing something?

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
I apologize for replying with a seemingly unrelated comment, but I wanted to remind everyone that Benjamin Franklin is in fact Kingman.
Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 09:37:17 AM »
Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten.

You are terrible. Just terrible.