Another Bible discussion

• 14 Replies
Another Bible discussion
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »
The God of the Bible created all ..... FOOLS.
You look at some retarded man made thing and you KNOW someone made it.
You look at incredible design in nature and proclaim "it made itself".
Damned idiots/

"The fool has said in his heart: "no God"." Psalms.

God calls you fools, who put their faith not in His Christ.
Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and UNBELEIVING [in Me], and the abominable, and murderers, and sexually deviated, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. 

Tea.

Re: Another Bible discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:23:19 AM »

Yeah, like man-made medicine, transport, shelter and the internet - also made by humans - that you're using to spread your hateful message.

I'm guessing you're not genuine ;D And it's Psalm 14:1, off the top of my head. You got the quote wrong anyway though, not that it matters.
I don't believe in Homeopathy, Hydroplates, Faith-healing, Acupuncture, Astrology,  ghosts, witchcraft, Intelligent Design, Cellular Cosmogony, Geocentrism, Phrenology, Sťances, Dianetics or God.

I'm on this forum because friends say I'm narrow-minded.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »
Branching from this thread: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=39208.20;topicseen

You look at incredible design in nature and proclaim "it made itself".
Damned idiots/

"The fool has said in his heart: "no God"." Psalms.

God calls you fools, who put their faith not in His Christ.
Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and UNBELEIVING [in Me], and the abominable, and murderers, and sexually deviated, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.  

I do not believe the universe made itself.  Indeed I believe there is a perfect designer behind it, and that I call God.  But it did not happen as it is written in the Bible.  

Do not insult that which is made by man, as it is made through man, by God.  

Also, could it not be that God's will is to have a book made that gives us false answers, so that we may learn to trust our own heart and faith rather than a writing of doctrine?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:39:05 AM by Nolhekh »

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:29:42 AM »
look you tattooed pierced unregenerated moron, design points to designer.

And leave my bible out of this - you don't trust it is true anyways. Umm, go google "hell" bc you are going there anyways ..... no time for fools. take off, hoser.

My Lord and Savior says ....Luk 12:5  But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast iento hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. "

duh

Tea.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »
I don't have tattoos or piercings, though I have a vague idea for a tattoo. I don't see any evidence for design either. Look up Harlequin-type Ichthyosis! Then tell me about your precious fucking "design".

The actual quote of Psalm 14:1 is "The fool hath said in his heart: there is no God"

The reason I don't trust in "your" Bible is a lack of evidence and appauling moral examples.

Duh.
I don't believe in Homeopathy, Hydroplates, Faith-healing, Acupuncture, Astrology,  ghosts, witchcraft, Intelligent Design, Cellular Cosmogony, Geocentrism, Phrenology, Sťances, Dianetics or God.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »
Laws632, you must differentiate between proximate and ultimate causation. We are not concerned right now with whether or not something was designed, but HOW it was designed. In a sense, "how did God make the earth?" rather than "did he?" They are two different questions.

Tea.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
Hm, would you call yourself a Deist then? That'd make sense and I can comprehend Deism, if you're saying physical laws etc are perfectly designed but as for life? No appearance/need of "design" there.

As Dara O'Briain put it: "If there is a God, why do we still occasionally bite the insides of our own mouths?"

Anyway, ignore that. What makes you think there's a Designer?

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
Hm, would you call yourself a Deist then? That'd make sense and I can comprehend Deism, if you're saying physical laws etc are perfectly designed but as for life? No appearance/need of "design" there.

As Dara O'Briain put it: "If there is a God, why do we still occasionally bite the insides of our own mouths?"

Anyway, ignore that. What makes you think there's a Designer?

The biting of our own mouths is the result of a perfect system of cause and effect, which is designed by God.

Also we cannot assume that our humanly definitions of perfection match that of God's

Tea.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »
I asked why you believe there is a Designer - that's the main bit of my post really.

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »
I asked why you believe there is a Designer - that's the main bit of my post really.

It's a tricky subject as I don't really have the vocabulary to describe what it is I believe.  I'm not sure designer was the best choice of wording.

It's impossible for me to believe that the sole reason for the universe to exist is for it to eventually die.

The universe brought forth intelligent creatures, such as us, capable of studying and understanding it.  In a way, we're a means for the universe to become sentient.

In my mind, The Universe is an entity which exists, from God's point of view outside time and space, both for an eternity and an instant, and its existence is the product of something best described as a "thought" made by god.  We are produced from God's, for lack of a better term, imagination.  Since the universe is a perfect system of cause and effect, God must be a perfect entity capable of infinite thought, governing the behaviour of all things from photons, to galaxies, to the entire universe as a whole.

Tea.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »
Do you feel as if, if something has to end, it de-values it? I just ate a strawberry. I knew it would end but it was still AWESOME.

I like what you say about humans being a way to understand their own Universe. Makes me think of Carl Sagan: "The cosmos is also within is; we are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself"

I can't understand why the Universe needs a God though, even if we can't explain certain phenomena. As science explains more and more, there are less places for gods to hide. But God isn't an explanation that simplifies the problem: it complicates things. You then have to answer the baffling complexity of an entity that controls every particle, all the time. God in itself needs an explanation and you get into an infinite regress.

So I understand your position but I think you can't infer Design, you need to demonstrate it :)

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 01:29:47 AM »
An infinite regress exists even if you don't postulate an initial sentient mover at the start of it, or, should I say, especially if you don't postulate an initial sentient mover at the start of it.

Tea.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 02:14:10 AM »
Yeah, I don't mean infinite regress, do I?  :-[

Can't think of the right term. But basically a "prime mover" isn't exempt from an explanation.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 02:26:21 AM »
look you tattooed pierced unregenerated moron, design points to designer.
This is a warning to discontinue this kind of posting and review the site rules.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »
What is exempt from an explanation, then?