FUBAR

• 10 Replies

Trekky0623

• Official Member
FUBAR
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »

The oil is reaching the beaches now. Shit's about to hit the fan in the public media.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: FUBAR
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
Charlie Crist has hired a hot shit lawyer to help Floridians sue BP.  I wouldn't be surprised if BP ends up filing bankruptcy to get out of its responsibilities. 

BP has really handled all this wrong from the start. They deserve to lose every penny they have.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:51:20 PM »
Charlie Crist has hired a hot shit lawyer to help Floridians sue BP.  I wouldn't be surprised if BP ends up filing bankruptcy to get out of its responsibilities. 

BP has really handled all this wrong from the start. They deserve to lose every penny they have.

Yeah, but the execs will still get bonuses and severns packages before they file bankrupcy, then BP's assets will be sold off to the highest bidder, and the same execs will get new jobs at other corporations.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »

Yeah, but the execs will still get bonuses and severns packages before they file bankrupcy, then BP's assets will be sold off to the highest bidder, and the same execs will get new jobs at other corporations.

Why so pessimistic?  A criminal investigation has already been opened by the DOJ, and early negative public opinions from the public about the government's handling of this has probably made them desperate for scapegoats.  It's not like the Enron executives just managed to walk away, and that was under Bush.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
It's hard not to be pessimistic when the pelicans are covered in oil!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »
Has this affected any otters yet?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
No, but I heard it's really fucking up the walruses!

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »
Well, of course I'm hardly optimistic about the environmental effect.  I'm just saying that it's silly to automatically assume that the BP executives are just going to skate over it.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »
:( As long as it doesn't fuck with the manatees.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

parsec

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
I'm just saying that it's silly to automatically assume that the BP executives are just going to skate over it.

I agree, that sounds dangerous. You'd think it would clog up the props on the boats.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.