Introduction. Hullo :)

• 29 Replies

Tea.

Introduction. Hullo :)
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »
Everything you need to know is in my signature.

I also really, really love tea.

I've been lurking these forums for a little while and yes I have the FAQs - but thank you for asking. I'm sure I'll find common ground with some of the genuine flat-earthers as the area where I live is very flat.
I don't believe in Homeopathy, Hydroplates, Faith-healing, Acupuncture, Astrology,  ghosts, witchcraft, Intelligent Design, Cellular Cosmogony, Geocentrism, Phrenology, Sťances, Dianetics or God.

I'm on this forum because friends say I'm narrow-minded.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Introduction. Hullo :)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »
HI TEA!

I'm drinking a cup of you right now.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
are you black or white?
an vir

Tea.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »
You're a good person, Gaydafi.

are you black or white?
White. You? Nice guitar, are you any good?

Hm, I have no idea where to start in this place.
I don't believe in Homeopathy, Hydroplates, Faith-healing, Acupuncture, Astrology,  ghosts, witchcraft, Intelligent Design, Cellular Cosmogony, Geocentrism, Phrenology, Sťances, Dianetics or God.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »

I've been lurking these forums for a little while and yes I have the FAQs - but thank you for asking. I'm sure I'll find common ground with some of the genuine flat-earthers as the area where I live is very flat.

We would like to politely ask you to return our FAQ, once you have done so you are more than welcome to join our forum for discussion. Also, could I interest you in an audit? I know what your signature says, but I would like to convince you otherwise.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »
Hello Tea, there are a good few tea fans on here, myself included.

Try this site for all things tea and biscuits

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »
are you black or white?
White. You? Nice guitar, are you any good?
too bad, i like me a good black tea. i'm quite good at the guitar, i was once in the chili peppers believe it or not.
an vir

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
SEMPER PLAYS THE GUITAR LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING RIOT!
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Tea.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 11:10:46 AM »
Aaaa, replies.

Raist: I was joking with the comment about where I live being flat if that's what made you think I'm a stupid. However, I'll have another look. And I'd love to be proven wrong, but talk about Homeopathy and I shall scream xD

spanner34.5: That's an excellent website, I'm already signed up! Also, my great uncle has the world's largest collection of adjustable spanners. I thought that'd interest you.

Semper: I thought you were asking about ethnicity haha! I also prefer black tea. I'm a big fan of RHCP :D and I also like to think I'm good at guitar.

(Edit to add to Raist's message)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:19:25 AM by Tea. »

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »
i sharted once.  :(

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:51 AM »
Why do people always feel compelled to make introduction threads? I just don't get it.  :(

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »
My favourite kind of tea is Assam.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »
My favourite kind of tea is Chai.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
Why do people always feel compelled to make introduction threads? I just don't get it.  :(

Because a majority of them want to get a feel for the members and how they will act, and some are just trollin.

Hello Tea. I haven't had any of you in a while. Would you please reintroduce yourself to my household in a nice tasty form?

you cant see moutains because you have no eyes
DON'T EVER LEAVE, VONGEO, MOTHERFUH-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »
You don't believe in astrology?

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
My favourite kind of tea is Assam.

No wonder the conspiracy are after you.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »
Aaaa, replies.

Raist: I was joking with the comment about where I live being flat if that's what made you think I'm a stupid. However, I'll have another look. And I'd love to be proven wrong, but talk about Homeopathy and I shall scream xD

spanner34.5: That's an excellent website, I'm already signed up! Also, my great uncle has the world's largest collection of adjustable spanners. I thought that'd interest you.

Semper: I thought you were asking about ethnicity haha! I also prefer black tea. I'm a big fan of RHCP :D and I also like to think I'm good at guitar.

(Edit to add to Raist's message)

I didn't think you were stupid :( I just wanted our faq back.

Also, homeopathy is a vile lie concocted by the pharmaceutical industry so that they could sell an item even less expensive to produce than medicine at costs comparable to actual medicine. The untreated sicknesses then will lead to serious illnesses that must be treated by even more expensive drugs.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »

DRINK A TEA EVERYDAY PLEASE!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
I like rooibos tea the best, but most teas are very nice.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

parsec

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
i sharted once.  :(

I've just sharted.

parsec

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »

And if you did some research, you would have found that 'chai' is actually the word for 'tea' in many languages. Therefore, saying chai tea in your local coffeehouse is like saying tea tea or chai chai.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 03:10:54 AM »
I like rooibos tea the best, but most teas are very nice.

I don't like rooibos, it tastes weird.

I'm looking forward to trying the Lapsang Souchong that I brought back from en-ger-land
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11:28 AM »

And if you did some research, you would have found that 'chai' is actually the word for 'tea' in many languages. Therefore, saying chai tea in your local coffeehouse is like saying tea tea or chai chai.

Oh, ok, I'll research the word 'chai' on a complete whim. I research every single word I say. However, in Britain (and I assume America), the word 'chai' refers to tea and spices.

On another note, the word 'tea' means 'to be white or clear' in Maori. So saying 'tea' in your local coffeehouse is like spouting complete gibberish, if you randomly translate some words into a language that you're not speaking in.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 07:09:16 AM »

This is why when we borrow a word from another language you have to use our definition instead of theirs in common usage. We could play this game all day with false cognates and words that simply are used in ways other than they were intended in another country.

Protip: Language is a tool and we use it in any way that's effective.

Tea.

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 08:00:48 AM »
Chai is also one of my faves.

I'm gonna leave this thread alone now but thank you all for the welcomes.

parsec

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 08:35:31 AM »

Oh, ok, I'll research the word 'chai' on a complete whim. I research every single word I say. However, in Britain (and I assume America), the word 'chai' refers to tea and spices.

On another note, the word 'tea' means 'to be white or clear' in Maori. So saying 'tea' in your local coffeehouse is like spouting complete gibberish, if you randomly translate some words into a language that you're not speaking in.
Notice that the word 'tea' would have a completely different meaning in Maori, whereas you use the word 'chai' in a specific relation to th e object it refers to in other language, namely tea.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »
Still 'Chai' in English isn't 'Chai' in any other language.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »

Notice that the word 'tea' would have a completely different meaning in Maori, whereas you use the word 'chai' in a specific relation to th e object it refers to in other language, namely tea.

No. Chai refers to a specific type of tea in America, and simply refers to tea over there. This sort of thing is rather common. A likely explanation being they only have one kind of tea, so they called it chai. Someone traded with them and asked what this different type of tea is called and they responded "chai" meaning tea.

Language is not always logical in its adaptations, but it is usually useful. What would you recommend we change the name of "chai tea" to?

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »
HI TEA!

I'm drinking a cup of you right now.
You sick man

evening tea
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
i prefer latte.