Racism/Intolerance on the forums

• 91 Replies

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
Racism/Intolerance on the forums
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
Recently I have seen a lot of racism on this forum. Not just in random musings. The racism is making a mockery of this forum. In addition it has come to my attention that none of the mods care to remove a heretical picture of the honorable Muslim prophet Muhammad. This forum needs to clean up.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Racism/Intolerance on the forums
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:10:09 PM »
In addition it has come to my attention that none of the mods care to remove a heretical picture of the honorable Muslim prophet Muhammad.

Quote from: http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/pictures.html
Numerous passages in the Qur’an prohibit idolatry, and worshipping statues or pictures, but there is not even single verse in the Qur’an that explicitly or implicitly says not to have any pictures of Muhammad.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Catchpa

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:32:06 PM »
I haven't ever seen racism on this forum. You know, in your opening posts, it's always a good idea to give examples.
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:21:46 AM »
Racist posting is strictly moderated across all forums, please use the Report Tool to alert us to particular cases, or otherwise post them here.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »
Nice troll thread, Johannes. ::)  Also, I'll say the same thing I said in a different thread: Not obeying a rule set forth by a particular religion is not racism, it is simply asserting the fact that people not of that religion don't have to follow those rules.  Drawing a picture of Mohammed is no more racist to Muslims than eating pork is racist to Jews.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
Recently I have seen a lot of racism on this forum. Not just in random musings. The racism is making a mockery of this forum. In addition it has come to my attention that none of the mods care to remove a heretical picture of the honorable Muslim prophet Muhammad. This forum needs to clean up.

Sorry, islam is not a race, it is a religion, and stupid ideas not based on fact (ie not drawing a certain dead person) hold no bearing on these forums.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »

Sorry, islam is not a race, it is a religion, and stupid ideas not based on fact (ie not drawing a certain dead person) hold no bearing on these forums.
Raist, you in particular need to become less racist.

Here is a racist post by you recently:
You have changed your OS that many times and in that many ways and you have no regrets in your life? If I spend more than 15 minutes solving a computer program or updating something I feel that part of my life has been wasted.

You and parsifal will get along well.

No problems caused my modifications.
You obviously don't know enough about GNU/Linux to have valid opinions of it.

"Debian Unstable" is basically the beta version of the next Debian release. "Linux-libre 2.6.32" is a relatively new release of the Fully Free Linux kernel. "1000Hz tick and full preemption" are settings, I use them when I edit music as they allow real-time audio playback. And "GNOME 2.30.0" is simply the latest release. No modifications except for in the kernel, and they were simply a matter of clicking a check-box and hitting compile.

If you think what I said above is at all complicated, I'd suggest you go back to school.

Also, upgrading takes 3 seconds, with two clicks for me. Then I just wait for things to download and install.

I was responding to the last sentence. Thank you for the elitist comments confirming that you have no life outside of the free community.

Also, the free jewmunity is full of fail and aids.

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
Making fun of ones belief is not classified as racism.

If I say bad things about flat earthers, does that make me racist?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
There is a report function, Johannes.  You should use that if you want to complain about a specific person.  Also, not to bitch and moan about previous mod decisions, but I remember that I was banned for quoting someone else who made a racist statement.  If Raist should be banned for that, then you should be too.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »

You have changed your OS that many times and in that many ways and you have no regrets in your life? If I spend more than 15 minutes solving a computer program or updating something I feel that part of my life has been wasted.

"Debian Unstable" is basically the beta version of the next Debian release. "Linux-libre 2.6.32" is a relatively new release of the Fully Free Linux kernel. "1000Hz tick and full preemption" are settings, I use them when I edit music as they allow real-time audio playback. And "GNOME 2.30.0" is simply the latest release. No modifications except for in the kernel, and they were simply a matter of clicking a check-box and hitting compile.

If you think what I said above is at all complicated, I'd suggest you go back to school.

Also, upgrading takes 3 seconds, with two clicks for me. Then I just wait for things to download and install.

I was responding to the last sentence. Thank you for the elitist comments confirming that you have no life outside of the free community.

The free community is not a race. I fail to see the connection.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 02:33:15 AM »

I imagine he was referring to the Jewish race.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 06:20:25 AM »
Jews is not a race.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »
Jews is not a race.
Well, the Supreme Court disagrees.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 08:09:02 AM »
Jews is not a race.

I blame it on them letting Louis Brandeis in.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

Yes. Which brings up the question - why is Raist allowed to make a post implying that Jews are cheap and the free software movement, therefore consists of "Jews".

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

Yes. Which brings up the question - why is Raist allowed to make a post implying that Jews are cheap and the free software movement, therefore consists of "Jews".
I thought jews were a religion?

Race implies that breeding with other "races" would lower the fitness of their offspring, since no such thing occurs it is extremely ignorant of you to refer to them as a "race."

Please keep your white supremacist propaganda off of our proud forums.

As an explanation, the jewish RELIGION makes many notable references on saving money, lending practices, etc. It is a very reasonable thing to assume that this religion is overly concerned with money.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:16:03 PM by Raist »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »

Race implies that breeding with other "races" would lower the fitness of their offspring, since no such thing occurs it is extremely ignorant of you to refer to them as a "race."

As an explanation, the jewish RELIGION makes many notable references on saving money, lending practices, etc. It is a very reasonable thing to assume that this religion is overly concerned with money.
I don't think its white supremecist at all to call the Jewish people a race, despite the negative connotation brought on by the events leading to and within WWII.

If one were to claim that they were a lesser race, that is a different story.  

He is not the one who talked poorly of an entire group of people, whether a race or a religion.  You can't turn this around on him.

That said, why don't we all just agree to stay away from murky areas like this.  Its best to simply avoid the appearance of evil.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »
Jews is not a race.

I blame it on them letting Louis Brandeis in.
lol.  You're pretty hilarious.

John Davis is right, but I would like to say in Raist's defense that in the past he has criticized myself for posting that the jewish holocaust has been exaggerated and commercialized.  His motivation for denouncing my posts was obviously a desire to defend the honour of jews who suffered - a fact which should be borne in mind by anyone thinking of accusing him of anti-jewish racism.  They can accuse me first for I am far more guilty of this than he could ever hope to be.

Once when in the military, I went from the Submarine base in Olympic peninsula to a bookstore at the Seattle farmers' market called 'Left Bank Books.'  I remember overhearing a conversation between three "punk" girls talking about a friend's political views.  One of them remarked that she was anti-zionist, and another asked "you mean anti-zionist - not anti-jewish, right?"  Other than the fact that these ladies were so much more intelligent than the airheads back on the base, I am inclined to think that Raist's (and the general consensus of this forum's) opinion towards jews resembled what these girls referred to as anti-zionist rather than anti-jewish which would be racism.

An example of the latter can be found in more than a few posts at www.stormfront.org which contrasts starkly from the consensus of this forum.  I once remember posting on that forum that a tiny but infulential minority of zionist jews in Germany who were allied with Nazism constituted the jewish problem in Germany in Hitler's era, and the vast majority of German jews were decent people whom the Nazis were wrong to deport.  Several users on that website disagreed and argued against me that every jew merely because they were jewish should have been deported.  Now, that is what I call a racist opinion. 

In my opinion, this forum has many faults, but racism is not one of them.  I remember once a few one-sided rather merciless anti-muslim posts by certain users back in 2006 when israel was bombing Lebanon, but they have always been more than matched on this website by objective minded people who demonstrated the prejudice of such views. 

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 01:53:01 PM »
I am inclined to think that Raist's (and the general consensus of this forum's) opinion towards jews resembled what these girls referred to as anti-zionist rather than anti-jewish which would be racism.

Hmm.  I'm more inclined to think that Raist is neither anti-Zionist nor anti-Jewish, but pro-lulz, and this is just another stupid troll thread from Johannes designed to stir up trouble.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
There is a difference between racism and stereotyping, as well. Whether or not this is a troll thread (which it is), that is my stance on the matter.

Saying that all Jews are rich, or all black people love chicken and watermelon, or all Asians are rice loving ninjas with tiny penises, is stereotyping. Saying that members of these and other groups deserve death (or whatever else) simply due to their ethnic background is racism. Though both can be offensive, only one is actually against the rules.

Raist broke no rules, and neither has anyone else in any threads I've seen recently.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »

I don't think its white supremecist at all to call the Jewish people a race, despite the negative connotation brought on by the events leading to and within WWII.

If one were to claim that they were a lesser race, that is a different story.  

He is not the one who talked poorly of an entire group of people, whether a race or a religion.  You can't turn this around on him.

That said, why don't we all just agree to stay away from murky areas like this.  Its best to simply avoid the appearance of evil.

I'm sorry, but to group humans into races at all is a completely ignorant idea. Please give me an empirical way to show what race someone is. At most a "race" is a vague group based on a slightly different frequency of phenotypes.

The idea of race at all is simply an excuse for bigotry. I also hold my right to ridicule any religion in any way that is appropriate to forum rules including their financial advice.

I am rather sick of my statements being taken as racist by people whose minds misinterpret what I say.

Also, I wasn't turning this around on him. Thank you for trying to make it look like I was attacking him when I was simply pointing out he was viewing a non racist statement in a racist context.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I'm more inclined to think that Raist is neither anti-Zionist nor anti-Jewish, but pro-lulz

Stupid Question: What is lulz?

this is just another stupid troll thread from Johannes designed to stir up trouble.

Perhaps you are right.  I am not so familiar with Johannes and do not desire to cast the first proverbial stone, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you obviously spend more time on this website than I and are more familiar with all the various idiots and their intricacies.  I don't know how you constant regulars manage to put up with it all.  ???

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm more inclined to think that Raist is neither anti-Zionist nor anti-Jewish, but pro-lulz

Stupid Question: What is lulz?

this is just another stupid troll thread from Johannes designed to stir up trouble.

Perhaps you are right.  I am not so familiar with Johannes and do not desire to cast the first proverbial stone, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you obviously spend more time on this website than I and are more familiar with all the various idiots and their intricacies.  I don't know how you constant regulars manage to put up with it all.  ???

What he meant by lulz is an internet meme meaning comedy generated by causing disruption either in real life or on a forum. It can be anything from fishing for a response to ruining someone's life. He is correct that my comment towards the free community was completely in jest, I simply feel the need to defend the statement I made as if it was serious, because johanas decided to treat my statement as a serious comment on the jewish "race."

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Raist
The idea of race at all is simply an excuse for bigotry.

It does appear to be a modern western idea.  Once, I encountered two monks from Syria while visiting Saint Paul Monastery on Mount Athos.  While talking, I first ascertained that they were of the same faith.  Afterwards, I asked if they were greeks from Syria, and they said they themselves were Syrian.  
Confirming this, I said "You are of the Syrian race?"  
When I said this, one of them lifted a finger in objection and said 'Syrian nationality.  We do not say "the race."'

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »
It really is an odd concept. Everyone is from the same place if you go back far enough, I really don't think a group of people living in the same place for a few hundred/thousand years makes them a "race." How long would my family have to be in the united states before it is our race?

Questions like that are what first made me doubt the concept, and pretty much all research I have done on the subject has verified the pointlessness of it.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »
I am inclined to think that Raist's (and the general consensus of this forum's) opinion towards jews resembled what these girls referred to as anti-zionist rather than anti-jewish which would be racism.

Hmm.  I'm more inclined to think that Raist is neither anti-Zionist nor anti-Jewish, but pro-lulz, and this is just another stupid troll thread from Johannes designed to stir up trouble.
Saddam, you think everything I do is "troll". Why don't you spend some time being positive and not criticizing people for trying to bring about positive change.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »

Saddam, you think everything I do is "troll". Why don't you spend some time being positive and not criticizing people for trying to bring about positive change.

No, I don't think that everything you do is trolling.  I think that everything you do in this sub-forum is trolling.  First you suggest that CN be removed to "get rid of the trolls" when you know damn well that 95% of the site mostly hangs out there.  Then you say that this forum needs to enforce Islamic law, and now you're targeting Raist for doing something that the entire site has been doing for years.  And now I'm feeding you. :-\

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »
It really is an odd concept. Everyone is from the same place if you go back far enough, I really don't think a group of people living in the same place for a few hundred/thousand years makes them a "race." How long would my family have to be in the united states before it is our race?

Questions like that are what first made me doubt the concept, and pretty much all research I have done on the subject has verified the pointlessness of it.

You are obviously not the racist you were made out to be, and it is an idiotic concept.  I got angry for the same reason.  I told a greek monk once that my family's history came from England.  He insisted that whether that is true or not that "at this point" I was an american.  This infuriated me, and I retorted that Greece was under Turkish dominion long before america existed, so that reasoning makes him a Turk.  At this, he gave up and said "Hey, hey, take it easy.  Forget the whole thing."

Does he reckon that my grandfather could "get by" as British, but for me it is too late?  What a lie!  This biggot wants to have his heritage and look down upon me while I am presumably cut off from my own.  This is the essence of the I am better than you garbage.  Hardly anything motivates me more than the determination to fight such needless and vain bigotry.
 >:( Man, I'm still angry about that!  >:(

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »

No, I don't think that everything you do is trolling.  I think that everything you do in this sub-forum is trolling.  First you suggest that CN be removed to "get rid of the trolls" when you know damn well that 95% of the site mostly hangs out there.  Then you say that this forum needs to enforce Islamic law, and now you're targeting Raist for doing something that the entire site has been doing for years.  And now I'm feeding you. :-\
Depicting Muhammad is offensive to the 1.5 million Muslims on this earth. This is a Flat Earth forum. Not a make fun of religion forum.

The whole forum has been persecuting the Jewish race for years?