Misinterpreted: Jesus' apostles as soldiers

• 39 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Misinterpreted - Jesus a Soldier
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
 :o

Like so many people on this forum, the pieces of scripture you refer to are either taken out of context or invented in your own mind.

i'm pretty curious, how is it possible to misinterpret this?
Plus this wasn't one of the two quotes earlier.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 12:08:08 AM »
Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

JESUS SUPPORTED NAKED PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND WITH SWORDS

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »

JESUS SUPPORTED NAKED PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND WITH SWORDS

Mark 14:51-52.
It's not so outside the realms of possibility.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 07:21:39 PM »

Like so many people on this forum, the pieces of scripture you refer to are either taken out of context or invented in your own mind.

Read the rest of the chapter, and when you are done read Matthew 26. You are can't see the forest for the trees.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
Re: Misinterpreted - Jesus' Apostles as Soldiers
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »

Read the rest of the chapter, and when you are done read Matthew 26. You are can't see the forest for the trees.

I am with Canadark again on this one - out of context.  4th time we agreed.

@BiJane - And the previous remark where you mention as not being a quote previously by Canadark;  he probably dug from deeper back in this thread or took from another thread.  * So Lurk Moar

In reference to the sword (and arms, and armor) once more ...

#1) There was offensive armor such as:  sword, spear, dagger, chisel, knife etc

#2) There was defensive armor such as :  girdle, greaves, shield, breastplate, helmut

#3) There was spiritual armor, (NT) since Jesus wielded the sword of spiritual truth.  In the OT, you find it in Ephesians often as figuratively or metaphorically based on some offensive or defensive armor listed in #1 and #2 above.  Examples listed below:

3a) Just as a helmut (from #2 above) protects a soldier's head, so "the helmut of salvation" safeguards the Christian's mental powers from ungody influences.  (see Eph 6:17)

3b) Just as a breastplate (from #2 above) protects a soldiers vital organs, especially the heart, so is the need for a Christian to protect his figurative heart from ungodly things and the heart's sinful inclination.  Christians put on "the breastplate of righteous." (Eph 6:14)

3c) Just as the girdle (from #2 above) can provide support and protection for the loins, and unbreakable attachment to divine truth can strengthen a Christian in his determination to remain firm despite trails.  Paul advises Christians to have their "loins girdled about with truth" (Also Eph 6:14)

3d) Christians must "take up the complete suit of armor from God." (Eph 6:13)

In other words Christians do not share in fleshly warfare (except the wars of God - OT), but they are still engaged in a battle, and are likened to soldiers.  (Php 2:25; 2Ti 2:3; Phm 2)

However the account in Luke you spoke of means something else, but my post is already lengthy.
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »
* So Lurk Moar

Umm this is TFES not Bible group. That's like going over to forum.catholic.org, posting page after page of crap about the flat earth and then when someone says "Awhaaa?" you say "Lurk moar!".

Also the fact that the Bible requires an interpretation renders the entire thing devoid of value.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
* So Lurk Moar

Umm this is TFES not Bible group. That's like going over to forum.catholic.org, posting page after page of crap about the flat earth and then when someone says "Awhaaa?" you say "Lurk moar!".

Also the fact that the Bible requires an interpretation renders the entire thing devoid of value.

Yes, we should completely disregard any document that is open to interpretation.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 06:43:25 PM »
Yes, we should completely disregard any document that is open to interpretation.

No we should disregard any document which claims to be a golden standard in terms of social and moral conduct, yet requires a reader defined cypher to access that standard.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

No we should disregard any document which claims to be a golden standard in terms of social and moral conduct, yet requires a reader defined cypher to access that standard.

I agree, let's get rid of the whole lot of them.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 09:30:22 PM »

* So Lurk Moar
The lurk moar ...
Was not in reference to a question on the board I refused to answer NOR was it something that applied to my response, or the message being delivered, BUT only in reference to BiJane commenting on something SO small, that which was about Canadark NOT having said the quote.  I think he would know if he made his own quote or not.  It was trivial on her part, and now you guys are making a big deal out of it again.

Also many people on FES use lurk moar - I wasn't the 1st, and I won't be the last.
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."