Other search engine
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: May 10, 2005, 04:59:12 AM

So, how did you end up on this site?

• 125 Replies
Why I joined
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2005, 04:47:43 AM »
I was watching a video about the Internet. It said that not all of the Internet agreed with others on some topics, such as the Earth's shape. That got me interested.

I got here by finding it on Wikipedia. I'm glad skeptics are welcome, because I support the round Earth theory.
 believe the Earth is round. That must make me... EVIL!!!

By reading this message, you have given me breif control of your mind.

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »
I joined cause i friend said it was highly humourous and i can bag your flat arses out.
 hate you all... The world is a god damn icosahedron you bunch of flatearther bogans.

?

1eyejack

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2006, 08:33:04 AM »
I was abducted by aliens and put back down to earth to live with yeti for a couple of years.Things didnt get along between us and we eventually went our separate ways.Decided to walk to the end of the world and fell into the edge but was rescued by the loch ness monster.
She happened to have your site under her favorites so here I am!

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2006, 09:20:51 PM »
i found my way here via a friend that wanted to lighten up the day by laughing at people that are uhh... as carlos mencia put it... DER DUH DER!!

?

FickMyDuck

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2006, 09:07:49 PM »
666 the devil is coming

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2006, 05:16:57 PM »
I found this place through this site www.unexplained-mysteries.com, I cant really remember how it led me here though. This place is much funnier than that garbage riddled alien rubbish. I like it here!  :D
 believe somewhere along the line of human evolution a new species branched off, a 'missing link' if you will. This less intelligent, rather dull, new species of ape were so named the 'flat-earthers'.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2006, 09:34:16 AM »
Just cant let it go unchallenged
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »
Via researching on the moon landing hoax on wikipedia  :D

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »
Actually, a friend of mine sent me a link to some article about Flat-Earthers. It mentioned something about the 100 reasons why the Earth is NOT a globe. Anyway, so I pasted that line into google, and I ended up here.

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »
Wikipedia, I was searching for Flat Earth (as I read about it somewhere) to see how they support their views. That got me here.

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »
I have been studying Geocentricity and recently found several articles which also discussed a flat-earth.
After studying Geocentricity for a while I had to abandon my heliocentric beliefs. Now I intend to study the arguments for a flat earth. I haven't really seen much evidence yet and the idea contradicts everything I've been taught, but I won’t be in the least surprised if I discover the earth is flat.

In Christ, Zach Doty
heck Out My Website FightingForLiberty.org

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2006, 02:00:14 PM »
Quote from: "NarrowPathPilgrim"

After studying Geocentricity for a while I had to abandon my heliocentric beliefs.

In Christ, Zach Doty

¿¿¿¿???? Are you a round earther... but geocentric?

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »
Quote from: "Javier_Vierja"

After studying Geocentricity for a while I had to abandon my heliocentric beliefs.

In Christ, Zach Doty

¿¿¿¿???? Are you a round earther... but geocentric?

Yes.
I'm looking at some of your evidence for a flat earth, especially scripture. But though your scripture passages seem to imply the earth is flat I see more clear scriptures speaking of the earth being round.
When it came to geocentricity I couldn’t find any verses opposing it but quite as few supporting it. There also seemed to be a bit more scientific evidence for geocentricity (Yeah, I know, science can't prove motion...).

Sincerely, Zach Doty

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2006, 06:26:20 PM »
When it came to geocentricity I couldn’t find any verses opposing it but quite as few supporting it.

Well, I believe that's because it is told from the human vision point of view.

How do the people say now:

"the sun set" or "the sun is being hidden because of the earth spin"?

"The sky is blue" or the "atmosphere looks blue"?

"The cup fell down" or "the cup went to the groung because the space-time is blended"?

"The child grew up" or "the child got longer"?

There also seemed to be a bit more scientific evidence for geocentricity (Yeah, I know, science can't prove motion...).

In that model, does the earth spin?

PS: you (we) should open a new thread in the other alternative science section if we want to discuss this issue.

« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2006, 06:31:17 PM »
When it came to geocentricity I couldn’t find any verses opposing it but quite as few supporting it.

Well, I believe that's because it is told from the human vision point of view.

Maybe, but maybe not...some verses look pretty clear...
The sequence of creation also speaks volumes for geocentricity; the earth was created at the beginning but the sun wasn't created until day 4. Did the earth spin around thin air for the first 3 days? Or did God jolt the earth into its orbit on the 4th day? It sure doesn't make sense from a geokinetic (heliocentric) standpoint.

There also seemed to be a bit more scientific evidence for geocentricity (Yeah, I know, science can't prove motion...).

In that model, does the earth spin?
No

You (we) should open a new thread in the other alternative science section if we want to discuss this issue.
Yes, good idea. I think I’ll start a topic about this issue soon :)

Sincerely, Zach Doty

?

donkey.logic

commercial
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2006, 07:02:31 PM »
there was some commercial for nfl saying that the flat earth society calle dit one of the 4 corners of the earth. then it said that was all nonsense... or is it? sort of thing. so im curious and i ran up a google. here i am

?

falcon802

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »
I got here from a link on www.scam.com.   what a surprise...

?

conspiracyman

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2006, 04:15:42 PM »
I found out from google. Finally a site that accepts the TRUE WORD OF GOD....

The earth is flat, get over it roundies. You are all just being brainwashed by the devil incarnate Galelo. Accept it, and accept the true bliss of heaven...

?

red_storm

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2006, 09:36:18 AM »
how did i end up on this site. i recently saw Munich on a pirated dvd (it was long) and wondered if it had a direct connection with 9/11 so i consulted my information god (wikipedia) and upon reading article after article i stumbled upon the phrase "flat earth society" and reckoned its nice that wikipedia has a sense of humor, then noticed the phrase repeated and is linked to another article. quite interesting really.

breakdown:

movie "Munich" > terrorists > twin towers bombing > 9/11 > conspiracy theories > moonlanding hoax >> flat earth society

i've never been in space, never flown on a plane, but what you guys are saying is that the curved line i see on the horizon when im sitting on a beach is not really curved? that im just imagining it?

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2006, 07:02:43 AM »
Wikkepedia....Didn't realize there were people who still believed the earth is flat :shock:  Having said that, that is your right and I guess if it bothers me when atheists call me "primitive" and a "limited thinker" for believing in G-d, then I supposed I should not act the same way towards anyone who still believes the earth is flat....

BTW although I am NOT a "flat earther", I am leaning more towards believing that the landing on the moon was a hoax, rather than not, but I will have to look into that more....All I have seen so far is one TV documentary on the matter, granted that one documentary had much compelling evidence and points to make the "landing on the moon was a hoax" case strong....
Science and religion do NOT contradict one another, but are two truths." (from askmoses.com)

"Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame." - Albert Einstein

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »
Quote from: "mbczion"
All I have seen so far is one TV documentary on the matter, granted that one documentary had much compelling evidence and points to make the "landing on the moon was a hoax" case strong....

That's because it was a TV documentary and not a scholarly work.  Did you find the counterarguments not compelling?  What?  They didn't present any counterarguments?  Well, the counterarguments are legion; a brief stroll on the internet should reveal to you that all arguments supporting the moon-hoax theory are borne out of ignorance.  If that's the team you want to play for, be my guest.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2006, 05:49:22 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
All I have seen so far is one TV documentary on the matter, granted that one documentary had much compelling evidence and points to make the "landing on the moon was a hoax" case strong....

That's because it was a TV documentary and not a scholarly work.  Did you find the counterarguments not compelling?  What?  They didn't present any counterarguments?  Well, the counterarguments are legion; a brief stroll on the internet should reveal to you that all arguments supporting the moon-hoax theory are borne out of ignorance.  If that's the team you want to play for, be my guest.

-Erasmus

Actually, the documentary did present both sides....I also said that I haven't come to an ultimate conclusion yet, just that I was leaning towards the moon-hoax theory....

You do seem awfully defensive regarding the matter though....Perhaps you are a share stock holder in NASA....Even if that be the case, I am NOT saying that the Space Shuttle program is a hoax, just that the moon landing MIGHT have been faked....
Science and religion do NOT contradict one another, but are two truths." (from askmoses.com)

"Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame." - Albert Einstein

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »
Perhaps you are a share stock holder in NASA

I'm insulted; this would be a pretty severe miscalculation on my part.

And er... is NASA actually publicly owned?

Anyway I'm defensive not because I have something to gain from NASA's reputation, but rather because I'm a fan of exploration (despite realizations of its impracticality) and I think the moon landing is one of mankind's great achievements.... I'm *proud* of the moon landing despite having had no role in its fulfillment.

In light of the compelling-to-me nature of the rebuttals to the arguments against the veracity of the moon landing, I wonder why some people want to doubt that it really happened.  I admit that my defense is emotional in origin; I expect their attacks are as well.

In any case, none of the objections that occur to me at the moment (the no-stars problem, the shadows problem, the flag-waving problem, the cross-in-foreground problem, and the blast-crater problem) stand up to scrutiny; they are all borne on ignorance of the underlying phenomena or mechanisms.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2006, 07:20:13 AM »
That and the fact that no one has yet come up with a piece of decent evidence against the moon landing...
'm Fairly certain You're breaking some kind of stupidity limit.

?

the-unknown

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »
I found the site through Wikipedia. I must admit, I'm skeptical of the flat earth theory, but don't worry, I'm not here to flame. I'm looking for some intelligent debate on the subject.

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »
Quote from: "the-unknown"
I found the site through Wikipedia. I must admit, I'm skeptical of the flat earth theory, but don't worry, I'm not here to flame. I'm looking for some intelligent debate on the subject.

Haha, good luck.

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2006, 08:41:17 PM »
A link in someone's signature on another forum.

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2006, 01:04:20 AM »
Vilest worm posted about it on Tauonline.org.

And since I'm always open for a bit of good discussion, here I am.
img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/Akapvaious/Sensei.jpg[/img]

?

Snipingranger

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2006, 01:21:41 AM »
Quote from: "Silent Knight"

same here
I look forward to become a "flat-earth believer".

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2006, 05:42:29 PM »
Quote from: "Snipingranger"
Quote from: "Silent Knight"

same here
I look forward to become a "flat-earth believer".

Ditto, and if they get out of hand, let me know.  I'll beat them on this end.
Bonus points for anyone that taunts the frog while the machine works"- Dr Devious vs Lincoln High