How Evolution Proves a Flat Earth

• 653 Replies
?

zork

Re: How Evolution Proves a Flat Earth
« Reply #630 on: November 05, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »
It is natural selection acting upon genetic diversity that determines if adaptability is successful or not for survival.  On a flat earth, birds look like they do. 
I see a dead bird. So, that i how the flat earth birds look.

On a round earth, birds would probably have developed unknown genetic characteristics and adapted for survival.     
So, the round earth birds are alive and surviving species. Nice.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »
This is so funny, for a bunch of folks who believe in evolution fairly well, you guys can't seem to grasp the burden of evidence that's on you if you support a flat earth.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
This is so funny, for a bunch of folks who believe in evolution fairly well, you guys can't seem to grasp the burden of evidence that's on you if you support a flat earth.

We've provided evidence to support a flat earth...  Did you just post that for the hell of it or do you really not understand what's going on in this thread?

« Reply #633 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »

We've provided evidence to support a flat earth...  Did you just post that for the hell of it or do you really not understand what's going on in this thread?

and most of your "evidence" have not been proven by science. Nuff said
I wonder if you flat earthers understand what is going on in this world. And if so, where's the proof.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #634 on: November 15, 2010, 09:37:02 AM »

I wonder if you flat earthers understand what is going on in this world. And if so, where's the proof.

Don't think you're special for pointing out that FET is unproven, undocumented, and generally very inaccurate.  But you're here at this site, so play FE'ers game.  And don't bother bringing up Burden of Proof, because since this is a place where FET is the dominant theory, the BOP is technically on you.

« Reply #635 on: November 15, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »

Don't think you're special for pointing out that FET is unproven, undocumented, and generally very inaccurate.  But you're here at this site, so play FE'ers game.  And don't bother bringing up Burden of Proof, because since this is a place where FET is the dominant theory, the BOP is technically on you.
Horribly, horribly wrong. The burden lies with the claimant.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #636 on: November 15, 2010, 10:13:11 AM »

Finally someone gets it.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #637 on: November 16, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »

Exactly.  As long as TFES is paying the server bills, we're the one's claiming the Earth is round in a place where the Earth is predominantly flat.

« Reply #638 on: November 16, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »

Exactly.  As long as TFES is paying the server bills, we're the one's claiming the Earth is round in a place where the Earth is predominantly flat.
Where in the world is this place where the Earth is predominantly flat?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:27:33 AM by ClockTower »

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #639 on: November 16, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »
How is the world is this a place where the Earth is predominantly flat?

???

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:09 AM »

???

His point is, he came here, then demanded we prove to him something. That is rather ridiculous, he should either show proof against our belief, or not argue at all.

« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »

???

His point is, he came here, then demanded we prove to him something. That is rather ridiculous, he should either show proof against our belief, or not argue at all.
Nope. I have no responsibility to prove your beliefs wrong, even when they are.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »

???

And we also have no responsibility to change your mind or provide proof to you. Since this stalemate means neither of us have to prove anything to the other, may I ask why you are on theflatearthsociety?

« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2010, 09:07:47 AM »

???

And we also have no responsibility to change your mind or provide proof to you. Since this stalemate means neither of us have to prove anything to the other, may I ask why you are on theflatearthsociety?
I could ask the same of you, but I won't. I consider a stalemate an RE victory since we already have the high ground. Another RE victory!

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #644 on: November 17, 2010, 09:15:29 AM »
Clocktower has given up.

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR FLAT EARTH!!!

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24:19 AM »
Clocktower has given up.

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR FLAT ROUND EARTH!!!

Berny
Because I said so
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
Clocktower has given up.

Justify your outlandish claim.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2010, 09:37:16 AM »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »

???

I could ask the same of you, but I won't. I consider a stalemate an RE victory since we already have the high ground. Another RE victory!

I meant a stalemate in the conversation, not in the debate.

Please do keep up.

I am on the flat earth society to talk about how flat the earth is. It is rather flat.

In the process I made friends and we talk here as well. You on the other hand seem to want to prove the earth is round. Feel free to provide evidence and do so.

« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2010, 01:52:28 PM »

???

Please do keep up.

I am on the flat earth society to talk about how flat the earth is. It is rather flat.

In the process I made friends and we talk here as well. You on the other hand seem to want to prove the earth is round. Feel free to provide evidence and do so.
Changing your words, again? Fine so our victory is only "in the conversation".

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »

???

Please do keep up.

Changing your words, again? Fine so our victory is only "in the conversation".

I didn't change my words, I clarified them because you couldn't keep up.

And stalemates always go to those with a disadvantage. Your mental handicap definitely qualifies.

« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2010, 02:07:27 PM »

I didn't change my words, I clarified them because you couldn't keep up.

And stalemates always go to those with a disadvantage. Your mental handicap definitely qualifies.
Really, no words changed between your first claim and your second? I do love it when all you have left is flaming. I guess you're all out of useful contributions to the topic. Noted.

?

Pope Zera

• A Firm Believer in NOTHING
« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
The day I joined heralded the influx of noob and your inevitable downfall.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
the conclusions i came up with is

1. evolution doesn't do anything about provin the earth's shape.  
2. some people don't understand that in FES, REers have to prove the earth is round becuase the FES beleives the earth is flat
3. somehow a round earth makes it more difficult for a bird to fly high than a flat earth

seriously, whats there to debate?  may someone please tell me?

i dont think this argument has any correlation with earth's shape, one could say that whales and fish swim deep, so in a flat earth, that would not make sense becuase your distance from earth to the water's surface would be less efficient than if the water's surface was curved, as if the water was curved towards them, swimming deep would distribute pressure upwards outwards, while on a flat earth, it would force it up.

bird altitude would still matter on a flat earth, and saying it takes more energy to fly high is the same for both shapes
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:47:37 PM by vhu9644 »
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy