DIY Foucault Pendulum Published Article -- The Earth Rotates

• 25 Replies
DIY Foucault Pendulum Published Article -- The Earth Rotates
« on: November 17, 2010, 07:04:58 AM »
More demonstrative results that the Earth rotates... Please reference: http://rsi.aip.org/resource/1/rsinak/v81/i11/p115102_s1?view=fulltext&bypassSSO=1.

In additional to confirming once again that the Earth rotates, the authors describe how to build your own FP in a smaller (large classroom) sized lab.
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

?

Pope Zera

• A Firm Believer in NOTHING
Re: DIY Foucault Pendulum Published Article -- The Earth Rotates
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »
2010 American Institute of Physics

Can you not read or something?  This is clearly fabricated by The Man to trick us into believing that the Earth is round.

?

vhu9644

• Round earth supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
what if someone was able to follow this, and do it at home? and record it?
people i respect: Ski, Oracle, PizzaPlanet, Wendy

?

Atom Man

• Watch out for that tree
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »

Can you not read or something?  This is clearly fabricated by The Man to trick us into believing that the Earth is round.
Can I take your response to mean that you have not tried and are not willing conduct the experiment?
Urinal Etiquette is like Ghost Busting: Never Cross the Streams

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 05:47:49 AM »

Showing you how to do an at-home experiment clearly shows how this was fabricated by The Man.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Foucault+Pendulum
Please provide evidence to substantiate your outlandish claims in the FEW entry.

The article provides several links as references.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:13:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
Please provide evidence to substantiate your outlandish claims in the FEW entry.

None of which provides evidence.

The Earth Not a Globe links put forward several pieces of evidence.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »

Not even close. And all fails compared to just this one peer-reviewed scientific article.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »

Not even close. And all fails compared to just this one peer-reviewed scientific article.

Try again. You do have to realize that Earth Not a Globe was written in a different century so the language reflects that.  There are experiments, evidence, and conclusions offered there that dispute your claim that it fails as you state.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »

Try again. You do have to realize that Earth Not a Globe was written in a different century so the language reflects that.  There are experiments, evidence, and conclusions offered there that dispute your claim that it fails as you state.
Please justify your statement. What experiment or evidence offered by R. disputes my claim?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »

Please justify your statement. What experiment or evidence offered by R. disputes my claim?
I am promoting that you open it and read it for yourself.  I was just doing that and it prompted my post.  If I can find it I feel confident that you can find it, too.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 01:46:20 PM »

I am promoting that you open it and read it for yourself.  I was just doing that and it prompted my post.  If I can find it I feel confident that you can find it, too.
I've read it thoroughly. I found nothing of interest on this topic. I again challenge you: Please justify your statement. What experiment or evidence offered by R. disputes my claim?

?

zork

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
Nice. As you can't point out any then that means you didn't find any experiments or evidence from there. Really nice.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right and the all fails premise also is merely opinion that the peer-reviewed article is superior to ENaG evidence.  You have your task of reading it yourself to see that the premise is unfounded and reflects only an opinion of the matter and that plenty of evidence is also available.

?

zork

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right and the all fails premise also is merely opinion that the peer-reviewed article is superior to ENaG evidence.  You have your task of reading it yourself to see that the premise is unfounded and reflects only an opinion of the matter and that plenty of evidence is also available.
My task is my task but you fail to present anything to back up your claims that there is something in ENaG. So, as far as you are considered then there is absolutely nothing in ENaG that you can show to back up your claims. Your failure is total.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
Again, I have read EnaG thoroughly, and I just told you that. I would be happy to debate the relative merits of the evidence and experiments. I assure you that every open-minded reader would prefer a more recent result, especially one with an innovative DIY design, especially when presented in a peer-review journal.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 02:17:19 PM »

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »
open it and read it for yourself
<yawn> As I keep saying and you apparently can't comprehend, I have read EnaG thoroughly.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »
<yawn> As I keep saying and you apparently can't comprehend, I have read EnaG thoroughly.

Then you should be aware of the vast amount of data and evidence contained within it.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »

Then you should be aware of the vast amount of data and evidence contained within it.
As I keep saying and you apparently can't comprehend, I found nothing of value on this topic in EnaG. If you'd like to debate any particular piece of evidence in EnaG and whether it's more convincing that that of a peer-reviewed journal article from this year, please pick your best EnaG evidence.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
Try again. You do have to realize that Earth Not a Globe was written in a different century so the language reflects that.  There are experiments, evidence, and conclusions offered there that dispute your claim that it fails as you state.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 08:27:12 PM »
Try again. You do have to realize that Earth Not a Globe was written in a different century so the language reflects that.  There are experiments, evidence, and conclusions offered there that dispute your claim that it fails as you state.
You do realize that things have changed since Rowbotham wrote that, things like space travel. Also, you keep ignoring the fact that the Bedford Canal experiment was done multiple times after Rowbotham and had different outcomes.

?

zork

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
You do realize that we have read it more thoroughly that you or FE people have? Ski recently demonstrated quite big cap in his knowledge about the ENaG and Gotham just suggest to read it without actually knowing what there is in the book because he fails to quote relevant paragraphs from there. And you Tom are in same level. Only thing you can do is to suggest to read it but fail to bring out any conclusive evidence from book.
-