• 43 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: Carl Sagan COSMOS round earth demonstration
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »
"...I stand by both statements."
(1)  It is impossible to prove the Earth is spherical.
(2)  Nothing the opposing side can say or do will ever change my mind.

This is a bit out of context really.  The two statements are about completely different things.  The first statement was of my opinion regarding the provability of a round Earth.  Obviously, as I've stated many times, I don't believe a round Earth can be proven.

The second was in response to a question about my own personal beliefs.  I believe that the Earth is round.  It wasn't my idea to smash the two statements together as if they were related, and I make it pretty clear in my response that they are, in fact, two distinct statements.  Anyone can go back and read the thread to see that I never misrepresent my beliefs.

(In response to going into space and physically seeing a spherical Earth)
"No, that would not convince me that a round Earth could be proven..."
"Such an event would prove nothing more than that the Earth appears round from high altitudes."

Yes, that's correct.  As stated above, I don't believe a round Earth can be proven, and I don't believe that seeing an apparent round Earth from high altitudes would prove that the Earth is round.

Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »
Then we must be using different definitions for "proven."  I'm using the sense that a court of law would use: providing factual relevant evidence in favor of, beyond reasonable doubt.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »
Then we must be using different definitions for "proven."  I'm using the sense that a court of law would use: providing factual relevant evidence in favor of, beyond reasonable doubt.

Then I guess we are using different definitions.

Catchpa

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 03:28:01 AM »
This thread gives much amusement. Only on FE would a guy deny blatantly obvious proofs, and not just stand corrected. Roundy respect in heavy decline..
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »

Yes, that's correct.  As stated above, I don't believe a round Earth can be proven, and I don't believe that seeing an apparent round Earth from high altitudes would prove that the Earth is round.

Even if the earth you are looking at is missing half the continents?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 12:12:10 PM »

Yes, because it's plausible that they're simply hidden from view.

Catchpa

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »

Perhaps hidden in someones pocket I guess. Definately not on the other side of what you can see, 'cause that'd be silly.

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

Yes, that's correct.  As stated above, I don't believe a round Earth can be proven, and I don't believe that seeing an apparent round Earth from high altitudes would prove that the Earth is round.

I don't understand how that would work.If you saw something like this:
All you would see are stars around the planet or darkness.
Unless you mean strictly photos taken in earth and not a NASA space flight.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:15:35 PM by The Question1 »

Sliver

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
I'm offended that you would call me a troll.  I am, after all, a mod.  I kind of help define what's acceptable and normal behavior here.
So is James, and he's the biggest troll on the site.  So what's your point, that trolls can't be mods or that mods can't be trolls?

?

Gigamonsta

• Earth Shape Agnostic (ESA) - QUESTION EVERYTHING
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »
I'm offended that you would call me a troll.  I am, after all, a mod.  I kind of help define what's acceptable and normal behavior here.
So is James, and he's the biggest troll on the site.  So what's your point, that trolls can't be mods or that mods can't be trolls?

ad hominen attacks dont count!

Sliver

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 04:05:42 PM »

It's Ad Hominem, and I wasn't attacking anyone.  I was simply stating fact.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »

What evidence do you have that James doesn't really believe everything he asserts here?

Sliver

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »

What evidence do you have that James doesn't really believe everything he asserts here?
Well, if he does, than he really needs to seek psychiatric help.

Catchpa

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2010, 04:16:48 AM »

Attack-birds