Guatemala

• 11 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Guatemala
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »
Due to recent work in my FE studies, I'll be travelling to Guatemala once I pin down the appropriate dates for testing an aspect of my work.  As an added bonus I will investigate the famed sinkhole and several of their volcanoes in hopes to find information concerning other theories of mine.  Hopefully I'll get caught in an Earthquake too while there.

If anyone has something that they wish to be done towards FET while I am there let me know.  It will likely be a few months at least before I am ready and the dates and heavens line up but I will check back here periodically.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
Re: Guatemala
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »

If anyone has something that they wish to be done towards FET while I am there let me know.  It will likely be a few months at least before I am ready and the dates and heavens line up but I will check back here periodically.

Ask the pilot if he believes the Earth is flat and ask him to explain why it can't be so according to his profession.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Catchpa

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »
Care to say what exactly you'll research?
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

Sliver

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
Where are you flying from?

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »
Why would you want to get caught in an earthquake? Wouldn't the idea of tectonic plates rubbing up against each other causing the Earth to shake be a little hard to explain with a flat Earth? Or does FES have some whack-ass explanation for earthquakes?

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 02:37:19 AM »
Take a GPS along. Plot your route see how your flight time compares to the one needed to suite the FE model and the RE model. See which one is closest to the GPS one.

Take some gravity measurements. Plot them vs RE expected results and FE expected results. See which one is closest to your measured one.

Speak to the pilot about your theories, see what he says.

At 30,000 feet look out the window and tell us what you see? Did they photoshop the window?

Detail what experiments you will carry out.

Post results of these experiments immediately so they can be independantly verified. How do we know you won't alter your results to fit your theories?

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »
Take a compass on the plane so you can verify what direction your pointing and take angle measures of the position of the Sun at noted times and see if its where it should be in the sky according to whatever flat model you personally use (it wont be but this is your chance to verify that).
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
There, plenty of ways you can travel to Guatemala to do research, and also make the trips abundant of research aswel.

Where are you flying from?

This is a good one to answer.

Sliver

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »
Three days and no responses from John Boy?  Hmm....

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
As I recall, John lives in Tennessee so I would guess that's where he would be flying from. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 06:20:15 AM »
You take this forum too seriously.  What kind of a loony actually travels to Guatemala to do "research" for a troll website?

Use the money and get a psychiatrist instead.
Obviously there is some sort of attracting phenomenon which affects the stars and planets.

?

frozen_berries

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 05:05:23 AM »
You take this forum too seriously.  What kind of a loony actually travels to Guatemala to do "research" for a troll website?

Use the money and get a psychiatrist instead.

Not everyone is a troll. Some take this seriously.