Total Members Voted: 13

Which Map Do Most FE'ers Agree With

• 191 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Which Map Do Most FE'ers Agree With
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
I don't see such an endeavor as fulfilling the purpose of the Society and this site. 

Isn't the purpose of the Society and this site to pursue the truth about the Flat Earth? 
Indeed, its not a popularity contest for maps.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Sliver

« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:32 AM »
These forums were made in part for supporting alternate views.  I don't see why we should change the official view of the society based on round earthers being too lazy to read the source material. 

We need to actually research and find out the true map of the world, not vote on a forum to try to use yet another incorrect map.
So get off you @$$e$ and do it already!  Hell, I checked your "Believers Only" section and you guys won't even discuss which map is the closest to right.  You've been given the means in the thread about grant money.  You call us lazy, but you guys are always the ones demanding proof and math.  When ever someone asks you guys for the same Tom steps in and preaches, "Read the Wiki!", or, "Read Earth Not A Globe!", or he posts a link to something that does nothing to prove his argument.  If you guys, honestly want your little club of internet trolls to EVER be taken seriously, you're really going to have to try and get your $h1t together and start building some vague semblance of a unified theory.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2010, 12:59:03 PM »
These forums were made in part for supporting alternate views.  I don't see why we should change the official view of the society based on round earthers being too lazy to read the source material.  

We need to actually research and find out the true map of the world, not vote on a forum to try to use yet another incorrect map.
So get off you @$$e$ and do it already!  Hell, I checked your "Believers Only" section and you guys won't even discuss which map is the closest to right.  You've been given the means in the thread about grant money.  You call us lazy, but you guys are always the ones demanding proof and math.  When ever someone asks you guys for the same Tom steps in and preaches, "Read the Wiki!", or, "Read Earth Not A Globe!", or he posts a link to something that does nothing to prove his argument.  If you guys, honestly want your little club of internet trolls to EVER be taken seriously, you're really going to have to try and get your $h1t together and start building some vague semblance of a unified theory.
Really? Given the means in the thread about grant money.

Sure, because TD has multiple millions he is going to give away to the FES.

Also, watch the profanity. Spelling it in ascii just makes you look silly.

?

Deceiver

• The grant money made me do it.
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »

I don't believe that any of us would be so foolish as to suggest a 'popularity contest'. At the very least, that's not what I was implying in my previous post. What we are trying to get you FE'rs to do is discuss the flaws and merits of the maps, and decide amongst yourselves which fits best with observations and easily accessed/reliable data. If none of the maps seems workable, then get back to the drawing board and try to come up with a better conceptual model. Or even try to tweak current maps to get a closer approximation.

A lack of financial resources to verify this or that is not a valid excuse to blindly make up new physical laws just because process Y would be the logical alternative to make observation X work.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:12:20 PM by Deceiver »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2010, 01:19:44 PM »

I don't believe that any of us would be so foolish as to suggest a 'popularity contest'. At the very least, that's not what I was implying in my previous post. What we are trying to get you FE'rs to do is discuss the flaws and merits of the maps, and decide amongst yourselves which fits best with observations and easily accessed/reliable data. If none of the maps seems workable, then get back to the drawing board and try to come up with a better conceptual model. Or even try to tweak current maps to get a closer approximation.

A lack of financial resources to verify this or that is not a valid excuse to blindly make up new physical laws just because process Y would be the logical alternative to make observation X work.
We haven't blindly made up anything.  We have done the best we can with the data we have.  Until we have the resources to gather more data we must continue using the data we have.  Wilmore, for example, recently has his own tweaked version that he feels fits the data better. 

I don't see any real evidence that we just make things up to make observations "work."  If anything, that is more the globularist method.

Catchpa

« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
Uhm, what data? Because the public data from airports have obviously not been used.
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

Sliver

« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »
These forums were made in part for supporting alternate views.  I don't see why we should change the official view of the society based on round earthers being too lazy to read the source material.  

So get off you widdle bottoms and do it already!  Hell, I checked your "Believers Only" section and you guys won't even discuss which map is the closest to right.  You've been given the means in the thread about grant money.  You call us lazy, but you guys are always the ones demanding proof and math.  When ever someone asks you guys for the same Tom steps in and preaches, "Read the Wiki!", or, "Read Earth Not A Globe!", or he posts a link to something that does nothing to prove his argument.  If you guys, honestly want your little club of internet trolls to EVER be taken seriously, you're really going to have to try and get your $h1t together and start building some vague semblance of a unified theory.

There, I fixed the bad word for you.  And TD never said he was the one to give out the money, he simply pointed out how to go about getting it.  Kind of like that Matthew Lesko guy.  As for looking silly, have you read some of the posts made by FE'ers lately?

?

Deceiver

• The grant money made me do it.
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »

We haven't blindly made up anything.  We have done the best we can with the data we have.  Until we have the resources to gather more data we must continue using the data we have.  Wilmore, for example, recently has his own tweaked version that he feels fits the data better. 

I don't see any real evidence that we just make things up to make observations "work."  If anything, that is more the globularist method.

So, saying that the north and south poles literally switch locations without any sort of noticeable effect is not blindly making up something just to satisfy the extended daylight observations? Or drastically altering the shapes of thoroughly explored coastline to make continents stay within lat/long lines... Even if you look at how those nonsensical arguments are explained, it's complete denial to say that the majority of FE arguments aren't simply made up. Limiting our examples to just the maps, the list goes on and on.

The 'globularist' method requires verifiable, repeatable experiments and data, in addition to reliable equations and models for prediction. That's not to indicate that scientists understand everything perfectly, but at the very least everything can be explained using rigorous modeling and it can be tested against with related observations. If that's what you call making stuff up, then exactly what sort of description does FE methodology get? Since the FE community seems to be unable to reach even a moderate consensus  -- data collection becomes especially hard when the best you can do is look outside your window or think on your couch -- I think blindly making things up is a rather generous descriptor of FET if we're going to bring in comparisons. In addition, most FE conjectures explain only one specific phenomenon and immediately break down when related factors enter into play. So no working models, no equations, none of the stuff required to validate anything at all. FE methodology has no problem procurring limitless contradictions, despite near constant cries of supposed logical and observational validity.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 02:53:46 PM by Deceiver »

Sliver

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »

So, saying that the north and south poles literally switch locations without any sort of noticeable effect is not blindly making up something just to satisfy the extended daylight observations? Or drastically altering the shapes of thoroughly explored coastline to make continents stay within lat/long lines... Even if you look at how those nonsensical arguments are explained, it's complete denial to say that the majority of FE arguments aren't simply made up. Limiting our examples to just the maps, the list goes on and on.

The 'globularist' method requires verifiable, repeatable experiments and data, in addition to reliable equations and models for prediction. That's not to indicate that scientists understand everything perfectly, but at the very least everything can be explained using rigorous modeling and it can be tested against with related observations. If that's what you call making stuff up, then exactly what sort of description does FE methodology get? Since the FE community seems to be unable to reach even a moderate consensus  -- data collection becomes especially hard when the best you can do is look outside your window or think on your couch -- I think blindly making things up is a rather generous descriptor of FET if we're going to bring in comparisons. In addition, most FE conjectures explain only one specific phenomenon and immediately break down when related factors enter into play. So no working models, no equations, none of the stuff required to validate anything at all. FE methodology has no problem procurring limitless contradictions, despite near constant cries of supposed logical and observational validity.
Someone cue Tom.  He needs to post a link to the Wiki after this one.   ;D

« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
Eh offley quiet in here now... I think we may have shot down every thing they had. lol 5/23/10 the day fet died lol
Then you have provided evidence for the Earth being a sphere

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »

It was a funny, light hearted, "what if?" thread. The way you and Wilhelm went all defensive about it from the get-go just makes the pair of you look really, really silly.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2010, 06:25:33 AM »
We're Zetetics TD, not psychics. Your topic seemed like an entirely serious question, and you phrased it in such a way that indicated serious, though-out answers were expected. If it was a light-hearted 'what if' thread, then you should have made that clear.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord