Universal Acceleration - A divided Concept!

• 99 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Universal Acceleration - A divided Concept!
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2010, 12:09:35 PM »
Should we expect to see photoelectrons pushing the other celestial bodies up in the same way you expect to see gravitons pulling you to the Earth?

edit - to make it easier for you, I'll make this question multiple choice:

a) yes
b) no

I've heard of particles which can push.

However, I've never heard of particles which can pull. "Graviton puller particles" seems like a load of fiction to me.

Great.  That wasn't the question.

Should we expect to see photoelectrons pushing the other celestial bodies up in the same way you expect to see gravitons pulling you to the Earth?

I don't expect to see Gravitons pulling me to the earth. "Gravtions" are entirely fictitious.

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »

a) yes
b) no

However, I've never heard of particles which can pull. "Graviton puller particles" seems like a load of fiction to me.

I don't expect to see Gravitons pulling me to the earth. "Gravtions" are entirely fictitious.

I don't expect to see UA pushing the earth to me. "UA" is entirely fictitious.
See what I did there?
Then you have provided evidence for the Earth being a sphere

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2010, 12:18:30 PM »

a) yes
b) no

See what I did there?

Actually, the photo-electrons are supposed to be pushing the sun and moon to an altitude of 3000 miles or so above the FE.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »

a) yes
b) no

See what I did there?

Actually, the photo-electrons are supposed to be pushing the sun and moon to an altitude of 3000 miles or so above the FE.

That would take one hell of a energy source seeing as how that weakens with the inverse square of the distance.
Then you have provided evidence for the Earth being a sphere

?

Deceiver

• The grant money made me do it.
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »

a) yes
b) no

The purpose of higher education is to understand the how and why. What anyone thinks is mysterious and unexplainable has no bearing on what actually happens in reality.
Believe it or not, there was once a time when people couldn't grasp the idea that some matter could behave as both a wave and a particle, or even the concept of fields, atoms, etc.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:50:26 PM by Deceiver »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »

a) yes
b) no

What about gluons?  You know, the mediators of the strong nuclear force.  The particles that keep the like charged protons in an atomic nucleus from flying apart.  Wouldn't those be considered puller particles?

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »

a) yes
b) no

From your past comments, it sure does sound like you expect to see gravitons or a force:

In contradiction to the Round Earth theories, I cannot observe gravitons or bendy space. I've never seen a graviton. Only the Flat Earth explanation presents a mechanism which is directly observable and easily testable.

When I step off my chair I don't see any forces.

All I see is the ground coming up to meet me. I see neither "gravitons," "bendy space," nor a "newtonian force".

By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »
Um, someone in another post brought up a great point that basically debunked UA...

Precipitation, mainly raindrops.

It's commonly known that raindrops taper to one end, forming the 'teardrop' shape, similar to a cone with a hemisphere capping off its base.

How is that possible if the Earth is accelerating, not the raindrop?

Oh, yeah.  It's not.

EDIT: My point was raindrops are NOT SPHERICAL, they are as described by Markjo (below).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:00:23 PM by jackofhearts »

Trolling makes me angry.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2010, 03:55:31 PM »
Um, someone in another post brought up a great point that basically debunked UA...

Precipitation, mainly raindrops.

It's commonly known that raindrops taper to one end, forming the 'teardrop' shape, similar to a cone with a hemisphere capping off its base.

Actually, that's a common misconception.
http://weather.about.com/od/cloudsandprecipitation/a/rainburgers.htm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:57:23 PM by markjo »

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58:43 PM »
Ah.  Glad to be corrected.

Still doesn't answer my question, though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:00:44 PM by jackofhearts »

Trolling makes me angry.