Re: GPS | Navigation
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 04:35:41 PM »
 How did you calculate that data?

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »
How did you calculate that data?

I got it from celestrak.com, but I could have used the ephemeris if I felt inclined to do so.
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2016, 11:53:59 PM »
Who determined that GPS works in the Andromeda Galaxy in order for you people to determine that it is "Universal"?  Also, you have no idea how Zeteticism works, idiot, so don't pretend you do.  It does not mean that you have to personally measure everything, dummy.  How many more fallacies are you going to post today?  My guess is 12.  ::)
As you know we are discussing GPS coverage on earth.
He calls others autistic, yet can't understand context and interprets statements literally.
And there are those who think personal abuse and bad language proves their case.

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »
There was a navigation system called omega which covered the earth with only eight towers

No need for any satellites, it was made more accurate later on,the video is from the sixties when it was less accurate.

Also there are more than eight GPS ground stations all over the earth
http://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/control/

If GPS was really satellite based you would only need two ground stations at most,and not equally spread out in remote locations on the earth........exactly like the omega system!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:13:28 PM by Ex-Globe »
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
There was a navigation system called omega which covered the earth with only eight towers

No need for any satellites, it was made more accurate later on,the video is from the sixties when it was less accurate.
Do you really enjoy making a fool of yourself?
The Omega system was the first global navigation system, but it uses the frequency range 10 to 14 kHz, and so is not able to provide high accuracy, see:

::) Yes, the accuracy of Omega is about 2.2 km - does it look as though GPS uses Omega!  ::)

And (as they say in the TV sell ADS) still there's more! 
The antennae for these VLF frequencies need to be massive, so big that submarines use a kilometres long trailing wire.
Due to the low frequency a VLF broadcast antenna needs to be quite l6arge. In fact, broadcasting sites are usually a few square kilometres. This prevents such antennas being installed on submarines. Submarines only carry a VLF reception aerial, and do not respond on such low frequencies. So a ground-to-submarine VLF broadcast is always a one-way broadcast, originating on the ground and received aboard the boat.
From Communication with submarines
  ;D So you are going to put a kilometres long antenna in your phone?  ;D
Now, don't come back and suggest that recent advances could miniaturise all this and improve the accuracy. The accuracy of Omega is largely determined by the frequency. The frequency is set by the need for both global coverage and depth of penetration into seawater and the low frequency makes huge antennae necessary.

But "recent advances" give us a global system of high accuracy that can get away with a tiny antenna.
They call it the satellite based Global Positioning System! Get used to it!

And learn at least a tiny bit about the subject before presenting it here. That way you might not make such a fool of yourself.

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2016, 06:40:27 AM »
What, this OMEGA:

It became operational around 1971 and was shut down in 1997 in favour of the Global Positioning Satellite system.

I wonder why everyone switched to a satellite system?  Oh yeah...

Using hyperbolic geometry and radionavigation principles, a position fix with an accuracy on the order of 510 kilometres (3.16.2 mi) was realizable over the entire globe at any time of the day

If GPS was really satellite based you would only need two ground stations at most
What are you basing this statement on?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.