OMFG WE WON!!!

• 47 Replies

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
Re: OMFG WE WON!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »
They are. Although I do respect LoG, their music is rather simple, and most of their riffs are played on one string. I've been playing guitar for 1 and a half years now and I can still barely learn Veil of Maya, whilst the first song I ever learned was a LoG.

Besides, Veil of Maya is not groove metal, nor is it nu-metal. It's deathcore. It sounds COMPLETELY different than any other mainstream metal band.
I'll give them a listen at home, depending on how much it will or will not piss off my girlfriend. She's not the biggest fan of me listening to deathcore (I'm not really a deathcore fan, though, so it works out). I'm more of a thrash metal kind of guy. And sludge metal.

But still, I'll give it a listen.

-YOU- should give ISIS a listen, though. I suggest panopticon, an older album from them, and their newest, Wavering Radiant. The first track I listened to was Gentle Time from their first album.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

?

Veil of Maya

• Knees collapsing, we bow in its aura.
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
Cool beans I'll give it a listen for sure!

We have been double-crossed.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »
I'm slowly liking more and more metal.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »
People always seem to think that every band that screams sounds exactly the same. >.> They don't.

The bands (music) may not sound the same, but the Cookie Monster vocalists do.  What's the point of having meaningful lyrics if you can't understand a single word?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 01:01:48 PM »
Veil of Maya sucks, and they stole their name from an infinitely more talented group.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Veil of Maya

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »
Ah yes, I knew something was missing in this thread. It was Nomad (who said when I first re-joined as VoM that he'd ignore me) flaming away with horrible troll attempts.

Veil of Maya took their name from a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson; there's also a song by Cynic of that name, but why am I even saying this? You probably already know all this, and I  know better than to feed the trolls.

Markjo: The vocals never sound the same at all. If you played some Suicide Silence, Lamd of God, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, Between the Buried and Me, or The Devil Wears Prada I'd be able to tell you exactly who's playing it, just by recorgnizing the voice. For example, Suicide Silence has some ridiculously high highs, and his lows are super-low, however he doesn't use much mid-range at all...

As for understanding the lyrics, I figured out 2/3 of the lyrics for "Mowgli" before the song was even released, and if you know the lyrics, then you can totally understand them and make them out much more easily than when you first hear it. Are you saying that bands that scream should have totally meaningless lyrics, because you can't understand them within the few frst times that you listen to it?

Eddy Baby: I find that listening to metal is a kind of progression towards heavier stuff... Most people start out with Disturbed, System of a Down, that kind of stuff and slowly move towards heavier shit. :D

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
I prefer Dire Straits.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 02:44:27 PM »
People always seem to think that every band that screams sounds exactly the same. >.> They don't.

The bands (music) may not sound the same, but the Cookie Monster vocalists do.  What's the point of having meaningful lyrics if you can't understand a single word?

I agree with VoM. This is a silly thing to say.

1. They do not sound the same. I, personally, can't stand that kind of music unless the vocalist is to my taste.
2. There are methods of finding out the lyrics if you can't understand them.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »
I prefer Dire Straits.

Dire Straits suck bro.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »
I prefer Dire Straits.

Dire Straits suck bro.

Mark Knoppfler is a legend.  GTFO.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 02:57:47 AM »
I forgot to do this earlier, I'm grabbing [id] and common man's collapse.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 03:28:23 AM »
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »
I prefer Dire Straits.

Dire Straits suck bro.

They think you suck too.

I may troll FES but I least I don't make boring and shitty music.

?

Veil of Maya

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 01:43:21 PM »

Good choice man! Seriously there isn't a single song on both those albums that isn't amazing as fuck!

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »

Good choice man! Seriously there isn't a single song on both those albums that isn't amazing as fuck!

Revolver is better than [id].

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »
I prefer Dire Straits.

Dire Straits suck bro.

They think you suck too.

The opposite of boring is entertaining. People will only buy music if they find it entertaining. Who've sold more music, Dire Straits or any of the bands you like?  8)

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2010, 08:35:53 PM »
I prefer Dire Straits.

Dire Straits suck bro.

They think you suck too.

The opposite of boring is entertaining. People will only buy music if they find it entertaining. Who've sold more music, Dire Straits or any of the bands you like?  8)

I am trying to decode this post because it obviously has some hidden meaning.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2010, 02:41:34 AM »
I prefer Dire Straits.

Dire Straits suck bro.

They think you suck too.

The Dire Straits are from a time that that was the most interesting thing anybody could think of.