Moon Negotiations

• 30 Replies
?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Moon Negotiations
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »
I think we can definitely agree that changes in the Moon's apparent colour/shape are caused by something inherent to the Moon's nature.

I agree, and I would add that this applies to both lunar eclipses and lunar phases.  The moon is not a reflector.  The moon's light, its phases, and its eclipses are all generated by something internal - definitely not by any other astronomical object such as the sun or an asteroid or anything like that. 

The true source of the moon's light is God, the Father of lights.  "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."  (James 1:17)  The moon is variable;  it waxes and wanes by nature and thus symbolizes the nature of man. 

The moon itself is not a light, but a vessel like a lamp which conveys light.  This fact can be physically observed when the moon is less than full because a circular outline of its globe can be visibly observed outlining the perimeter of the dark portion of the moon.  Prejudiced faulty science which does not acknowledge that the moon is luminous explains away this phenomenon as a reflection of light from the earth which is balderdash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetshine