California county puts regulations on how fast food toys can be given out

• 55 Replies
?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/28/fast.food.toys.california/index.html?hpt=C1

What the hell is this gonna actually solve? All this is gonna do is make the kid cry cause there was no toy. You want less obese kids?! tell the parents to do their damn jobs!

/rant

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
As long as Burger King can keep including Pokemon cards in their Big Kid meals, then I'm fine.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
As long as Burger King can keep including Pokemon cards in their Big Kid meals, then I'm fine.

They do that? Do you have a spare room? And money you don't need and/or don't guard closely enough?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
Fast food toys are wastes of plastic.                                                                                                               

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
Sorta, but that goes for nearly every toy in existence.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Like taking toys out of it is going to help, laxed parents will be lax and fat kids with become fat.

Like you said, it will only make kids cry. I got fast food but I kept my metabolism up by also eating spicy foods and also eating healthy. I'm still a god damn twig no matter how much stuff I eat, I barely even get a belly when eating.  :-\

Fight the power and blame the parents. Its almost always their fault for giving into their kids whining or just letting them eat all they want.
That would be a simulation of the fabric of space-time bending back upon itself

theonlydann

• Official Member
Like taking toys out of it is going to help, laxed parents will be lax and fat kids with become fat.

Like you said, it will only make kids cry. I got fast food but I kept my metabolism up by also eating spicy foods and also eating healthy. I'm still a god damn twig no matter how much stuff I eat, I barely even get a belly when eating.  :-\

Fight the power and blame the parents. Its almost always their fault for giving into their kids whining or just letting them eat all they want.
How can a kid who is already fat... become fat?

The whining of a child is quite a powerful force.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
Meh, diet isn't the issue so much as exercise. If you have the cash, buying the kid games is easier than taking them to the park.

theonlydann

• Official Member

The whining of a child is quite a powerful force.
Which is why you raise your wiener kid in a way that doesn't reward whining... so they don't cponstantly whine and break you down. Parents are pussies these days.
Meh, diet isn't the issue so much as exercise. If you have the cash, buying the kid games is easier than taking them to the park.
Wrong. Diet is way more the issue than exercise. It's a lot easier to NOT EAT 1000 calories than it is to work off 1000 calories. Not saying exercise isn't important, especially to kids... but if i had to choose between my kid eating healthy and my kid exercising regularly, i would choose healthy eating.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
Kids don't actually absorb that much, what with their fast metabolisms and teeny little short digestive tracts. Until I was 14 I had an absurdly healthy diet and no exercise (not exaggerating, no sports/games/running-around at all), now I eat shit and I'm still healthier than ever before.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/28/fast.food.toys.california/index.html?hpt=C1

What the hell is this gonna actually solve? All this is gonna do is make the kid cry cause there was no toy. You want less obese kids?! tell the parents to do their damn jobs!

/rant

I support this motion... Kids annoy me.

In terms of diet and fitnessI've somehow lost 2 pounds over the last couple of months without much increase in excercise (The most I do is an 8 mile cycle ride to work) and eating junk.

Maybe I have a tapeworm...

theonlydann

• Official Member
Kids don't actually absorb that much, what with their fast metabolisms and teeny little short digestive tracts. Until I was 14 I had an absurdly healthy diet and no exercise (not exaggerating, no sports/games/running-around at all), now I eat shit and I'm still healthier than ever before.
Fat kids would beg to differ.

I'm glad eating habits you are taught when you are young have no effect on you later in life.

As to the second part... are you trying to tell me... you are healthier now... than when you had a healthy diet? What are you basing this on? Weight? Please expand on this BS.

Its almost always their fault for giving into their kids whining or just letting them eat all they want.

Fixed. People don't seem to realise these days that kids can't force you to buy them shitty food. When you buy them shitty food, it's your fault for being a shitty parent (yeah, I went there). Harden the fuck up and tell the little shits to shut up or they can go hungry for the night (because contrary to common belief, people won't starve to death in a night. It's okay, precious Timmy isn't going to die on you).

Even better, don't be a faggot of a parent in the first place and you won't have to deal with this kind of faggotry.

/RAGE
When I was 5 years old my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote down "happy."
They told me I didn't understand the assignment.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor

I'm glad eating habits you are taught when you are young have no effect on you later in life.

As to the second part... are you trying to tell me... you are healthier now... than when you had a healthy diet? What are you basing this on? Weight? Please expand on this BS.

Not weight, of course I weigh more now than I did when I was nine. BMI, body fat percentage, ability in relation to my peers (and they didn't get fat), general sense of wellbeing. Also, I've lost 16lb in the last year and dropped 8% body fat without any special effort.

theonlydann

• Official Member

Not weight, of course I weigh more now than I did when I was nine. BMI, body fat percentage, ability in relation to my peers (and they didn't get fat), general sense of wellbeing. Also, I've lost 16lb in the last year and dropped 8% body fat without any special effort.
None of this is pointing to health. Its pointing to weight loss.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor

Your complaint was not that they are unhealthy, it's that they're fat.

theonlydann

• Official Member

Correct. But you said YOU were healthier now than you were when you had a more healthful diet.

Also, Fat kids are unhealthy.

EnigmaZV

There is a small percentage of fat people who are healthy.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

theonlydann

• Official Member
NO YOU

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor

Correct. But you said YOU were healthier now than you were when you had a more healthful diet.

Given that I am faster, stronger, harder and lighter than before I'd call that a general health boost. Also, I get fewer illnesses.

theonlydann

• Official Member

Given that I am faster, stronger, harder and lighter than before I'd call that a general health boost. Also, I get fewer illnesses.
None of that points towards health. Professional athletes are stronger faster better harder, but that doesn't mean they are healthy.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor

None of that points towards health. Professional athletes are stronger faster better harder, but that doesn't mean they are healthy.

Really?

theonlydann

• Official Member

Really?
Was Gaines Adams Healthy?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
As a horse. Until he died. Then, not so much.

theonlydann

• Official Member
You're silly and post things that make me squee.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
Skinny doesn't equal healthy. Bulimia anyone?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor

Nobody said it did.

theonlydann

• Official Member

Nobody said it did.
I don't know where he got that from. CR90 is dumb and should be shushing it up a notch.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Interestingly, if you read 'the very hungry caterpillar' backwards it's a story about a bulimic butterfly.

(If you read the Bible backwards it's the story of Jesus who came down to Earth, died in a cave, had his corpse hung from a cross until some kind Romans healed the wounds with their magic spears and whips. Jesus toured the Holy Lands getting fewer and fewer followers as he performed all sorts of mean tricks like blinding a sighted person, spreading leprosy, turning wine into water and killing Lazarus before 3 wise men came and stole his presents.)