Flight Times?

• 80 Replies

parsec

Re: Flight Times?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »
It was just a variation on a comment that another member made and I sigged.
Good times.

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
It's hard for me to tell what craziness people honestly believe and what they're just pretending to for laughs.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2010, 01:18:03 AM »

And I would appreciate it if you sigged this one too.

Sliver

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 07:01:44 AM »

And I would appreciate it if you sigged this one too.
Good to see you do not disagree with my statement of just how ridiculous your comment was.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »
Because it's observed that the distances are about 4x what the are compared to RE.

Time remains constant, distance increases, speed must also increase proportionally.

I thought even you would figure that.

You're neglecting the use of so-called "great circle flying". Take the flight paths of planes and apply them to a map of the Flat Earth, you'll see that often when they claim to be taking a giant curve they're taking a straight line of equivalent distance.

Actually, for the Southern Hemisphere, they are making it even longer.

You fucked up good time then.

Need a diagram?

I'm actually starting to believe you might be simple.

ED: Here you go

I: Shortest route (According to Flat Earth only)
II: Line of Latitude
III: Flight path (Shortest route according to Round Earth)

As we all know, this is why it works:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:28:17 PM by flyingmonkey »

parsec

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
Because it's observed that the distances are about 4x what the are compared to RE.

Time remains constant, distance increases, speed must also increase proportionally.

You're neglecting the use of so-called "great circle flying". Take the flight paths of planes and apply them to a map of the Flat Earth, you'll see that often when they claim to be taking a giant curve they're taking a straight line of equivalent distance.

Need a diagram?

Hence, I asked you to draw the flight path from Sydney to Santiago.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »

Need a diagram?

Will do.

parsec

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »

Need a diagram?

Will do.

Notice the disclaimer on the website:
http://gc.kls2.com/faq.html

This information may not be accurate or current and is not valid for navigation or flight planning. No warranty of fitness for any purpose is made or implied.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2010, 10:00:23 PM »
Flying eastbound, tail winds make it advantageous to fly a more southerly route even though it is longer. The great circle route is the same in either direction but is only used for the westbound, ORD-HKG flight, which would encounter substantial head winds if it flew the more southerly route.

It doesn't matter, any flight that has headwinds will fly via a great circle arc to it's destination.

This is what you cannot explain.

Sliver

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 06:59:45 AM »
Here you go.  I posted this in a thread you ignored.  The flights are from Sydney to Buenos Aires, but I figure that's close enough.

parsec

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:10 AM »
Here you go.  I posted this in a thread you ignored.  The flights are from Sydney to Buenos Aires, but I figure that's close enough.

The current route is not the shortest path according to RE. Why is that?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »

The current route is not the shortest path according to RE. Why is that?
Because the airlines are run by Satan worshiping eco-terrorists.  Please try to keep up, will you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:10 PM »
In the Outer Hemiplane, Qantas (aka Satan-Q) and other great airline-satans misrepresent their flight route. What the fellows posting diagrams fail to understand is that the airlines are flying the straight route, not the curved route, in those cases. In the inner hemiplane, where commonly recognizable geographical features are more common, they do, in fact, comply with great circle flying. Nobody can tell the difference between two areas of homogenous ocean, but people can tell the difference between, say, Greenland and the ocean quite easily.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
In the Outer Hemiplane, Qantas (aka Satan-Q) and other great airline-satans misrepresent their flight route. What the fellows posting diagrams fail to understand is that the airlines are flying the straight route, not the curved route, in those cases. In the inner hemiplane, where commonly recognizable geographical features are more common, they do, in fact, comply with great circle flying. Nobody can tell the difference between two areas of homogenous ocean, but people can tell the difference between, say, Greenland and the ocean quite easily.

So you don't think that passengers going from Sydney to Buenos Aires would notice that they were flying over much of South America and the United States when they should be flying over open ocean?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:06:33 PM by markjo »

Sliver

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »

So you don't think that passengers going from Sydney to Buenos Aires would notice that they were flying over much of South America and the United States when they should be flying over open ocean?
You beat me to it, buddy.

?

trig

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
Careful, James! By admitting that great circle routes exist you are declaring that we live in fact over a sphere! And we thought you were a real FE'er...

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »
It all comes down to distance.  How far the two points are in either theory.  If we know the earth is flat(proven by ENaG) then the "routes" you suggested cannot be correct.  The mapping process of flat earth should be our utmost priority.  Its the only way to squash these rumors of great circles in the southern hemiplane not working.  Obviously they do. 

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »
(proven by ENaG)

I'm pretty sure that makes it just you and Tom that believe that.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
(proven by ENaG)

I'm pretty sure that makes it just you and Tom that believe that.

The truth is out there.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »
Forward motion doesn't stop with thrown objects when they reach the top of their arc, as ENaG would have you believe.

That book is more holey than righteous.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »
The truth is out there.

Cue closing credits and spooky music.