Flight Times?

• 80 Replies
Flight Times?
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:19:17 PM »
These are something that no FEer has a good answer for.

http://flightaware.com/

People use this site every day to track when a loved one is arriving at an airport.

If the earth is flat then this site is either part of the conspiracy, or completely wrong and should've been shut down by now.

So the conspiracy keeps growing?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Flight Times?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »
Has it escaped your attention that the aerospace industry is one giant hotbed of globularist lies?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Has it escaped your attention that the aerospace industry is one giant hotbed of globularist lies?

Including all of it's customers? Thanks for that amazing piece of sourced information.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:24:59 PM »

Including all of it's customers? Thanks for that amazing piece of sourced information.

No, why would its customers be involved in the deception? I have flown in a plane before, I am not part of the conspiracy.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Lorddave

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »

No, why would its customers be involved in the deception? I have flown in a plane before, I am not part of the conspiracy.

We can't trust you.  You admitted to flying a plane.
The only logical response is that you're faking being a true believer to gain the trust of the FEers and spy on them for the conspiracy.  Perhaps even sabotage if needed.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »
Please do not make personal attacks against other members.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »

So all pilots and air traffic controllers are in on the conspiracy. Correct?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »

No, not at all. Why would they be?

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »

No, not at all. Why would they be?

Because they navigate earth every single day with a Round Earth model, and it works. It's indisputable. We would either hear about the mistakes or you have to at least concede that the Flat Earth model requires that most pilots and air traffic controllers be in on the conspiracy.

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
Please do not make personal attacks against other members.

It's not a personal attack.  I'm just questioning your credibility.  Don't you question mine?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »

Does that include publicly publishing flight schedules and actual flight times that can be verified by passengers?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »

Sliver

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
Now you're saying a tailwind is capable of pushing a plane from 500 mph to over 776 mph, with no one on board hearing the sonic boom it created?

parsec

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
Now you're saying a tailwind is capable of pushing a plane from 500 mph to over 776 mph, with no one on board hearing the sonic boom it created?
notice that sonic boom has to do with the relative speed of an object with respect to the surrounding air.

Sliver

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
notice that sonic boom has to do with the relative speed of an object with respect to the surrounding air.
Sigh.  Even is such a tail wind were possible, that would mean a headwind of equal velocity would affect air travel going the opposite direction.  This would reek havoc on those flights.  I mean flying into winds that could speed a plane up by hundreds of miles per hour would be suicide.  I mean if they can speed the plane up by more the 200 mph, they can slow it down by just as much. 

The Question1

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
And by that you mean?
I stopped being lazy and googled it.
I wasn't aware of tailwinds that could speed up an aircraft so much,and that occur so often.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:47:51 PM by The Question1 »

parsec

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
Sigh.  Even is such a tail wind were possible, that would mean a headwind of equal velocity would affect air travel going the opposite direction.  This would reek havoc on those flights.  I mean flying into winds that could speed a plane up by hundreds of miles per hour would be suicide.  I mean if they can speed the plane up by more the 200 mph, they can slow it down by just as much. 
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/dynamics/q0027.shtml

The Question1

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
Well you learn something new everyday.

Sliver

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
Fair enough, but then you understand that changes everything we currently know about wind currents.  See, because for tailwind to be the explanation of the flight times in the southern hemisphere, you have to make them go not only east to west at a constant speed, but also, west to east.  This way planes going in both directions can use them on every trip.  See, that's the problem with tailwinds, you can't always catch them.  Sometimes, you get hit with a headwind.  You also, have to look at the FES map and then explain why these magic tailwinds do not affect any flights in the northern hemisphere.  And then you have to explain why the airlines, who have this love of money, aren't using them to make ALL of their flights shorter, thus allowing them to make more flights, and thus more money.  See, that's the problem with the whole FET bullshit.  There's so much more bullshit you have to come up with just to make the first piece of bullshit work.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!

I don't get why you're posting this...are you saying that the flight data compiled on numerous sites is accurate?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »
Tailwind FTW!!
Unfortunately FET is currently unable to give accurate distances between locations in the southern hemiplane, so it's impossible to calculate what velocity tailwinds would be required to explain observed flight times.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 01:32:22 PM »
The timetables of airlines are completely accurate. What I'm disputing is their alleged speeds, which are, for the most part, controlled by onboard computers.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
The timetables of airlines are completely accurate. What I'm disputing is their alleged speeds, which are, for the most part, controlled by onboard computers.

Without knowing how far apart airports in the southern hemiplane really are, it's impossible to know what kind of speeds are required to meet those timetables.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »

How is anyone able to service the planes if they function differently than expected? You have to at least concede that the conspiracy spreads to all airplane mechanics if you're going to assert this.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
Plus you wouldn't see planes the shape of flying buses in the Southern Hemisphere if they do not travel at the speeds they say.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »
If the claim is being put forward that flight time accuracy proves the earth is round, this has certainly been debated many times before. 

If you want to further the argument, you will have to lay out your claim point by point.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 02:53:20 AM »
Good to see you again, old friend.

How is anyone able to service the planes if they function differently than expected? You have to at least concede that the conspiracy spreads to all airplane mechanics if you're going to assert this.

Aeroplanes do function as expected. You realise that the actual mechanical engineering of an aircraft doesn't prescribe a single speed, that there is actually a range of possible speeds?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 03:28:30 AM »
Because they navigate earth every single day with a Round Earth model, and it works. It's indisputable. We would either hear about the mistakes or you have to at least concede that the Flat Earth model requires that most pilots and air traffic controllers be in on the conspiracy.

Birds like to fly in the wake of fast-moving vessels, often close enough to nudge the vessel itself. The collective force of a lot of birds all nudging the vessel causes it to move faster.

This is one account for why travel times appear distorted.  No need to bring pilots and air traffic controllers into the fold.

Sliver

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 04:15:13 AM »

Birds like to fly in the wake of fast-moving vessels, often close enough to nudge the vessel itself. The collective force of a lot of birds all nudging the vessel causes it to move faster.

This is one account for why travel times appear distorted.  No need to bring pilots and air traffic controllers into the fold.
You seriously just pulled that out of your ass, didn't you?  If that's the case, don't you think people would have reported a huge fucking flock of birds pushing a 747?  I know if I was on a flight and looked out the window to see a shit load of birds pushing the plane, I'd not only tell someone, I'd take some pictures.  I take it you have pictures of the phenomena?  I mean, if it's as common as you suggest.

See, this is why I posted my theory that this whole FET thing is just a lie.  You have no actual way to prove any of it, so you have to make things up as you go along.