Antimoon?!?!?!

• 209 Replies
Re: Antimoon?!?!?!
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2010, 07:46:12 AM »
But where is your evidence that this object exists at all?  I mean, if it was up there, at some point we would see it, even during the day, just like we can the moon.  Either post proof of this object or, just admit you have none.
"Go outside."
Well I went outside, and I dont see it. James were just asking you to let us know where it might be. I live in Florida, I have no idea what 'zone' that is on your flat earth map. Just let me know where to look so I can further help us understand eachother and come to a conclusion on whether the Earth is flat or not.
That would be a simulation of the fabric of space-time bending back upon itself

Sliver

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2010, 07:51:55 AM »
But where is your evidence that this object exists at all?  I mean, if it was up there, at some point we would see it, even during the day, just like we can the moon.  Either post proof of this object or, just admit you have none.

what happens with eclipses?!
Your post just made me think of another few questions for the FE'ers.  I'll number them so you guys don't miss any.

1.  What is the size of the antimoon, how far away is it, and exactly how does it cover the sun and moon in an eclipse?  
2.  Does it touch the surface of the sun or moon?  
3.  Does it float in front of it?  
4.  How far apart are they during the eclipse?  
5.  And how did you figure all this out?

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2010, 07:54:06 AM »
But where is your evidence that this object exists at all?  I mean, if it was up there, at some point we would see it, even during the day, just like we can the moon.  Either post proof of this object or, just admit you have none.

Your post just made me think of another few questions for the FE'ers.  I'll number them so you guys don't miss any.

1.  What is the size of the antimoon, how far away is it, and exactly how does it cover the sun and moon in an eclipse?  

I'll guess his responses.
1.Its about the size of the regular moon.
2.No.
3. In front of what?
4. The exact middle of the orbit of the moon and earth.
5.We saw it outside and calculated the information and observed with a telescope.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »

5.  And how did you figure all this out?
5.We saw it outside and calculated the information and observed with a telescope.

I'd actually love to see what they have to say about this one.

Seeing as it is unable to be observed with any equipment what-so-ever.

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:14 AM »

5.  And how did you figure all this out?

I'd actually love to see what they have to say about this one.

Seeing as it is unable to be observed with any equipment what-so-ever.
Seriously? Its NOT?

Hot damn how would they explain it.

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
I don't know, I've looked at the moon through a telescope and there seems to appear that there is a  shadow on its surface. So if there is an anti-moon that's a flat circle in shape, why is it that when you look at the moon, it doesn't look like there is anything blocking out the stars as two overlapping circles would show? How come it looks like a shadow when I look at it through my telescope. If it's a shadow, and the stars where this anti-moon would be hanging off the real moon do not disappear. I have come to the conclusion based on the scientific method, that it is a shadow. Here is my study:

1 - Ask a question
     Is there an Anti-Moon?

2 - Do the research.
     There is apparently a 'documented' case where stars disappear from the sky according to this forum. I cannot find any information outside of here, although that does not necessarily mean that it does not exist.

3 - Form a  Hypothesis.
     I want to try and prove the existence of another celestial body between Earth and the Moon. I believe there is not one, but will try to disprove this belief.

4 - Test this hypothesis.
     When I observe the moon at night through a telescope, It appears to me that the moon has a shadow cast on it not unlike shining a flashlight on a beach ball, with a smaller beach ball behind it. If the ball is off-center, the light that is not blocked by the first ball will be cast onto the smaller ball, revealing the shadow of what would seem like a 'crescent'. This shadow would explain why the stars next to the moon do not also disappear. If the existence of an ''anti-moon" was true, I conclude that it would be visible in regions blotting stars out, and during a full moon said object would be observable through a telescopic lens. The stars would also be blotted out by this solid object that has enough mass to cut the light from 'mother moon'. Not on a "Oh, there have been reported cases of this" level, but on a constant, irrefutable level. I also observed that in the shaded regions of the moon, the craters are identical and viable to the eye. This phenomena can only be explained by a shadow. Furthermore. I must ask how either the moon or the anti-moon are suspended over us, because according to this place, any orbit is impossible.

5 - Analyze Data
     In my observations, I found that the stars near the dark side of the moon were completely visible. This concludes without a doubt that if there were an object there with mass enough to block the light from reaching earth so that we would see it as a 'crescent', than it would have blocked out the stars near the dark side also.

6 - Report Results
     The results of my study can be reproduced by anyone who has a telescope and an open mind to the truth. I came to the conclusion that if there was a celestial body large enough to block out the light reflected from the sun (Or radiated from 'mother moon') than it would also be powerful enough to, on a rather constant basis, block out the stars. If this is not true, and I cannot locate any object in the sky matching the description of the Anti-Moon, I must conclude that it does not exist. The dark parts of the moon must be created by a shadow, not by another object. Furthermore, I would have to ask that if it is another object, than why is it that in my results, I see the craters of the moon still in the shaded portions. These craters are the same as when the moon is full.

There... For all of you wondering how the scientific method works. Please refer to this study. Your anti-moon has been debunked by science. Not only can this study be made, but it can be reproduced without getting a different result. That, in the realm of science, is proven to be a fact. Please, report your findings as I have if you wish to contest me. For all of you looking for a visual representation of this scientific method, please refer here so you can even get the pretty colors too...

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentoring/project_scientific_method.shtml

You cannot combat hard, physical evidence that anyone with a telescope can observe on a clear night. Don't try to disprove this with "Conspiracy!" "Kill the non-believer!" or any of that crap. Anyone with an eye, and an open mind can go out and see this to be true. If it is not, please explain to me in great detail why it is the way you believe it.

;D Convert Me! ;D

Ooooh, Pwnt by the noob!

Good day...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:49:52 AM by justaquestion »

Lorddave

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
I'm sorry justaquestion but your failing to factor in something key...

In a FET universe, anything is possible.  So the Anti-moon, in a FET universe, could change shape and only block out moonlight but not starlight.

I'm sorry but it's impossible to disprove FET when FET doesn't allow the laws of physics to exist.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2010, 12:28:33 PM »
c: You're entirely right

In a world where 1 + 1 equals 1 but bigger. Where satellites cannot sustain orbit, but apparently a moon does just fine, When the world is flat, and the water is held in by a giant wall of ice and land, anything is possible! You cannot disprove the basis for a nice sci-fi novel! No, you use crappy 1800's books and such. When confronted with a real question you ignore it and dodge to some typo the one asking made!

Science is a sham! The world is flat and there is nothing we can do about it! Its all a conspiracy!

I still wanna know about my stars...

:P

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
You have obviously never looked in the night sky because both Globularists and Zeteticists agree about the existence of the Antimoon. It is literally common knowledge and visible to the naked eye, it has been known about since antiquity. You are really making yourself look stupid here by denying it just for the sake of your flawed beliefs, and because - oh no! - it happens to explain an FE phenomenon.

Globularists and Zeteticists vs. The rest of the world; So these cults can see the anti-moon (and apparently it is infront of our faces) but I cannot?  I've watched the skys since I was a young lad and never have I been able to infer the existence of an object that "blots" out the stars in the sky.  There are people whos jobs require them to arduously search the sky on a daily (nightly?) basis yet no one has ever come across this anti-moon or even noticed an inconsistency that would indicate the existance of a dark mobile object.

So please, if it is so obvious that this thing exists, take a picture and show us.  Shouldn't take you more than a few minutes since you've "shown" us that you can easily find it.  Don't you think you could convince us easier just by proving it right here and now?  Actually this leads me to another question.  If your cults are so adamant about the existence of the anti-moon, why have none of them captured a photograph of it?  In fact, why is there no proof what-so-ever that there is an anti-moon?

Am I right in thinking that you consider yourself neither a globularist nor a zeteticist? What shape do you believe the Earth to be?

With regard to your request, I don't see why I should be required to do so when a) I don't have a digital camera, b) I do not as a general rule wish to expose myself to the Moon's harmful rays and c) tonight is the night of the full Moon, the most dangerous night of the month, during which if I venture outside for any substantial period of time I am significantly more likely to be bitten by deranged animals or mugged, let alone exposing myself to the full force of the Moon's degenerative rays. I don't want to go mad, blind or any other number of things.

Why can't you just go outside and look for it? Why haven't you already seen it, many times? I have to doubt your claim that you have been looking at the sky so often.

Yes. Thermal Detonator is right. And no James, we do not not believe it because it is a "FE phenomenon. We don't believe it because we don't see it when you say it's obvious. And I thought you were going to pinpoint the location of the antimoon?

It is too dangerous outside.

If the antimoon is such a well known topic..... how come wikipedia only has this for antimoon?

- http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimoon

Why should discrepancies in the content of a freely editable internet encyclopedia be good reason to deny what is plainly true, and widely known? I've noticed that many of our current on-site globularists tend to put their faith in Wikipedia, since presumably they find the rigors of reading actual scientific documents too daunting. Wikipedia is a hotbed of inaccuracy. It is not respected as a source by any academic, globularist or planarist, and for good reason.

I have come to the conclusion based on the scientific method, that it is a shadow.

You have clearly not even bothered to read the very first chapter of our most canonical literature, how presumptous of you. Earth Not a Globe Chapter I: "Zetetic and Theoretic defined and compared". Theoretic Scientific Method is epistemologically bankrupt. Only Zetetic Scientific Method can result in true justified knowledge of the universe.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
Quote from: Paranoid Moon Guy
...tonight is the night of the full Moon, the most dangerous night of the month, during which if I venture outside for any substantial period of time I am significantly more likely to be bitten by deranged animals or mugged, let alone exposing myself to the full force of the Moon's degenerative rays. I don't want to go mad, blind or any other number of things.

I have a suggestion: wait until May 13th.  That's the closest coming new moon, meaning the entire night will not have a moon in the sky.  Be careful, though, as that's the time of the month when the moon is out DURING THE DAY.  I'm not sure how you feel about "moonlight" when it comes to that.  Do you spend half the month nocturnally, and the other half of the month normally?  Is "moonlight" not just as apparent when the moon is out during the day?

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2010, 02:06:20 PM »
I see people go outside all the time,they seem to be in perfect health.
Also,if its widely known you can provide a link right?

Lorddave

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
I see people go outside all the time,they seem to be in perfect health.
Also,if its widely known you can provide a link right?

The funny part is that it's the Sunlight that does the damage.  I can stand in the sun and die.  The moon... not so much.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »
I'm really curious about his thoughts on new moons now, the time of the month when the moon is out during the day and is completely absent at night.

?

Rahimz

• Creepers
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »
You have obviously never looked in the night sky because both Globularists and Zeteticists agree about the existence of the Antimoon. It is literally common knowledge and visible to the naked eye, it has been known about since antiquity. You are really making yourself look stupid here by denying it just for the sake of your flawed beliefs, and because - oh no! - it happens to explain an FE phenomenon.

Globularists and Zeteticists vs. The rest of the world; So these cults can see the anti-moon (and apparently it is infront of our faces) but I cannot?  I've watched the skys since I was a young lad and never have I been able to infer the existence of an object that "blots" out the stars in the sky.  There are people whos jobs require them to arduously search the sky on a daily (nightly?) basis yet no one has ever come across this anti-moon or even noticed an inconsistency that would indicate the existance of a dark mobile object.

So please, if it is so obvious that this thing exists, take a picture and show us.  Shouldn't take you more than a few minutes since you've "shown" us that you can easily find it.  Don't you think you could convince us easier just by proving it right here and now?  Actually this leads me to another question.  If your cults are so adamant about the existence of the anti-moon, why have none of them captured a photograph of it?  In fact, why is there no proof what-so-ever that there is an anti-moon?

Am I right in thinking that you consider yourself neither a globularist nor a zeteticist? What shape do you believe the Earth to be?

With regard to your request, I don't see why I should be required to do so when a) I don't have a digital camera, b) I do not as a general rule wish to expose myself to the Moon's harmful rays and c) tonight is the night of the full Moon, the most dangerous night of the month, during which if I venture outside for any substantial period of time I am significantly more likely to be bitten by deranged animals or mugged, let alone exposing myself to the full force of the Moon's degenerative rays. I don't want to go mad, blind or any other number of things.

Why can't you just go outside and look for it? Why haven't you already seen it, many times? I have to doubt your claim that you have been looking at the sky so often.

Yes. Thermal Detonator is right. And no James, we do not not believe it because it is a "FE phenomenon." We don't believe it because we don't see it when you say it's obvious. And I thought you were going to pinpoint the location of the antimoon?

It is too dangerous outside.

If the antimoon is such a well known topic..... how come wikipedia only has this for antimoon?

Why should discrepancies in the content of a freely editable internet encyclopedia be good reason to deny what is plainly true, and widely known? I've noticed that many of our current on-site globularists tend to put their faith in Wikipedia, since presumably they find the rigors of reading actual scientific documents too daunting. Wikipedia is a hotbed of inaccuracy. It is not respected as a source by any academic, globularist or planarist, and for good reason.

I have come to the conclusion based on the scientific method, that it is a shadow.

You have clearly not even bothered to read the very first chapter of our most canonical literature, how presumptous of you. Earth Not a Globe Chapter I: "Zetetic and Theoretic defined and compared". Theoretic Scientific Method is epistemologically bankrupt. Only Zetetic Scientific Method can result in true justified knowledge of the universe.

Ok, I'm going to answer everything in the bold. First of all, I am NOT a globularist or a zeteticist, especially since the spell checker says there are no such words. Secondly, I believe in a flat round earth. Third, I'm pretty sure you can spend $200. If you can't, want us to pitch in? We'll be glad to, even though you are a crazy-minded werewolf who believes in a round flat Earth. Fourth of all, prove the moon's rays are harmful, with some up-to-date references. 5th, you are mad already, so yeah... 6th, sure, its too dangerous to go outside anytime. You could get robbed, mugged, or murdered. 2012 could happen early, or you could abducted by aliens. You could get hit by a solar flare (oh wait, that's for the RET), etc. etc. Seventh of all, I want to take a quote from you. "Why should discrepancies in the content of a freely editable internet encyclopedia be good reason to deny what is plainly true, and widely known?" I just love this. Why should the FE'ers link to the Flat Earth Society Wiki for proof? Doesn't that just not help? At all? Because it is bias? And it is the same website? And if it is plainly true, why haven't I heard of any of this CRAP before I joined the Flat Earth Society?

So what do you have to say now, James?
The Flat Earth Society is awesome

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

Why should discrepancies in the content of a freely editable internet encyclopedia be good reason to deny what is plainly true, and widely known?

Because it was honestly the only thing I could find that was about a "antimoon" besides a website advertising to help me learn English and a someone pleased that Obama has stoped a project to return to the Moon. Indeed, what are these articles you talk about, in which globlarists say they believe in the antimoon?
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »
The moon has harmful rays?

I have camped out under the stars my whole youth and still do today.
Harmful? Yes if you are a werewolf and only to your victims.

What a joke. I believe in a round not spherical earth and to have you say the moons rays are so harmful you will not take a photograph just goes to show you are another hate monger who is here only to mock us who truly believe.

Go away James!

To the people who truly believe how do we get people like this banned?

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »
You see, John Davis is not angry about him saying lol, he's angry that he's a RE'er. Am I right or am I right?
I'm not angry at anyone.  I enforce when someone habitually posts low content posts.  He has been warned and banned about this in the past and the forums are constantly getting worse and worse.  As Jack says though, lets keep it on topic.

I'd love to know what the shadow object is known as in RE science too.

Don't act like that wasn't an act of anger... it's obvious.
He makes structured posts all the time; more than most people, in fact.

And just so the hand of communism does not come down on me, I'll stay on topic.

I am neither.  I don't associate myself with any groups, cults or religions.  I believe the Earth is a sphere for reasons obviously above you.

A. I am not requiring you to do anything, I was asking you politely to make your life easier by showing us proof instead of leading a wild goose chase
B. Get a friggen' camera, it's 2010.
C. The moon does not emit harmful rays... don't even say another word about that hogwash.  What the hell are you doing walking around in the day time if you are so afraid of harmful energy rays?
D. Where the hell are you going where you are going to get bitten by deranged animals?!  Where the hell are you going where you are going to get mugged?!!  Do you have a PORCH or a BACKYARD?
E. You already are mad, blind and all of those other things.
F. I can't believe your last statement... what the hell gives you the indication that I do not view the stars as much as I say I do?  Because I don't see your fake anti-stupid-invisible-but-apparently-obvious-moon?!!!!?  Listen, I've watched the stars all of my life, I seriously doubt you even peak at the sky since you're so damn afraid of the moon death beams.

?

Rahimz

• Creepers
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »
You see, John Davis is not angry about him saying lol, he's angry that he's a RE'er. Am I right or am I right?
I'm not angry at anyone.  I enforce when someone habitually posts low content posts.  He has been warned and banned about this in the past and the forums are constantly getting worse and worse.  As Jack says though, lets keep it on topic.

I am neither.  I don't associate myself with any groups, cults or religions.  I believe the Earth is a sphere for reasons obviously above you.

A. I am not requiring you to do anything, I was asking you politely to make your life easier by showing us proof instead of leading a wild goose chase
C. The moon does not emit harmful rays... don't even say another word about that hogwash.  What the hell are you doing walking around in the day time if you are so afraid of harmful energy rays?
D. Where the hell are you going where you are going to get bitten by deranged animals?!  Where the hell are you going where you are going to get mugged?!!  Do you have a PORCH or a BACKYARD?
F. I can't believe your last statement... what the hell gives you the indication that I do not view the stars as much as I say I do?  Because I don't see your fake anti-stupid-invisible-but-apparently-obvious-moon?!!!!?  Listen, I've watched the stars all of my life, I seriously doubt you even peak at the sky since you're so damn afraid of the moon death beams.

Besides the last one, everything you said was THE SAME SHIT I SAID. Not saying it was bad, just saying maybe you didn't read? ??? But really, I think everyone besides James has gone out in the moonlight, because everyone besides James aren't werewolves.

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »

Besides the last one, everything you said was THE SAME SHIT I SAID. Not saying it was bad, just saying maybe you didn't read? ??? But really, I think everyone besides James has gone out in the moonlight, because everyone besides James aren't werewolves.

The man asked me a question, and then some.

I gave him an answer, and then some.

?

Rahimz

• Creepers
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »

The man asked me a question, and then some.

I gave him an answer, and then some.

lol. but where is he? isnt he like supposed to like prove us like wrong like?

Sliver

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »

Come on, John!  Try answering these 5 questions.

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2010, 04:39:22 AM »
tonight is the night of the full Moon, the most dangerous night of the month, during which if I venture outside for any substantial period of time I am significantly more likely to be bitten by deranged animals or mugged, let alone exposing myself to the full force of the Moon's degenerative rays. I don't want to go mad, blind or any other number of things.

┐How many people do you know wich has gone blind or mad due to moonlight? ┐Do you know the millions of people that daily expose themselves to moonlight and nothing happens to them?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »
I have a suggestion: wait until May 13th.  That's the closest coming new moon, meaning the entire night will not have a moon in the sky.  Be careful, though, as that's the time of the month when the moon is out DURING THE DAY.  I'm not sure how you feel about "moonlight" when it comes to that.  Do you spend half the month nocturnally, and the other half of the month normally?  Is "moonlight" not just as apparent when the moon is out during the day?

When the Moon is out during the day, you should simply be careful to shield your face from the Moon and avoid prolonged exposure. The Sun's rays cancel some of the deleterous effects of Moonlight.

Third, I'm pretty sure you can spend $200. If you can't, want us to pitch in? We'll be glad to, even though you are a crazy-minded werewolf who believes in a round flat Earth.

Excellent, I look forward to having a digital camera, as it is certainly something which I need to continue my study. I'm in the UK, so I don't think you'll be able to send me a cheque in dollars. Can we set up a Money Order instead?

Fourth of all, prove the moon's rays are harmful, with some up-to-date references. 5th, you are mad already, so yeah... 6th, sure, its too dangerous to go outside anytime. You could get robbed, mugged, or murdered.

I know of two peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, complete with data, which show that my claims about Moonlight are completely correct:

Bhattacharjee, C., Bradley, P. et al. (2000) 'Do Animals Bite More During A Full Moon? Retrospective Observational Analysis'. In BMJ: British Medical Journal, Vol. 321, No. 7276. pp. 1559-1561.

Thakur, C. P., & Sharma, D. (1984) 'Full Moon And Crime'. In British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition). Vol. 289, No. 6460. pp. 1789-1791.

Do you have experimental data which contradicts their findings? If so, I suggest you contact the British Medical Journal and have it published!!!

And if it is plainly true, why haven't I heard of any of this CRAP before I joined the Flat Earth Society?

Because you are clearly rather ignorant when it comes to scientific matters.

Rahimz has agreed to buy me one. Once he sends me the money, I will attempt to photograph the Antimoon if you wish.

What do you make of the studies I have cited above? They contain a large amount of experimental data which indicates that you are completely incorrect on this issue. How do you propose to argue your case against them?

As I said, it has been scientifically proven that Moonlight has these effects. If you have sufficient evidence to back up your seemingly antiscientific claims, I suggest you submit it promptly the the BMJ for peer-review.

The fact that you've never noticed the third largest celestial body in the night sky has something to do with it.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:53 AM »
James, you claimed that the moon caused blindness or even DEATH, from the title of those books it doesnt appear to invovle that but instead mental degeneration. I would like to see the claims of blindness and death, and if so could you give me a qoute from said sources. Please, of course.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:15 AM »
James, you claimed that the moon caused blindness or even DEATH, from the title of those books it doesnt appear to invovle that but instead mental degeneration. I would like to see the claims of blindness and death, and if so could you give me a qoute from said sources. Please, of course.

Its common knowledge.  The English navy even made regulations concerning it.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
tonight is the night of the full Moon, the most dangerous night of the month, during which if I venture outside for any substantial period of time I am significantly more likely to be bitten by deranged animals or mugged, let alone exposing myself to the full force of the Moon's degenerative rays. I don't want to go mad, blind or any other number of things.

┐How many people do you know wich has gone blind or mad due to moonlight? ┐Do you know the millions of people that daily expose themselves to moonlight and nothing happens to them?

« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:46 PM »
Quote from: Potential Werewolf?
When the Moon is out during the day, you should simply be careful to shield your face from the Moon and avoid prolonged exposure. The Sun's rays cancel some of the deleterous effects of Moonlight.

You're just making this up as you go along, huh?

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »

Source?
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Lorddave

« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

What the "no sleeping on Deck" bit?

I thought that was because if you fell off at night (like via sleep walking or rough weather) it would be very hard to find you at night vs the day.

« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »

No, this is obviously made up.  Show me some articles that back any of this hogwash up.

Fourth of all, prove the moon's rays are harmful, with some up-to-date references. 5th, you are mad already, so yeah... 6th, sure, its too dangerous to go outside anytime. You could get robbed, mugged, or murdered.

I know of two peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, complete with data, which show that my claims about Moonlight are completely correct:

Bhattacharjee, C., Bradley, P. et al. (2000) 'Do Animals Bite More During A Full Moon? Retrospective Observational Analysis'. In BMJ: British Medical Journal, Vol. 321, No. 7276. pp. 1559-1561.

Thakur, C. P., & Sharma, D. (1984) 'Full Moon And Crime'. In British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition). Vol. 289, No. 6460. pp. 1789-1791.

Do you have experimental data which contradicts their findings? If so, I suggest you contact the British Medical Journal and have it published!!!

Do you know what false correlation is?  On your first article "Do Animals Bite More During A Full Moon?"

Maybe there are more bites because more people "night" hike and take walks during a full moon... reason being, there is ample light to see!  This study PROVES/SHOWS NOTHING!  The lack of consideration for the previous statement is all I need to see this.

To your second article "Full Moon And Crime."

From the article itself:
"The increased incidence of crimes on full moon days may be due to "human tidal waves" caused by the gravitational pull of the moon."
NOT DEATH BEAMS

Let's make it clear... even though it may sound like I don't... I actually do believe that during a full moon increased aggression is a side-effect (I was just showing my point with my response to your first article).  Not because of moon rays, but because of 2 things. 

1... gravity (the 2nd article supports this, thanks for finding my source)
and
2... it is common for people to believe that aggression will increase during a full moon, therefore it will... it is similar to the observation that was made when thousands of people collectively meditated and processed thoughts of peace/non-violence and the crime rate in the area that they mediated significantly dropped.  If I can find the article I'll post it.  I also understand that this could be subject to false correlation, but it is my personal belief that a collective mindset can resonate literally.

What do you make of the studies I have cited above? They contain a large amount of experimental data which indicates that you are completely incorrect on this issue. How do you propose to argue your case against them?

No my friend, you have interpreted the conclusion of the articles incorrectly.  It states nothing of harmful rays, it only mentions an observed correlation.  Absolutely no BS about moon rays.

As I said, it has been scientifically proven that Moonlight has these effects. If you have sufficient evidence to back up your seemingly antiscientific claims, I suggest you submit it promptly the the BMJ for peer-review.

No again dumb dumb.  I had implied that you were afraid to walk outside of your house/apartment/shack to photograph the anti-fake because of your fear of rabid animals and muggers.  I then asked where the hell you live where you are going to get mugged in your backyard or on your porch.

The fact that you've never noticed the third largest celestial body in the night sky has something to do with it.

Where do you live?  Have you been to flagstaff before? (this is relevant)

I have a profound interest in the cosmos... I watch the evening and night sky every single day, ok?
I can name most stars and constellations in the sky (northern hemisphere); I've watched them rise, and I've watched them set.  I've witnessed countless satellites and countless occurences of the ISS space station passing overhead.  I've tracked the movement of the planets, I watch every single meteor shower (still unexplained by FE by the way) and I've operated a multitude of telescopes and visited many observatories (Kitt Peak, Mount Graham, Lowell for instance).  The damn list goes on, but my point is, you are the ignorant one.  You don't know shit about the cosmos/sky, you're a nut, and your anti-fake DOES NOT EXIST.

That fact that you do see this means you need to stop taking LSD or find a new dealer... jesus...