Re: Nick Clegg won the debate.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 03:27:55 AM »
I agree

Who's Nick Clegg?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 04:14:28 AM »
Both Gordon and Dave tried to get him on their side so that they could collectively pick on the other one, in the same way that kids on my bus will try to use another, slightly nerdy kid who they don't really know as a pawn to try and win an argument.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »
Nick Clegg is the leader of the Liberal Democrats (the non-faggotry party). He managed to stay above the faggotry of the other two leaders in the debate, I believe.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 05:19:16 AM »
Nick Clegg is the leader of the Liberal Democrats (the non-faggotry party). He managed to stay above the faggotry of the other two leaders in the debate, I believe.
Non-faggotry meaning vote-wasting.

Anyway, Cameron's going to win simply because he's not Gordon Brown.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 05:27:06 AM »
I wish that wasn't the case. I think there is some hope for the Lib Dems this time. Official polls suggest Clegg did in fact win the debate.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:56 AM »
He won the debate but whether he can
a)win the next two
b)translate debate success into votes

remains to be seen.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 06:01:09 AM »
He won the debate but whether he can
a)win the next two
b)translate debate success into votes

remains to be seen.

Of course. But I think this is immensely positive for him. Considering it's not impossible he'll be the next prime minister, it's odd how unknown he is.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »
He did.
AGreed, shame it wont mean anything
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
Vote Lib Dem!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
I left it too late to register for a postal vote, there's no way I can send my registration form and then the postal vote after waiting for the ballot to arrive before tuesday :(
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »
Not enought epople will vote lib dem. Can see them being the opposition but nothing more.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 10:55:22 AM »
I figure that if Lib Dem don't win, it will it least make people realise that voting Lib Dem isn't as much of a lost cause as they thought.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 05:04:07 PM »
He did.
AGreed, shame it wont mean anything

Voting Liberal Democrat almost certainly will mean something this time round, unlike previous elections. The odds are that no party will have an outright majority, and that means coalition government. Given how unlikely the prospect of a Labour-Conservative coalition is, the Liberal Democrats will very probably be in government after the election, even if all they do is hold on to their current number of seats.

Now, if Clegg can perform well in the next two debates, he will almost certainly increase the number of seats his party holds, which would make his party serious players in whatever government forms post-election. Whether he can or not is another matter - Cameron and Brown will pay a lot more attention to him come the next debate.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
Cameron and Brown will pay a lot more attention to him come the next debate.

I'm not being hopeful here, but I genuinely doubt that through sheer cynicism. They were at each others throats this time, and completely ignored Clegg at every turn, despite his constant digs at both. Brown kept saying on the point of a reformed HoL "And Nick agrees with me" even though the first time he said it Clegg denied that outright.

Also, Clegg was the only one to suggest any kind of reasoned discussion between parties rather than simply putting his own manifesto through, so he came across as genuinely wanting to improve the country rather than just planting the flag for his party.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Yes, but the problem is that in doing so they miscalculated. Now that all the polls show that Clegg came out of the debate the hands-down winner, Labour and the Conservatives know that by focusing solely on each other they allowed Clegg to appear reasoned, impartial and above the 'petty feuding' of party politics. Both Brown and Cameron want to win over swing voters, and they can't do that if they just attack each other and allow the undecideds to fall into the arms of bipartisan 'not Cameron or Brown' Nick Clegg.

I'm not saying that changing tack will work - it may be inevitable that they become sucked into the same sort of 'one on one' mindset next time. However, I guarantee you they will change tack. These guys are extremely well-prepared, and the people running their campaigns aren't stupid - they know they can't just pretend Clegg isn't there next time, because if they do, the result will be the same.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »
Just so you know, don't add Nick Clegg on Facebook. I did some time last year, and he won't shut the hell up.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
Just so you know, don't add Nick Clegg on Facebook. I did some time last year, and he won't shut the hell up.

Does he keep sending you Farmville requests? That is so annoying.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
Facebook created the 'hide' button for a fucking reason.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 03:04:48 AM »
Watching him on the Paxman interview was fantastic.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 04:43:09 AM »
Facebook created the 'hide' button for a fucking reason.

Oh ok.

Just so you know, don't add Nick Clegg on Facebook. I did some time last year, and he wouldn't shut the hell up. But I pressed 'hide', and he went away. Why am I telling you this? I sure as hell don't know. I resolved the problem, thus making the statement completely uninteresting.