European Space Agency launches satellite to explore the effects of climate chang

• 67 Replies

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
I also don't see why they'd need to lie about it. Telling everyone how a ground based positioning system works isn't going to make the world go "WTF? I thort the world wuz rownd?"
Well it couldn't hurt. Plus they can get paid by launching private satellites.

Yes.... it could hurt. Too many variables, such as someone happening upon your hoax and exposing you, are hardly risks these people would take.

And then you have to take into account the amount of people to be paid off (just paying a select amount of people off is hardly adequete - you underestimate the amount of times the space agencies and other institutions back track their information), the files to cover up(all in the hopes that not a single person will discover them - good luck), the various bits of information (images, videos, locations, etc.) to fake, the active attempts to cover-up the ground sites, a way to get all the powerful radar sites to acknowledge the existance of man-made objects in space, a panel needed to decide what needs to be faked to make it appear as though a space agency is at work, get all the space-faring countries (and those involved in the ISS) to agree to it (in general), somehow make it possible to view a fake ISS from the ground, etc.

Color me bemused by how exceedlying difficult it would be in general for all of these conspiracies to work. Why do people persist to imagine these laughable scenarios showcasing a implausibly complex set of affairs when it is far simpler to envision reality .... like where we have gone to space and have done everything we said we did.

I love this site. It makes me laugh.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Lorddave

I also don't see why they'd need to lie about it. Telling everyone how a ground based positioning system works isn't going to make the world go "WTF? I thort the world wuz rownd?"
Well it couldn't hurt. Plus they can get paid by launching private satellites.

Yes.... it could hurt. Too many variables, such as someone happening upon your hoax and exposing you, are hardly risks these people would take.

And then you have to take into account the amount of people to be paid off (just paying a select amount of people off is hardly adequete - you underestimate the amount of times the space agencies and other institutions back track their information), the files to cover up(all in the hopes that not a single person will discover them - good luck), the various bits of information (images, videos, locations, etc.) to fake, the active attempts to cover-up the ground sites, a way to get all the powerful radar sites to acknowledge the existance of man-made objects in space, a panel needed to decide what needs to be faked to make it appear as though a space agency is at work, get all the space-faring countries (and those involved in the ISS) to agree to it (in general), somehow make it possible to view a fake ISS from the ground, etc.

Color me bemused by how exceedlying difficult it would be in general for all of these conspiracies to work. Why do people persist to imagine these laughable scenarios showcasing a implausibly complex set of affairs when it is far simpler to envision reality .... like where we have gone to space and have done everything we said we did.

I love this site. It makes me laugh.

All that sounds far simpler than for some of these people here to admit they are wrong.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
And exactly how is any signal bounced off the stratosphere from a single point, expanding in a cone shaped field?
Signals are transmitted via waves not straight lines.

Quantum Ab Hoc

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
And exactly how is any signal bounced off the stratosphere from a single point, expanding in a cone shaped field?

The waves still propagate in straight lines from the source.

Lorddave

The waves still propagate in straight lines from the source.

What he said.

I'm sure you did plenty of experiments using water or lasers in your high school science classes to show this.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
The price of the alternatives to transmitters are less than what people pay to launch there private satellites, obivously. Who would they have to pay off to launch to say satellites exist? All they have to do is give people information on how they might work, they deem two or three scientists experts on satellites, so they can be paid in all satellite research and live fat and happy, they agree with the data and the data might actually be accurate given other circumstances, that way they can launch fake satellites for people who are willing to pay, and go on there merry way one satellite richer. Its simple.
All your other requirements are ridiculous.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Lorddave

The price of the alternatives to transmitters are less than what people pay to launch there private satellites, obivously.
Uhhhh huh.  And how much does that cost exactly?  Because even at $5 million there is no way you can cover the area needed.  The cost of putting in power and data lines alone would be astronomical.  I mean, do you know how much it costs to lay a mile of copper cable?
And make no mistake you'd need copper cables because pure radio frequency isn't going to give you the bandwidth you need nor the stability of signal.  And those transmitters would have to be pretty big to generate the frequency needed for all that communications data.
Not only that but it would be VERY easy to detect the EM signal and it's origins.

I'm sorry but it is not possible with ground based transmitters to simulate a sky based signal. 

What about a shiton of wires?
Or a shiton of microradio towers cleverly placed to avoid obstacles.

$$$ Money money money mooooney $$$