Digging a hole

• 19 Replies
?

frozen_berries

Digging a hole
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:33:01 AM »
Hello

Why dont all you flat earthers get together and dig a really deep hole to the other side of the plane?

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
Re: Digging a hole
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:21:46 AM »
That is as practical on a FE as a RE.  In other words, impossible.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
Not impossible, just impractical.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »
You can't dig through molten hot magma.

Xerox

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:32:01 AM »

Agreed, no matter which school of thought you follow.

Catchpa

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:28 AM »
Except if you've studied in Duckburg.
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »
You can't dig through water either, but that doesn't stop off shore drilling.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »

ILL SHOW YOU!

someday  :)

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »

Technically you don't dig through the water silly.

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
Why can't you dig through molten rock?
Or more accurately, sail through?  The only issue is heat and pressure.  If you can deal with those two, everything else shouldn't be a problem.

Well... Aside from the massive heat buildup from drilling the solid rock that would most likely destroy any and all drill bits.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »
Just like you don't dig through molten hot magma (which by definition is molten, so that's a bit redundant).

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
Just like you don't dig through molten hot magma (which by definition is molten, so that's a bit redundant).
Times 3. I've never heard of cold magma either.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »
I want to know what happens at the centre of the core if you get past all the immense pressure and heat.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Lorddave

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
I want to know what happens at the centre of the core if you get past all the immense pressure and heat.

Well, according to Round Earth, the core is surrounded by ionized molten rock mixed with heavy elements like iron.  The core itself is mostly Iron and Nickle.
As the magma spins around the core it creates a magnetic field (flowing ions + metal core = magnet).

When our core finally cools down, life on this planet will be impossible.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »

Well, according to Round Earth, the core is surrounded by ionized molten rock mixed with heavy elements like iron.  The core itself is mostly Iron and Nickle.
As the magma spins around the core it creates a magnetic field (flowing ions + metal core = magnet).

I don't see why. The earth doesn't provide the heat for us to live. The sun does.

Lorddave

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »

I don't see why. The earth doesn't provide the heat for us to live. The sun does.

because the cosmic rays and radiation that are blocked by our magnetic field would get in once the core cools and the field stops being generated.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »

because the cosmic rays and radiation that are blocked by our magnetic field would get in once the core cools and the field stops being generated.
Oh. I didn't know it did that. You learn something new every day.

Lorddave

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »

The most visible results is the Aurora Borialis. The Magnetic field funnels the radiation to the North Pole. The radiation makes beautiful lights as it moves.  The exact science behind it is something I'd have to look up but that's he general idea. 

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »

Lrn2Dr.Evil

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »

The most visible results is the Aurora Borialis. The Magnetic field funnels the radiation to the North Pole. The radiation makes beautiful lights as it moves.  The exact science behind it is something I'd have to look up but that's he general idea. 

This is all good, but I was more thinking about coping with the spin of the earth and the forces being enacted.