Ship distances

• 33 Replies
Ship distances
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »
Quote from: earthISroundISproven
I've spent ten years making nautical maps. I can tell you right now that the FE map is incorrect. The distance between cape horn and cape town alone on the FE map is approx 5 times what it is in reality. I know it takes me 12 days at 14 knots to sail between the two. On the FE map it would take five times that! (or I would have to sail at a speed no ship can do to make it in 12 days) How stupid do you think we are. How stupid do you think the thousands of vessels and the navigators that sail them every day accross every ocean are? FACT the earth is a globe...proven every day by every ship that sails accross an ocean. Get yourself a boat and see for yourself Wilmore.

ATTN FE'ers: Please address this.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
Re: Ship distances
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »
You should have named the thread 'Nautical miles - another conspiracy uncovered?'

Then I could have posted this

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:50:34 AM »
You should have named the thread 'Nautical miles - another conspiracy uncovered?'

Then I could have posted this

I made a topic on this also. They said Nautical miles were arbitrary.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 05:21:11 AM »
Answer what? ???
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 06:22:43 AM »
Answer what? ???

Ummmm....... the fact you guys haven't been able to explain why ship/airplane travel completely invalidates a FE... I should think that was fairly obvious.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 06:37:26 AM »
You haven't been able to prove that "ship/airplane travel completely invalidates a FE". I should think that was fairly obvious.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Death-T

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 08:28:01 AM »
You haven't been able to prove that "ship/airplane travel completely invalidates a FE". I should think that was fairly obvious.

What we do have is that the modern global economy and travel companies depend on these measure of distance and time to get the maximum profit possible - they do this not only because they personally believe this, but they have no reason to help the conspiracy. They say the Earth is a globe.

Now you could just respond to this be saying "Lurk Moar" - or you could actually make an attempt to explain the disparity to travel times and the claims put forward by TheearthISroundISproven. He's made several claims throughout the forms that perfectly illustrates this point and so far.... the FES has been found wanting..... and this is only one issue of many.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Xerox

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »
^^^ Thank you for summing up my feelings for Lord Wilmore and those like him on this site.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »

Such a lazy repsonse. There is tons of data logging every single nautical and aviation journey made. It's a legal requirement to log sea and air travel with the respective maritime and aviation offices. There is so much data easily available to disprove FE in this respect alone that your comments are just displays of gross ignorance now.

Like I said to TB, when FET can present astro mathemeatical charts and all the other stuff that, oh wait, millions of people sucessfully use to get around the planet, then maybe we'll stop laughing at you all. But hey wait, you can't publish charts because if you began to measure all these things that are easily measurable you'd have to conceed the earth is not flat. After all a flat earth map should be far easier to produce than a 2D map with gnomonic projection, shouldn't it?

Xerox

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »
You know they're going to go with the whole "Burden of proof is not on us" thing right?  It's almost futile to argue sometimes.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
Such a lazy repsonse. There is tons of data logging every single nautical and aviation journey made. It's a legal requirement to log sea and air travel with the respective maritime and aviation offices. There is so much data easily available to disprove FE in this respect alone that your comments are just displays of gross ignorance now.

Show us the logs, and show us how they invalidate the concept of a Flat Earth.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:12:27 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

RAFboiMF

• Life's two beer mat to explode. duck
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
You know they're going to go with the whole "Burden of proof is not on us" thing right?  It's almost futile to argue sometimes.
Show us the logs, and show us how thy invalidate the concept of a Flat Earth.
Right on cue
Quote from: Vongeo
It shall be detrimined(No time to spell, yet oddly time to awknowledge the mistake and type about it) eventually.

Death-T

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
I could actually go to a travel website and display the flight times.... but they would just ignore it.... or say its faked and say I need to take a stop watch on a plane to Europe, while holding a gun to the pilot's head so that he maintains speed. I'm more focused on their flawed conspiracy beliefs - all the other RE'ers have got the whole "science-da-mentic" stuff covered.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »
I could actually go to a travel website and display the flight times.... but they would just ignore it
Lurk. Been done.

?

RAFboiMF

• Life's two beer mat to explode. duck
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »
I'm more focused on their flawed conspiracy beliefs - all the other RE'ers have got the whole "science-da-mentic" stuff covered.

Thinking about it. The number of people involved in such a conspiracy would be staggering.
Mariners, pilots/aircrew(within reason), military, space exploration agency staff, satellite construction/maintenance staff (and parts thereof), ship construction/maintenance staff (and parts thereof), aircraft construction/maintenance staff (and parts thereof), telecomunication staff (including fibre optic skilled personell), astronomers, cartographers, fuel/oil production companies, travel agencies, universities/scientists, geologists and probably more would have to be involved.

Would there be anyone of consequence left who isn't involved in the conspiracy?

EDIT:- starting this in a new thread
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:57:30 PM by RAFboiMF »
Quote from: Vongeo
It shall be detrimined(No time to spell, yet oddly time to awknowledge the mistake and type about it) eventually.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
I'm more focused on their flawed conspiracy beliefs - all the other RE'ers have got the whole "science-da-mentic" stuff covered.

Thinking about it. The number of people involved in such a conspiracy would be staggering.
Mariners, pilots/aircrew(within reason), military, space exploration agency staff, satellite construction/maintenance staff (and parts thereof), ship construction/maintenance staff (and parts thereof), aircraft construction/maintenance staff (and parts thereof), telecomunication staff (including fibre optic skilled personell), astronomers, cartographers, fuel/oil production companies, travel agencies, universities/scientists, geologists and probably more would have to be involved.

Pilots, aircrew, aircraft mechanics, ship builders, travel agencies and mariners wouldn't have to. Just the cartographers and map-makers so they unwittingly go off/on course

Lorddave

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »

Pilots, aircrew, aircraft mechanics, ship builders, travel agencies and mariners wouldn't have to. Just the cartographers and map-makers so they unwittingly go off/on course

But wouldn't the guys flying/steering the ships know when they turn and find it strange that they seem to burn more fuel by turning than they should need to?
I mean, a straight line should have a constant distance and thus use constant fuel.  If said people were making lots of turns, it might make them think that it was odd would it not?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »

But wouldn't the guys flying/steering the ships know when they turn and find it strange that they seem to burn more fuel by turning than they should need to?
I mean, a straight line should have a constant distance and thus use constant fuel.  If said people were making lots of turns, it might make them think that it was odd would it not?
Yes. If the FE is most definitely the screwed up one that you're thinking of. We have no FE map to compare distances to.

Lorddave

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »

I mean, a straight line should have a constant distance and thus use constant fuel.  If said people were making lots of turns, it might make them think that it was odd would it not?
Yes. If the FE is most definitely the screwed up one that you're thinking of. We have no FE map to compare distances to.

I was under the impression that FE saw all distances as accurate but never actually put them into a map that shows they would distort the world.

They should do that actually.  Use real distances to show us the TRUE map.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »

Show us the logs, and show us how they invalidate the concept of a Flat Earth.

Show us a flat earth map that works!

Tom you are just being annoying now. I don't have to show you data. You can go to your local maritime office and ask to see anything you desire. That way you can't say I tampered with it.

Now like I say, to make an accurate flat earth map would be far more easier that projecting global mathematics on a 2D map so I really can't understand whats stopping you guys from doing it. Also I don't give a hoots what shape the earth is but I do give a hoots if I can't navigate accross an ocean because of inaccurate navigation tools. All the mathematics, geometry, solar cycles, lunar cycles and just about everything else that can be measured say GLOBE. When that is used to navigate with IT WORKS. Head, wall, banging, ....argghhhhh!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:39:05 PM by EarthISroundISproven »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »

What we do have is that the modern global economy and travel companies depend on these measure of distance and time to get the maximum profit possible - they do this not only because they personally believe this, but they have no reason to help the conspiracy. They say the Earth is a globe.

Now you could just respond to this be saying "Lurk Moar" - or you could actually make an attempt to explain the disparity to travel times and the claims put forward by TheearthISroundISproven. He's made several claims throughout the forms that perfectly illustrates this point and so far.... the FES has been found wanting..... and this is only one issue of many.

He hasn't put forward anything. How am I supposed to argue against figures that aren't there?

If there is so much data, why have you not presented any of it despite my repeated requests?

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 08:59:37 PM »
Because you need to go to a maritime office and look through their records.

BUT give me any two ports and I'll tell you if I've sailed them and how long it took, at what speed and what the distance was. ffs.

Do you even know what Gnomonic projection is?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

So in other words, you don't have this data, and simply assume that it supports RET. I see.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »

So in other words, you don't have this data, and simply assume that it supports RET. I see.

I have LOG BOOKS sat in front of me...give me any ports you like. Tell me what data you want. Would you like some links to maritime shipping sites? Would you like some links to the Hydrogaphic organisation? Email them and tell them that the maps the worlds shipping rely on are bs. They'll give you all the data you can desire. They'll probably certify you as well.

See this is exactly what other posters go on about too. You won't accept anything unless it supports your unproven theories. I ask again wherre is the astro mathematical data supporting FET?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
I have LOG BOOKS sat in front of me...give me any ports you like. Tell me what data you want.

I want the data you claim to have proving that the Earth is round. Obviously, I don't yet know what it is, because you haven't told me.

See this is exactly what other posters go on about too. You won't accept anything unless it supports your unproven theories. I ask again wherre is the astro mathematical data supporting FET?

Many resources can be found in the information repository.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »
I have LOG BOOKS sat in front of me...give me any ports you like. Tell me what data you want.

I want the data you claim to have proving that the Earth is round. Obviously, I don't yet know what it is, because you haven't told me.

I have explained to you how taking all the shipping distances logged accross the earth validate a globe. I'll tell you what - I'll take some shipping data for ports on various lattitudes that would be close to circumnavigation at three points. You will see that the most northern and southern routes will have little difference in them while the equatorial area will be longer. It will be like that because the earth is a globe. But then you'll doubt that I even wrote my own logs books (which is an offence that i can lose my shipping licence for).

Many resources can be found in the information repository.
[/quote]

BS you know damn well there are NO astro mathematical charts for FET...total bs.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »
I have explained to you how taking all the shipping distances logged accross the earth validate a globe. I'll tell you what - I'll take some shipping data for ports on various lattitudes that would be close to circumnavigation at three points. You will see that the most northern and southern routes will have little difference in them while the equatorial area will be longer. It will be like that because the earth is a globe. But then you'll doubt that I even wrote my own logs books (which is an offence that i can lose my shipping licence for).

If you can find data that will fit the RE model but not the FE model, then I will gladly take a look at it. However, I suggest that until then, you stop claiming to have this data, or to draw conclusions from it when you have not seen it yourself.

BS you know damn well there are NO astro mathematical charts for FET...total bs.

You didn't ask for a chart, you asked for 'data'.

?

004forever

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
Earthisroundisproven, just post the distances between two ports in the northern hemisphere and two ports in the South.  The problem with the map will be obvious at that point. 

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »
Post the distances between Capetown and Sydney.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »
Please tell me someone if I'm not speaking english here, because Wilmore doesn't seem to understand what astro-mathematical data is? FES has never mathematical measured anything thoroughly. It can't even get the size of the sun right? Yet dismisses all the astro-mathematical data ever done that gave us RET in the first place. No explanation for lunar phases at all. Now granted there are many things in the cosmos that are still open for debate even within RE science but as for the planet earth itself - RET has measured all kinds of things that FET has yet to even begin to measure. And ironically...it's the simplest process...the distance we drive/ sail/ fly that gives us the easiest proof of what's there shape wise - no magic required - just simple maths.

Earthisroundisproven, just post the distances between two ports in the northern hemisphere and two ports in the South.  The problem with the map will be obvious at that point.  

Yeah that's what i'm gonna do (although i already did that on another thread). But it's needs to be a circumnavigation to make the point conclusively. I'll have time in about an hour to put a diagram together. That should kill the arguement for once and for all.

Post the distances between Capetown and Sydney.

5916 nautical miles  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:49:41 PM by EarthISroundISproven »