Climates?

• 47 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Climates?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »
I've read some of the entries.  Not all of them in one sitting but I've looked for some things in there. 
I tried reading "Earth is not a Globe" and didn't get past the first chapter before I realized that this was going to be nothing more than someone justifying their observations with whatever he wanted.

So that's a 'no' then. When you've done so, you can make whatever claims you like about their relevance or validity. But until then, stop acting like Tom's advice isn't totally pertinent. How can you decently argue FET if you haven't read the most basic information about it?

I've lurked enough to understand what you think and how you think and I know that you wouldn't give my arguments any more consideration if I had read everything linked on this site.
If I don't believe, I'm wrong.  That's the FE philosophy.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
I've read some of the entries.  Not all of them in one sitting but I've looked for some things in there. 
I tried reading "Earth is not a Globe" and didn't get past the first chapter before I realized that this was going to be nothing more than someone justifying their observations with whatever he wanted.

So that's a 'no' then. When you've done so, you can make whatever claims you like about their relevance or validity. But until then, stop acting like Tom's advice isn't totally pertinent. How can you decently argue FET if you haven't read the most basic information about it?

But.... what about da evidence? And da stuff theyz can't explain?

I've lurked enough to understand what you think and how you think and I know that you wouldn't give my arguments any more consideration if I had read everything linked on this site.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »
So, Wilmore, I have to ask.  Why do you simply pick apart people's statements so much?  You'd do better to contribute FE ideas that we can use to further our understanding.

Lord Wilmore response possibilities:

- Read the Wiki/Earth not a Globe
- You're not contributing anything either (or something to that affect)
- Or he will just quote me and nitpick away my statement

If you're not willing to read the information we have now, what's the point of supplying new information? Earth Not a Globe is only about 400 pages long and is available for free online, as well as from the Book Depository and Amazon. You have no excuse for not having read it.

He has no counter arguement so he has to resort to jibes like a five year old. Pathetic. Basically he can't argue with me. He KNOWS that nautical mapping and the log data from mariners is pretty difficult data to dispute so now he's resorting to calling us all liars and stupid on various threads. Spat the dummy because he's losing the debate.

You can't 'counter' an argument that doesn't exist. All you do is go arund telling everyone how much evidence there is for RET, without presenting any of it. That is called making statements, not providing evidence.

All I'm saying is, Tom's arguments for FET are outlined at length in Earth Not a Globe. Until you've read that book, his suggestion that you do so remains relevant.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 08:54:02 PM »
He has no counter arguement so he has to resort to jibes like a five year old. Pathetic. Basically he can't argue with me. He KNOWS that nautical mapping and the log data from mariners is pretty difficult data to dispute so now he's resorting to calling us all liars and stupid on various threads. Spat the dummy because he's losing the debate.

You can't 'counter' an argument that doesn't exist. All you do is go arund telling everyone how much evidence there is for RET, without presenting any of it. That is called making statements, not providing evidence.

I have told you where plenty of data can be found and have in other threads given nautical distances and sailing times/ speeds as examples. What part of 'there are books of navigational charts that are used by thousands of mariners every day' don't you understand. I really am questioning your ability to understand English here. You know damn well how much data is out there. AGAIN where is the atro mathematical data for FET? Where is it? Why do you have no map that can be used to navigate the earth? Answer that.

It is for you to prove the Earth is flat.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
I have told you where plenty of data can be found and have in other threads given nautical distances and sailing times/ speeds as examples. What part of 'there are books of navigational charts that are used by thousands of mariners every day' don't you understand.

That people use flat maps to get around the world is not proof that those maps are distorted and that the world is in actual fact a globe.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
I have told you where plenty of data can be found and have in other threads given nautical distances and sailing times/ speeds as examples. What part of 'there are books of navigational charts that are used by thousands of mariners every day' don't you understand.

That people use flat maps to get around the world is not proof that those maps are distorted and that the world is in actual fact a globe.

Sailors don't use 2D maps. They use gnomonic projection. They have to, because an ocean is just water. They have to know exactly what surface they are sailing on. It's a globe.

Ask yourself this...do you think I really care what shape the world is? No I just care that I can sail from A-B with the correct mathematical data. You don't use mathematical data for a globe if the earth isn't a globe. DO you understand trigonometry. Would you like some pictures of why gnomonic projection matters?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
Sailors don't use 2D maps. They use gnomonic projection.

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but gnomonic maps are still printed on paper, right?

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but gnomonic maps are still printed on paper, right?

Err yes and we have them in 3D form as computer animated maps. Listen, go and look it up. You have gnomonic projection BECAUSE A FLAT MAP IS WRONG. The gnomonic lines allow you to correctly measure the distance beteen two points BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON A FLAT MAP - because the earth is a globe.

Is it really so hard for you to understand why you need to know the correct distance accross an ocean? On a flattened map the distances in the northern and southern hemispheres get streched. On the FES map the northern hemisphere distances get shortened and the southern hemisphere gets so stretched it's laughable.

Ever sailor knows that the distance between cape town and cape horn is one thing, between North Africa and Cuba another and between Norway and Alaska another again. Those three distances could NOT exist on any shape other than a globe, irregardless of any map. All the map does is communicate the dimensions of the planet.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »

Err yes

So they're 2D then.

The gnomonic lines allow you to correctly measure the distance beteen two points BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON A FLAT MAP - because the earth is a globe.

This is a gnomonic map:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Gnomonic_Projection_Polar.jpg

It is 2D and compared to a globe, and is 'distorted'.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »
m

Err yes

So they're 2D then.

The gnomonic lines allow you to correctly measure the distance beteen two points BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON A FLAT MAP - because the earth is a globe.

This is a gnomonic map:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Gnomonic_Projection_Polar.jpg

It is 2D and compared to a globe, and is 'distorted'.

Yes you use the gnomonic lines to tell you the distance. It's a flattened globe essentially but the lines are not a distortion. They relate exactly to a globe. You really can't think in 3D can you? Because sailors do think in 3D. All the 2D map tells you is there's a land mass somewhere. The global lines along with degrees etc tell you how to get there. They are all mathemetical data for a round earth not a flat one.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 09:42:13 PM »
On a globe, the Arabian peninsula isn't almost twice the size of Europe. Thus, that map is distorted in comparison with a globe.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
On a globe, the Arabian peninsula isn't almost twice the size of Europe. Thus, that map is distorted in comparison with a globe.

But the map is not a 'picture'...you can't flatten a curved land mass. That would be a flat earth. To be honest most larger vessels don't use 2D maps anymore. We have them in case the GPS and Navigational (including 3D) software fails but why use 2D maps when you you can see the real thing in 3D? I could demonstate this by creating a diagram that shows three circumnavigations, that would demonstrate that a flat earth isn't possible. I'd have to do it for both latitude and longitude directions. You can then easily check those sailing distances are correct with any maritime/ shipping office or even any shipping data site online. I think I'll do that today...and I'll use only routes that i've sailed that are also known shipping lanes. I'll post it later.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 08:12:24 AM »
I wait with bated breath.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:23:06 PM by Lord Wilmore »

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »
I wait with baited breath.
As we all do for a working FE map. (i.e. the proof for the existence of magic)

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »

Bated breath. Baited breath means your breath smells like maggots.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »

Well at this point, if I was still bating my breath it would probably be much of a muchness.

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »

Well at this point, if I was still bating my breath it would probably be much of a muchness.

Please quit derailing this thread Wilmore. Keep your low-content posts out of the upper fora.

Climates have no satisfactory explanation in FET. How do the FE'ers want to reconcile that?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 02:56:51 PM »

Please quit derailing this thread Wilmore. Keep your low-content posts out of the upper fora.

Climates have no satisfactory explanation in FET. How do the FE'ers want to reconcile that?

Please stop memberating. This is against the rules.