Why are the countries on the FET map so distorted?

• 192 Replies
?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
Re: Why are the countries on the FET map so distorted?
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
Hmm so Wilmore thinks he might have sailed in a boat to test a nautical map....Yeah I can play that game easily, when I ask him the distance, the knots, and the time it took to make the journey. On the other hand, I wreckon I've sailed to or from around two thids of the worlds major ports and to numerous minor ones too. So name any two ports Wilmore. Then you can go and check my data with thousands of records of vessels that made the same trip at your very own maritime records office and see that they too give the same data for the same journey.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
Then lets see your data.

"I'VE FUCKING BEEN THERE!  I've sailed those differences and can verify firsthand the accuracy of the maps.  What more do you want?  Do I need to send you on that voyage?  Am I going to need to drug test you afterwards so you know you weren't hallucinating?  Do I need to drug test you now?"

You clearly haven't Wilmore. You are just being arguementative and ignorant. THOUSANDS of mariners makes those journeys every day. They all agree what the real distances are...ALL OF THEM. Explain that.

You clearly haven't. You are just being argumentative and ignorant. THOUSANDS of mariners make these journeys every day using 'distorted' maps. They all agree that these maps work...ALL OF THEM. Explain that.

Thus, that must be a factual distance.  Do you agree with this or should we both get into a plane and fly the distance ourselves to verify it?

Yes, I agree with this. Your point?

When/where/what type of inaccuracy? It's highly possible that you were doing it wrong.

I didn't get where I should have, and it took inordinately long to get where I did.

Hmm so Wilmore thinks he might have sailed in a boat to test a nautical map....Yeah I can play that game easily, when I ask him the distance, the knots, and the time it took to make the journey. On the other hand, I wreckon I've sailed to or from around two thids of the worlds major ports and to numerous minor ones too. So name any two ports Wilmore. Then you can go and check my data with thousands of records of vessels that made the same trip at your very own maritime records office and see that they too give the same data for the same journey.

How come I need to give you data, but you don't need to give me data? Also, this thread is about measuring the Earth, not the length of your sea-penis. Try to keep that in mind.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2010, 08:29:56 PM »
When/where/what type of inaccuracy? It's highly possible that you were doing it wrong.

I didn't get where I should have, and it took inordinately long to get where I did.
As I said, it's highly likely you were doing it wrong.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2010, 08:33:19 PM »
Or, the Earth is flat.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »
Or, the Earth is flat.

Certifiably insane if you think thousands of mariners would risk their lives every day using maps that don't match the distances they find themselves sailing. You have absolutley no idea what you are talking about. Completely cuckoo.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2010, 09:00:03 PM »
Certifiably insane if you think thousands of mariners would risk their lives every day using maps that don't match the distances they find themselves sailing. You have absolutley no idea what you are talking about. Completely cuckoo.

Their maps are supposedly 'distorted' and don't match a globe. You're the one claiming they use maps that don't match 'reality' to get where they do.

Lorddave

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
Ok, let's make sure I understand the issue here...

Wilmore is saying that he's sailed the various distances and that using the maps all mariners use, they are accurate.
Earth is saying that any large scale, flat map is distorted and will give inaccurate distances thus, geometric projection maps are used by all mariners which, presumably, is what wilmore used.

Am I right?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
Ok, let's make sure I understand the issue here...

Wilmore is saying that he's sailed the various distances and that using the maps all mariners use, they are accurate.
Earth is saying that any large scale, flat map is distorted and will give inaccurate distances thus, geometric projection maps are used by all mariners which, presumably, is what wilmore used.

Am I right?

I doubt Wilmore could sail accross an ocean. If he knew anything about nautical navigation he wouldn't believe the earth is flat. No mariner does.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
Then lets see your data.

"I'VE FUCKING BEEN THERE!  I've sailed those differences and can verify firsthand the accuracy of the maps.  What more do you want?  Do I need to send you on that voyage?  Am I going to need to drug test you afterwards so you know you weren't hallucinating?  Do I need to drug test you now?"

If FE'ers can demand documentation of such voyages, then why can't RE'ers?

Because you need to go to a maritime office and look through their records.

So in other words, you don't have this data, and simply assume that it supports RET. I see.

*sniff*  *sniff*  Is that hypocrisy that I smell?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:14:42 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
Then lets see your data.

"I'VE FUCKING BEEN THERE!  I've sailed those differences and can verify firsthand the accuracy of the maps.  What more do you want?  Do I need to send you on that voyage?  Am I going to need to drug test you afterwards so you know you weren't hallucinating?  Do I need to drug test you now?"

You'll note that this is a quotation from 004forever earlier in the thread; apparently FE'ers can't demand documentation of such voyages.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2010, 09:16:38 PM »
Then lets see your data.

Exactly. There's Wilmore beliveing a theory based on absolutely no mathematical data or proof. They don't have any measurements for lunar/ solar cycles/ equinoxes/ no mapping of any kind, not nautical, not meteorological, geological...nothing NADA.

And yet, RET has all this and Wilmore has the cheek to say there is no data or proof to back up the principles I am presenting.

What data proof has FET? It's just a theory and they believe it no matter what?

?

004forever

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »
Then lets see your data.

You can't just quote me in a completely different context.  When I typed that, you asked what evidence there was.  When you responded, I had asked for you data.  There is a difference.  Data is quantitative while evidence can be all sorts of things.

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2010, 09:55:57 PM »
Well I've just said in the other thread that I will produce a diagram showing circumnavigation data today and post it. All of the data will be easily verifiable at any maritime records office or online shipping site. 

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
Exactly. There's Wilmore beliveing a theory based on absolutely no mathematical data or proof. They don't have any measurements for lunar/ solar cycles/ equinoxes/ no mapping of any kind, not nautical, not meteorological, geological...nothing NADA.

And yet, RET has all this and Wilmore has the cheek to say there is no data or proof to back up the principles I am presenting.

If RET has so much proof, why am I still waiting to see it?

You can't just quote me in a completely different context.  When I typed that, you asked what evidence there was.  When you responded, I had asked for you data.  There is a difference.  Data is quantitative while evidence can be all sorts of things.

You haven't provided evidence or data.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:15:27 PM by Lord Wilmore »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »

Lorddave

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2010, 05:21:14 PM »
I'd love to jump in now, but I'm no expert on map making and would rather leave it up to those who are.  So far it seems only one person here is, so I'm leaving it to him.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »

Because we're waiting for you to take your blinders off.  There isn't much we can do if you choose not to see what is presented to you.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »

Because you won't travel south of the equator and observe the south celestial pole moving in sync with the northern one. Because you won't get yourself a telescope with setting circles on it and see that they work, disproving beeny light AND celestial gears at a stroke and leaving only curvature as a viable explanation for the horizon. Because you won't book yourself on a plane flight between two places in the southern hemisphere and take a stopwatch with you.
Because you won't travel a hundred miles east or west from where you live and see the angles of satellite TV dishes are pretty much the same as where you are. Because you can't be bothered to get up at dawn on an equinox and see exactly where the sun rises.

THAT is why you are still waiting. You won't take the word of anyone else who's done these things so that leaves you one option. Get off your fat lazy arse, extinguish your joint and measure reality yourself.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »

Because we're waiting for you to take your blinders off.  There isn't much we can do if you choose not to see what is presented to you.

Well, EarthISroundISproven has yet to present anything to me. I can't see what isn't there.

Because you won't travel south of the equator and observe the south celestial pole moving in sync with the northern one. Because you won't get yourself a telescope with setting circles on it and see that they work, disproving beeny light AND celestial gears at a stroke and leaving only curvature as a viable explanation for the horizon. Because you won't book yourself on a plane flight between two places in the southern hemisphere and take a stopwatch with you.
Because you won't travel a hundred miles east or west from where you live and see the angles of satellite TV dishes are pretty much the same as where you are. Because you can't be bothered to get up at dawn on an equinox and see exactly where the sun rises.

THAT is why you are still waiting. You won't take the word of anyone else who's done these things so that leaves you one option. Get off your fat lazy arse, extinguish your joint and measure reality yourself.

So in other words, I need to get this proof myself, because you don't have it. I see.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

Well, EarthISroundISproven has yet to present anything to me. I can't see what isn't there.

Ah, so none of the evidence that other RE'ers have posted counts in this thread, eh?  Carry on.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »

So in other words, I need to get this proof myself, because you don't have it. I see.

Are you unable to read the words You won't take the word of anyone else who's done these things?

We presented these things to you. I've written big long posts about setting circles and my own personal use of them. I've written a big long thread with diagrams about the satellite dishes. I have highlighted the results of a fellow forum member who got up before dawn to measure where the sun would appear and presented his data and method in this very forum (thankyou Trig). Others have stated the travel times they have experienced on journeys in the southern hemisphere. Myself and others have personally witnessed the movement of stars around the south celestial pole.
We have shown you all these things, written our experiences here for all to see over months (and years for some), and you dare to look down your nose at us and say "you don't have the proof".

Your attitude is beneath contempt.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:18 AM »
Their maps are supposedly 'distorted' and don't match a globe. You're the one claiming they use maps that don't match 'reality' to get where they do.

Last time I checked, people don't use a World map to travel across an Ocean, they use a local map that is free from such distortions.

?

thesorehead

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »
Again: How do you know?
It's really very simple.

Every couple of years I drive from Sydney to the Gold Coast for a holiday. The start and end points vary from year to year as we go to differerent resorts and start from different houses, but the trip is roughly 850 km and goes more or less straight along the East coast of Australia.

If Australia was compressed as the FE maps show, the trip would be something like 400km.

can any FE'er explain why the distance is actually about 850 km?

Quote from: FE'er
prove it
I refer to my previous topic about validity of proof, which no FE'er has had the time to respond to.

EDIT: ah, a response. Not really an answer to the question, but it's nice to see a FE'er reading it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:23:00 PM by thesorehead »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »

Actually, your attitude is beneath contempt, because as you well know all of the points you raised have been answered. For example, as soon as you posted the thread about trig's experiment, I answered with criticisms which you were unable to answer. Don't come back here and pretend that it was the other way around.

You have consistently failed to answer any of my questions in this thread. So until you get down off your perch and answer them, we have nothing more to talk about. Good day.

Lorddave

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »

Actually, your attitude is beneath contempt, because as you well know all of the points you raised have been answered. For example, as soon as you posted the thread about trig's experiment, I answered with criticisms which you were unable to answer. Don't come back here and pretend that it was the other way around.

You have consistently failed to answer any of my questions in this thread. So until you get down off your perch and answer them, we have nothing more to talk about. Good day.

I think we need a score pad.
Or a live chat.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »

You are obsessed with this idea that I never answer your questions - this is at least the third time you've accused me of that. On at least one occasion I hadn't noticed you asking me a question or I thought it was addressed to someone else. On at least two other occasions I can think of I've seen you ask questions the answer to which has already been supplied in the thread - you seem to specialise in that. On another occasion I can think of I answered your question and you accused me of not doing so and so I clarified and you then admitted I had answered it but clearly misunderstood my answer (I think that may be earlier in this thread, not sure. You will undoubtedly demand me to provide links or quotes to these instances because that's what you always do when anyone says "xyz was said" about anything, and then act as if it never happened if a quote is not provided.)

Moving on, you say all the points I raised above have been answered. If they have been answered then your statement:
So in other words, I need to get this proof myself, because you don't have it.
becomes nonsense because you are admitting that I have already supplied the proof. Alternatively, if I have not supplied the proof, then your statement:
as you well know all of the points you raised have been answered.
is in direct contradiction to your question:

In other words, ANY response to you generates a paradox because of your inconsistency. Make your mind up... waiting to see proof + points raised answered = cancels each other out.

And nearly forgot the Trig thread. Your "criticism I was unable to answer" was the rather lame comment "which flat earth model are you saying doesn't work". The reason I didn't answer right away (although I did later on in the thread when you brought it up again, much as a seabird brings up partially digested fish for its chick), was because the answer is so laughably obvious that I could not be bothered to do your thinking for you.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:49 AM »
You asked questions about FET. These questions were dealt with.

You said there was proof of RET. You have yet to answer my questions about these supposed 'proofs' in a satisfactory manner.

There is no paradox or contradiction.

I'm not obsessed' with the idea that you haven't answered my questions. You simply haven't. It becomes a point of contention when you claim that I am ignoring your statements, when in fact I have asked you questions about these statements, and never received a meaningful answer.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:19 AM »
You asked questions about FET. These questions were dealt with.

You said there was proof of RET. You have yet to answer my questions about these supposed 'proofs' in a satisfactory manner.

There is no paradox or contradiction.

I'm not obsessed' with the idea that you haven't answered my questions. You simply haven't. It becomes a point of contention when you claim that I am ignoring your statements, when in fact I have asked you questions about these statements, and never received a meaningful answer.

Yeah, whatever. Bored now. I've shown everyone else, don't need to bother with you.

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:37 AM »

All your questions were answered. Stop posting.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »

All your questions were answered. Stop posting.

Where? Please show me, because you obviously know what you're talking about.