School helps 15 year old girl get abortion without parents knowledge in Seattle

• 549 Replies
Maybe Paul just didn't like Timothy and wanted him to go to hell

At last, something that makes sense.  I agree.   :)

Can you honestly say this his explanation makes more sense than mine? Paul viewed Timothy as his son and to say that he wanted him to go to hell is just ignorant of the relationship between these two men.

It is becoming increasingly obvious to me that neither you nor the Colonel have any desire to take advantage of the wisdom that could be available to you on this board from people who have dedicated many hours to the scholarly pursuit of theology. Perhaps your time would be better spent cracking jokes and slapping five at a sports bar, where at least there you can insult people without hiding behind a computer screen.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
I've dedicated enough hours to the study of theology myself, I think I'll trust my wisdom more.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

I've dedicated enough hours to the study of theology myself, I think I'll trust my wisdom more.

Then why would you say something as ignorant as:

Maybe Paul just didn't like Timothy and wanted him to go to hell

That wasn't ignorant unless you're of the opinion that Paul was somehow above normal human frailties.  My opinion is that he had quite a few.

Among which is a disdain for the young pastor he took under his wing, to the point that he desires that Timothy goes to hell?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
May(be)* he was just downright wrong on a number of things.

*(be) edited /i]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:29:20 PM by Mrs. Peach »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
I base my reasoning on the fact that Paul was an utter twat that completely ruined Christianity
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor

Well you're not really giving us any evidence to go on. The only way that they would think abortion is better than using contraceptives is if they have no idea about contraceptives or abortion at all.
Well that's not the case as sex ed classes are mandatory I think in my district's schools.

I asked you earlier, what are the sex ed courses like? are they abstinence only?

Actually I've ever heard them mention abstinence that I can remember.

Soooo.... ITT CR90 is being silly.

I base my reasoning on the fact that Paul was an utter twat that completely ruined Christianity

How is this possible if Christianity teaches that Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ and his teachings were the result of divine inspiration? The premise of your statement doesn't make sense within the Christian paradigm.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!

How is this possible if Christianity teaches that Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ and his teachings were the result of divine inspiration? The premise of your statement doesn't make sense within the Christian paradigm.

A group of people decided that Christianity teaches that Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ. That doesn't necessarily mean he was. The sad thing is that most Christians rely more on the teachings of Paul to guide them than the teachings of Jesus.

A group of people decided that Christianity teaches that Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ. That doesn't necessarily mean he was. The sad thing is that most Christians rely more on the teachings of Paul to guide them than the teachings of Jesus.

Stop being obtuse.

Paul's teachings compliment those of Jesus, and I will assume that when you say "a group of people" you are referring to the entire Church, as each and every one of Jesus' 12 disciples acknowledged Paul as a fellow Apostle. If it ever appears as though I refer more to what Paul said than what Jesus said, it is only because the epistles contain far more information.

Although really I am just telling you what you already know, since by your own admission you have read the Bible (except for the boring parts).