What is Evidence?

• 14 Replies
What is Evidence?
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
What do FE'rs accept as evidence? Not videos. Not pictures. Not anything anyone said. Not personal observations. What is proof then?

Lorddave

Re: What is Evidence?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »
While I can't speak for them, I will say that in my observations so far, they don't seem to know themselves.  Oh sure they'll tell you something, but in the end they'll find some way to discredit you in their eyes. 

To make an analogy:
It would be like asking what evidence a Christian would need to show that God doesn't exist.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
Repeatable experiments, and direct observation.

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »

How about my satellite dish not receiving anything if it's moved out of alignment by a few degrees?  Is that a repeatable experiment to show that I'm getting my TV signal from the sky?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »

How about my satellite dish not receiving anything if it's moved out of alignment by a few degrees?  Is that a repeatable experiment to show that I'm getting my TV signal from the sky?
That's not realistically repeatable. Are you really expecting people to come all the way to your undisclosed location to move your satellite dish?

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »

That's not realistically repeatable. Are you really expecting people to come all the way to your undisclosed location to move your satellite dish?
Do it to your own. See what happens.

Misterkami

• Round Earth enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »

Very basic.. just look at the place (repeatable and direct)

Now you're gonna say.. but it looks flat
and yes, it does.. from upclose. And RE supporters will agree to that..

BUT THINK OF THIS: RE supporters are the only ones who have looked further (gone up into space etc.)

Now,
-if you don't believe that.. that is your problem.
-if none of your FE supporters have bothered to look further.. that is your problem

Point still remains that RE supporters have gathered more information on their surroundings (not just their near surroundings) than FE supporters

Imagine two groups of 5 people getting dropped in the wilderness.
group A lets one guy make a camp and sends out 4 guys to check the surroundings and make an accurate map
group B lets one guy make a camp and have the rest all sit around the campfire contemplating on what their position is, based on what they can see from the camp
Which group has a higher possibility of having more useful information?
~No Ordinary Moments~

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:50:34 AM »
Now,
-if none of your FE supporters have bothered to look further.. that is your problem

Perhaps you missed the numerous experiments which proved that water is not convex.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 04:10:41 AM »
Now,

Perhaps you missed the numerous experiments which proved that water is not convex.

Perhaps you missed the numerous experiments which proved the world is round.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:19:25 AM »
Now,

Sampling 0.024% of the surface of the Earth is bound to yield an inaccurate result.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:30:09 AM »
unfortunately, much like any theory, evidence will not destroy their theory, only modify it to accommodate new observations.

Lorddave

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:43:05 PM »

Well that would be really stupid.  Any experiment worth it's salt could be performed in any similar location with the same (or equivalent) tools used.

So anyone with a satellite dish could perform this experiment and, I'm sorry to tell you but... they do.  There are even people who are paid money to go to your house and align your dish.  You could too.  Just call your local Satellite TV service. :)

Now,

Doesn't that disprove Bendy Light?  I mean, how can light bend when viewed close to the horizon to simulate the Sun "setting" when that same phenomenon would make water appear convex for the same reasons. (See Old Bedford Canal Experiment)

Misterkami

• Round Earth enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
Now,

Sampling 0.024% of the surface of the Earth is bound to yield an inaccurate result.

Perhaps you didn't understand my post Tom, Ranger did though..

When I say look further I mean going out, fly up high, walk the earth.. you know, like Caine in Kung Fu
~No Ordinary Moments~

?

EarthISroundISproven

• There is no ice wall
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Now,

and perhaps you missed the thousands of satellite photos and cosmic samples that reputable research has produced.