What should be possible with a Flat Earth

• 7 Replies

Lorddave

What should be possible with a Flat Earth
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »
Hi, I'm new and not likely to stick around.
A flat Earth (and the fact that it's a special object in space) goes against everything I know.  I'm not just talking about stuff taught in school, I'm talking about how things work as I observe.  Things like bending light, accelerating earth, hidden objects, guard on the Ice Wall, faked space transmissions, ect... is far more complex than simply allowing gravity to exist and in my experience, things seem to be fairly simple and uniform when it comes to physics.  At least simple to a degree.  Bending light is far more complex than straight light, for example.

I also know that nothing anyone says or does will convince most(or any) Flat Earthers here.  I could take everyone up to the ISS and I'm sure you would assume it was some trick.

While I am sad that all my arguments and math will mean nothing and have been "countered" by other "hypothesizes", I have decided to go a different route.  I'm going to talk about things that should be possible based on the limited information on Flat Earth "ideas" that I've picked up from reading the FAQ.

So first up, the Sun.
Regardless of how the sun exists, it must still have something to power itself.  We can measure the amount of energy the sun gives off and through that we can calculate the energy output of the sun. (let's assume 100% of it's output goes to us)  It gives off a lot of energy and if it's only 32 miles in diameter and older than anything we know on Earth, than it stands to reason that it's power source must be very small, hidden behind it and very large, or the sun is fueled by something else.
It can't be a Fusion reaction because Fusion requires gravity.  So whatever it is is greater than anything currently known.  Therefore, our first priority should be to fly the distance of 3,000 miles and collect a sample.  If such a power source could be harvested our energy crisis on Earth would be solved.

Bending of Light.
I admit I haven't read much on this, but if I'm interpreting it right, light is bending upwards as it travels, which means that objects appear to be moving farther away unless you travel up and keep yourself in the path of the light beam.  If light does this and we can find out how, we should be able to artificially advance it and produce a cloaking device capable of hiding anything by bending the light upwards.  The same goes with all EM waves.

The force lifting the Earth.
If I'm correct, there is a force lifting the Earth, atmosphere, and the sun and moon.  This force is infinitely pushing everything upwards and that is what most call gravity. 
If we can harness this, we should get an unlimited supply of energy since it takes energy to push the Earth upwards something must be generating this.

GeoThermal Energy
Also infinite.  If there is no gravity, than volcanoes are erupting because there is too much magma in a confined space and the only way to produce more magma is with heat and pressure.  However for the Earth to have enough pressure to constantly build up more heat, the force pushing the Earth up would have to create it.  This means that there is an infinite Geothermal Energy potential.  It also means that  there must be a large amount of rock beneath the surface to supply the magma.  I haven't read up on plate tectonics here so I don't know how you counter plate tectonics.

Earth range radio
Because radio waves are not affected by the atmosphere like light is, that means that I should be able to build one tower and use it to transmit a radio signal across the whole world at once with enough power.  This should mean that I can jam all fake GPS signals, fake space signals, and fake satellite communication signals.  I myself have a satellite TV and if FE is correct and there are no satellites, than my TV signal is coming from a tower and if that's the case than I should be able to jam all towers on Earth simultaneously.

So what's the hold up?  Why hasn't anyone done these things yet?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Lorddave

Re: What should be possible with a Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »
Whoops, wrong forum. Sorry about that.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »
Things like bending light, accelerating earth, hidden objects, guard on the Ice Wall, faked space transmissions, ect... is far more complex than simply allowing gravity to exist and in my experience, things seem to be fairly simple and uniform when it comes to physics. 

Science is not about what is simpler, otherwise everything would just be credited to voodoo. Not that I have anything against voodoo.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Misterkami

• Round Earth enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
Things like bending light, accelerating earth, hidden objects, guard on the Ice Wall, faked space transmissions, ect... is far more complex than simply allowing gravity to exist and in my experience, things seem to be fairly simple and uniform when it comes to physics. 

Science is not about what is simpler, otherwise everything would just be credited to voodoo. Not that I have anything against voodoo.

That is true and I agree. Fortunately, that is not what he said.

I think this is an interesting post with a fresh view. It opens a lot of opportunities for FES to gain a great position on the market of energy and data-communication. See if it works and enjoy it I say. Good luck!
~No Ordinary Moments~

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:04 PM »
Not that I'm here to oppress his OP(I get my fill of that at the orphanage), but I'm pretty sure he said it, its in quotes.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Misterkami

• Round Earth enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 03:11:28 PM »

What he said was that
1. the explanations for a FE are more complex to him than the RE explanations.
2. in physics things seem to be fairly simple and uniform

He did however not say that science by definition favors the simply solution (like Occham's Razor does) or even that it is about that. He merely states that it seems to be fairly simple and uniform. Of course it can still be complex in certain situations. It's a small difference, but he did not quite state that is science is about what is simpler.

The OP is really still quite interesting. Let's get back to that.
~No Ordinary Moments~

Lorddave

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »

I do apologize if I was not clear.
Misterkami is correct in what I was trying to convey.

Light, for example, is a very fast wave or particle (depending on how it's measured) of energy.  To say that it bends itself without outside interference is more complex than to say it does not.  If it does bend, you must then find out why it bends, what causes it.  That, in turn, would yield more requirements, more special cases.

I suppose that's what it's about really: special cases.  From what I've observed, the universe doesn't do special cases.  What it does do is have interactions of simple things mixing together to form something complex.  This is the basis for a computer as well.

So to say that something pushes a large disk in space and it's the only large disk in space being pushed and everything goes around this special disk because the sun is a special case as is the moon is... well, too special.  Too odd.  Too unique. 

As for Voodoo...
Voodoo is far more complex than science.  Let's take a pain killer.  The reaction of the chemical onto the body causes pain receptors to become blocked.  Much like a stone place in the path of a river.  An object, in this case a molecule, is placed in the path of another object, a nerve.  Granted, there are other ways to do it, but let's use that as an example.  How it got there is someone injected it into the body and, using the heart and blood, it spread to all parts of the body.

Now if we do the same thing with Voodoo ie. relieve pain, we need to explain WHY it works.  What stops the pain signals?  How does it work?  What are the underlying principals for spiritual healing?  What are spirits?  Where do they come from?  How are they made?  and so on and so on.  We do that with atoms, it's true, but that get's smaller and less complex as you ask more and more questions.  With spirits and other magic, it get's bigger and bigger until you are left with only one final answer.... "God did it".

So really it boils down to:
Science - Atoms are the building blocks of the universe.
Magic - God(s) did it.

Science is very grass roots.

?

bloojax

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
Wow, this awesome. But this is probably just going to fuel FE conspiracy theories: NASA is hiding the fact that the Earth is flat so it can harness all of this infinite energy for itself. Ridiculous, but then again, so is this site.

Of course, what the hell they do with the energy it up for grabs, because [sarcasm]obviously[/sarcasm] they aren't using it for space exploration or any kind of scientific research.

Nevertheless, this is refreshing because it's easy to lose the bigger picture on a site like this with so much arguing.