Disproof of flat earth theory

• 98 Replies
Re: Disproof of flat earth theory
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
How do you account for 24 hour sunshine in northern Alaska or Ushuaia, Argentina?  Essentially the proof proposed at the beginning of this thread is of similar ilk.  If the earth were flat, we would never observe 24-hour sunshine in these parts of the world.  But we do. 
How can that be explained with a flat earth model?  Please answer this question directly.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
In other words

This statement assumes that the Earth is round.

::)

No, it assumes that the data is correct.  It just so happens that RE is the only model that it properly fits.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
In other words

This statement assumes that the Earth is round.

::)

No, it assumes that the data is correct.  It just so happens that RE is the only model that it properly fits.

Yep. The earth could be mapped accurately (and therefore proven to be round) before spaceflight, and before NASA and T3h c0nzpIraCy, so that pretty much fucks that idea up.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »
How do you account for 24 hour sunshine in northern Alaska or Ushuaia, Argentina?  Essentially the proof proposed at the beginning of this thread is of similar ilk.  If the earth were flat, we would never observe 24-hour sunshine in these parts of the world.  But we do. 
How can that be explained with a flat earth model?  Please answer this question directly.
Search the forums for topics containing "Sky Mirror". That is the answer to this issue.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »
Search the forums for topics containing "Sky Mirror". That is the answer to this issue.

That's not the answer, it has too many holes that cannot be explained.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2010, 01:26:45 AM »

That's not the answer, it has too many holes that cannot be explained.
It's the FE answer then. All questions regarding FE should be answered in terms of FET, whether they are right or wrong. If we are to assume an earth shape, then any questions brought up because of it need to be pointed in the right direction for the particular topic where the theory is discussed and dis-proven.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2010, 04:00:41 PM »

Where does he mention data? He just says that anything that isn't a globe is a distortion of the Earth's true shape. His statement assumes that the Earth is round.

You can argue that he meant something else, but he certainly didn't say anything else.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Lorddave

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
Question:
Has there been a map developed by FE that isn't based on any modern map?

I ask because it seems that all maps FE gives are just the Standard Earth maps put onto a 2D plane, distorting distances when needed.  Has there been any accurate measurements for distances between specific points by FE to help create an accurate map?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2010, 05:19:56 AM »
Question:
Has there been a map developed by FE that isn't based on any modern map?

I ask because it seems that all maps FE gives are just the Standard Earth maps put onto a 2D plane, distorting distances when needed.  Has there been any accurate measurements for distances between specific points by FE to help create an accurate map?

No, because that would be one piece of evidence that would actually mean something.

Too bad they can't get it, looks like they are going to have to continue trying to shoot down the current conspiracy map all the time instead.