Ok my friend lives in Japan and...

• 21 Replies
« on: May 09, 2005, 07:26:09 AM »
...I'm chatting with her right now, at 10:25 am. However, for her it is 11:25 pm. Weird huh?
And I'm visiting her this summer, so I'll be able to make sure she wasnt lying, because who knows, maybe she's part of a conspiracy to make us beleive the world is a sphere  :roll:

?

Flatgurl

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:41:34 AM »
Different time zones are not neccessarily incompatible with a Flat Earth, no?

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:43:31 AM »
Yes. Yes they are (just like everything else really). The sun would easily light all the surface. And since it's always the day somwhere, you can't say that it goes under the earth either.
Stupid people who think the earth is flat can't make everything work with their myth, like timezones and seasons.

?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 01:21:10 PM »
good point.  If the Earth was flat the sun would always light all of it up, or at least more of it faster.

?

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 03:13:12 PM »
Yeah, and they can't explain why, at the poles, it's always dark during winter and always light during summer (hell they can't even come up with a logical explanation for the seasons)

?

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 04:05:25 PM »
also good point.  lemme add that to my list of reasons why they're wrong.

?

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 04:30:56 PM »
and don't forget that while it's summer here, it's winter in the southern hemisphere, and vice versa.

?

Rekker

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 05:19:25 PM »
Has anyone watched the Truman Show? Matrix? That could explain everything - the fact that there is no sun, just lots of very bright convinently placed spot-lights.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 05:20:12 PM »
Did anyone see the video of when man first walked on the moon?

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »
I have no trouble believing that man walked on the moon. However, I don't understand how that proves anything about Earth's form.

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 05:22:58 PM »
Quote from: "flatman"

That was faked.  It's explained here in detail.

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »
Because they could see that the earth was a globe from there.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 05:27:46 PM »
Quote from: "Daniel"
Quote from: "flatman"

That was faked.  It's explained here in detail.

It was real. Explained here in detail.
http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

?

wtf_shitheads

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 11:36:55 AM »
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

this site is full of bulll, literally.

The argument : Question: How can an astronaut cast a shadow several feet taller than his colleague who is standing a few feet away from him?

Answer: He is standing farther away from the arc light that is illuminating them both. I truly believe that this footage is taken on a film set, you cannot reproduce this strange shadow phenomenon with natural light, and that includes taking into consideration two natural light sources (the Earth and Sun) as many sceptics would have you believe.

is the saddest thing i have ever seen.
in the video where it says that a guy makes a bigger shadow, it's actually the shadow of the flag. if you look carefully and not be ignorant, you can see the lighter shadow of the flagpole leading up to that shadow which is "supposed" to be the astronomer's head.

?

TheOneWhoIsRight

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 12:56:30 AM »
Whether or not teh moon landing was faked is irrelevent, its not liek that was the only time in teh world people  have ever gone into outer space. There have been many other missons and many other phots which prove that the earth is in fact a sphere. IF it wasn't a sphere then it would have to be at least a rectangular prism, meaning that there would be two flat sides, the one we live on and another one. If you are all going from the bible with this earth is flat rubbish then why would God only populate one side of the planet?
 Also if you believe that timne zones are a lie then why does it ask your timezone when you sign up for this very forum?
Please drop this rediculous notion and realize that the physics that allowed scientists to invent the computer you are using are the same ones making the earth round and if you disagree then you should stop using a computer because according to you, it doesn't work

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 09:47:42 AM »
'Tis sad, really, how angry people become when they sense the logic behind their failed belief system slipping away...

Round is wrong; let go of your anger, and let the truth shine on you...

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 11:22:52 AM »
WTF???

Can you please explain about the north and south poles. the poles are impossible if the earth was flat.  And how the **** can you go in the same direction and eventually end up in the same ****ing place?  You jokers have never been on a plane or on a ship, have you?  NASA should take all you clowns out into to space to prove that the earth is flat.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 11:57:14 AM »
Quote from: "earthisround"
NASA should take all you clowns out into to space to prove that the earth is flat.
I'd agree with you, except it'd be a waste of a trip. If they took civilians to space, they should be people who could look at the spherical earth with awe and humility as opposed to scorn. They'd just come home and say NASA drugged them and implanted the images in their heads, since we can totally do that, you know. And they'd believe it too.

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 05:57:05 AM »
Oops! I made a mistake, i meant to say round not flat in my last sentence. :oops:

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 08:36:25 AM »
Oops! I made a mistake, i meant to say round not flat in my last sentence.

An important and telling mistake. In your anger, logic finally breaks through...

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 08:40:25 AM »
Quote from: "The Prophet"
Oops! I made a mistake, i meant to say round not flat in my last sentence.

An important and telling mistake. In your anger, logic finally breaks through...

Um....i dont know what you're talking about but the reason I made that mistake is because I was extremely pissed at that time.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »
As I said, in your anger, the Truth emerges. Another convert! Thank you...