Ask a Christian anything.

• 1304 Replies

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
Re: Ask a Christian anything.
« Reply #1020 on: May 20, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
I have now watched several of his videos and I have found them very interesting.  I have seen much better videos however, would you like to see a few of my favorites?

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1021 on: May 20, 2010, 04:44:56 PM »
I have now watched several of his videos and I have found them very interesting.  I have seen much better videos however, would you like to see a few of my favorites?

Sure Christians ones - post here.
Others I'll look for in A&E.

Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

« Reply #1022 on: May 20, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
Well I'm an ex-Christian. Something blew my faith... right you got twenty chances to guess what...

Go!

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #1023 on: May 20, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »
What was Jesus's favorite kind of hat?
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

« Reply #1024 on: May 20, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »
What was Jesus's favorite kind of hat?

A brown rag which was used as a hood.

« Reply #1025 on: May 20, 2010, 05:12:37 PM »
Why is Christopher Walken so freaky? I mean, he's cool and all, but how come he's so freaky?

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1026 on: May 20, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
Why is Christopher Walken so freaky? I mean, he's cool and all, but how come he's so freaky?

Related.

« Reply #1027 on: May 21, 2010, 02:07:31 AM »
That video is both cool and freaky in a way that only Christopher Walken can pull off.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #1028 on: May 21, 2010, 02:13:37 AM »

Related.

lol

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #1029 on: May 21, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
those big guys with the blue stuff and the orange stuff, that shoot green stuff, at grayish green stuff.
What are they called?
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1030 on: May 21, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
Interesting video from a former catholic priest.  His answer contradict some on this thread, though that may simply be because of the difference between catholics and other christians.

http://www.youtube.com/user/edwardtarte#p/u/7/tR-1epQms9Y

I have not reviewed all his videos yet, but some of his stuff I have, and I agree that there is no found evidence for such things.  See Bible myths thread.

Well I'm an ex-Christian. Something blew my faith... right you got twenty chances to guess what...
Go!

Catholicism?

Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

« Reply #1031 on: May 21, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »
...so freaky..

« Reply #1032 on: May 29, 2010, 07:03:10 AM »
Child abuse in the church committed by priests. That's what, I don't understand how men of faith can committed such horrible crimes.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1033 on: May 29, 2010, 07:30:04 AM »
Child abuse in the church committed by priests. That's what, I don't understand how men of faith can committed such horrible crimes.

God gave us vulnerable altar boys for a reason.

« Reply #1034 on: May 29, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
God gave me a reason to murder perverts.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #1035 on: May 29, 2010, 08:51:03 AM »

Unquestioned power and moral authority, as well as sexual repression and frustration. Not to mention unlimited access to victims.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1036 on: May 29, 2010, 12:30:54 PM »

Unquestioned power and moral authority, as well as sexual repression and frustration. Not to mention unlimited access to victims.

Yeah I used to be Catholic.  Priests scarcely talk about homosexuality, but when they do - they don't enforce it, and are the perpetrators themselves. 

Besides the bible does not prohibit priests from marrying - see "Bible Myths."  That's just their doctrine.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #1037 on: May 29, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »

Yeah I used to be Catholic.  Priests scarcely talk about homosexuality, but when they do - they don't enforce it, and are the perpetrators themselves. 

Besides the bible does not prohibit priests from marrying - see "Bible Myths."  That's just their doctrine.

I know that, you know that but we both know that the Catholic church has built it's own load of madness on top of the standard Christian mythos.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1038 on: May 29, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »

I know that, you know that but we both know that the Catholic church has built it's own load of madness on top of the standard Christian mythos.

Agreed.
Exactly - that is why I do not stand on doctrine, creed, dogma, mantra, by-laws, or church constitution.  I devoted 2 whole posts to that in another R&P thread.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1039 on: May 29, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
Should I be spreading the word of God here in Kenitra?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #1040 on: May 29, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »
Not if you want people to go to Heaven.

« Reply #1041 on: May 29, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
The topic says "Ask a Christian anything", and yet Canadark hasn't answered any of my latest questions. How come?

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1042 on: May 29, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
The topic says "Ask a Christian anything", and yet Canadark hasn't answered any of my latest questions. How come?

I'll be glad to Mugsy - providing you stay on topic about Christianity.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #1043 on: May 29, 2010, 07:36:40 PM »
I have these pre answered questions to ask.

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #1044 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »
Did Jesus die for everyone's sins or just the sins of those who believe in him?  And if he died for everyone's sins, why would he send people to hell?
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

« Reply #1045 on: May 29, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »
I'd like to know why people feel that Jesus is so special for sacrificing himself.  People die for others every day, yet they aren't celebrated nearly as much as Jesus is.

Trolling makes me angry.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1046 on: May 29, 2010, 07:56:56 PM »
I have these pre answered questions to ask.

Too many questions to answer packed all into one video.

« Reply #1047 on: May 29, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
Still wondering... ^

Trolling makes me angry.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #1048 on: May 29, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
I'd like to know why people feel that Jesus is so special for sacrificing himself.  People die for others every day, yet they aren't celebrated nearly as much as Jesus is.
He came back.
Did Jesus die for everyone's sins or just the sins of those who believe in him?  And if he died for everyone's sins, why would he send people to hell?
He doesn't send them to hell St. Peter and God do.
I'm not really a Christian but I like answering questions.

« Reply #1049 on: May 29, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
He came back.

Yeah, sure he did.  But in Church, the saying is "He is wonderful because he died for everyone's sins", when I find someone sacrificing themselves for a cause not out of the ordinary.

Trolling makes me angry.