"Where God(s) Came From"

• 17 Replies

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
"Where God(s) Came From"
« on: March 01, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
Feel free to debate me on this. I will check back in about 6 months or so to destroy any subjective inanity.

Gods as we think of them today started out in the mind of a person, who shared that idea, and then the ruling dignitaries of various stages of human history realized that the layman needs a blanket to support his insane belief he is not alone. The church, in ANY form it takes, was thus enacted to control the people beneath their level of enlightenment, who are intentionally, by their own sheer refusal to think differently, too stupid to function without the gift of "religion".

The advent of Atheism and Agnosticism are fairly recent inventions of people too stupid to realize that their own dogmatic spewing of "anti-belief" is, in fact a form of cult, or religion, depending on whom you ask. They want it known, from mountain to mole hill, they are not in the belief spectrum. But refusal to believe in something so verbally is no less preaching than telling someone a dude with a hole in his kidney rose from a hole in the ground to make you safe. Religion is a truly diabolical weapon of men who truly control what you do, say, fear, and seek out.

Anyone who claims otherwise is either ignorant of the reality that surrounds them, or they are simply frightened and do not wish to open certain doors.

Religion, and thus gods, are weapons of war, aimed at you. Screaming your anti-belief at the masses has the same affectation. You either live your life outside all that, and don't carry any sort of opinion, or you are caught up in the crossfire.

Anything more solid than wall to wall avoidance is self-victimization.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: "Where God(s) Came From"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:59:16 PM »
BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE GOOD RELIGION HAS DONE?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »
If knowledge is power, then religion is a useful way of gaining the latter by claiming the former. The priests of old, in our most ancient and distant past, proclaimed themselves the conduits and keepers of wisdom, and there was probably some truth in it, given their ability to manipulate their fellow man. From there, religion was superimposed upon already existing social norms and value systems, until they became confused and indistinguishable.

Now, can we disprove the existence of a God? No, and I think it folly to try and do so. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with objecting to assumed 'knowledge' of a God that has not been proven to exist. That a God may exist is an unassailable position, but that 'He' considers contraception wrong (for example) is a position I find slightly more dubious.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:03:46 PM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »
I concur.

?

Drdevice

• Deus of Machina
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:45:15 PM »
Ok

*limbers up*

Lets do this

There are plenty of examples of religions that did not have to go to war to do what you are saying, such as the Greek pantheon which thrived on producing "miracles" using deus ex machina. When Christianity came into there lands all of these belief systems fell trembling to there knees. Many religions did base themselves in violence from the people who used the beliefs of the people to their own gain.

How ever, you only need to look to the Asian systems to find a religion that does not base itself around war. Buddhism encourages people to open their minds and look into themselves to find what they believe and teaches them wisdom.

I'm only just starting to read the Koran but my initial impression is that his is the holy book of a war like people. I have heard of its poetry but it's more or less lost in translation.

Jewish and Christian followers are no less part of the cycle of destruction the covers the pages of history. With holy wars, or simple revenge they have ravaged the Middle East. But within these books are good lessons. "do not worship false idols" for instance could apply to many things, such as worshiping Hollywood stars. Not only will this free you from the need to make yourself look like the Hollywood ideal, but it will make the lives of the stars easier too. Just think of it, a world with out paparazzi.

Hinduism is another religion that represses people. It has a caste system that forces people to follow in their parentsí foot steps. But it also has a freedom of religion greater than that of the Christians. They worship the one that is all, all of the deities are seen as being different forms of this one deity that each posses different personalities and powers. They can even interact with each other and have children. Hinduism teaches that other religions are not wrong, just less true.

Then there are the many religions of tribes both American and African. Both share similarities in that they worship nature. As far as I know (I haven't looked that far into these particular religions) they havenít started religious wars with one another, just territorial wars.

Thats it for now I need to work.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »
Nothing you just said disproved my original post. In fact nothing you said had even a modicum of tie-in to what I said.

I said nothing about war as a societal entity. I said religion is a weapon OF war. The context being key. Please take your medication, and try again when your shift at Dunkin Donuts is over.

?

Drdevice

• Deus of Machina
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
What I have stated is simply that you are right in that religions are used to manipulate those who are beneath them and that there are religions in which this is not true. These religions tend to be firm in their beliefs but are hard to manipulate because only your own interpretation matters. Not that it is impossible; the hearts of even the strongest men can be swayed.

If none of this applies to what you are saying then you need to be clearer with your intent. I did not see one question or statement that clearly defined what you wanted answered or debated.

Is it that part about atheists? Because most religious people would agree with you, the only one who will debate are the so called "atheists"

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 03:22:15 AM »
Religion, and thus gods, are weapons of war, aimed at you. Screaming your anti-belief at the masses has the same affectation. You either live your life outside all that, and don't carry any sort of opinion, or you are caught up in the crossfire.

I enjoy the intellectual battle, the debates and the arguments.

Now either get in a bunker or get out of no-man's land, I'm preparing my minigun...

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »
You're standing in the Bunker, pasta-boy. Firing in here will cause...shrapnel damage.

*kiss*

?

kwstas

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
Gods are created due the Two's luck of know.
Gods are created on a phyletic choice to acquire on an other's letters.
gods are created on the next generation's second.
Gods are created on mere ignorance of elements.
Gods are created simply and on land's everyone's ignorance.
Gods are created because wars cause changes - lessenings to what is maintained.
Gods are created because gods are neglected.
Maybe gods are created on the choice of eating other species.
or on what else;

?

kwstas

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 07:15:10 AM »
or on what else;
On acquiring on anothers letters, meaning to be building a church inside an others grammatical (letterly)civilization, and not merely studing and writting on the nessecity of studing with every civilization. Thank you...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
You're welcome?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
This is a really good thread. As a Christian I will be first to say that I am ashamed of much of the Church's history.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
This is a really good thread. As a Christian I will be first to say that I am ashamed of much of the Church's history.
As an atheist I'll be the first to say I am ashamed of the Church.  All of them.  All the time.
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

?

kwstas

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »
or on what else;
Instead of the 'created', maybe 'being born' will be better.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
"created" was the least puzzling part of your post.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 07:05:30 AM »
As an atheist I'll be the first to say I am ashamed of the Church.  All of them.  All the time.

Are you familiar with all of them?
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Lorddave

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 10:12:50 AM »
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.